What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If You like Pina Coladas...

I don’t mind that one or two always go stdm at start of Groot multiball, if you can catch one you can make a shot while the others are feeding back in through the pops.

Last edited:
A quick update for GOTG owners, i have a new update to my version of the gotg sound mod. 'Come and get your love' is now included in the tape player track list.

I have a new page for ordering a pre-setup sd card on my site here :

https://www.mypinballs.com/software/gotg/

Also, Anyone who bought a pre-installed sd card from me in the last year can send their card back to me for re-imaging for postage cost.

The download links for people who want to do it themselves are now staying at the earlier v1.00 version. When i release v1.2 of the update the download links will update to v1.10 etc etc

Cheers

:)

A quick update for GOTG owners, i have a new update to my version of the gotg sound mod. 'Come and get your love' is now included in the tape player track list.

I have a new page for ordering a pre-setup sd card on my site here :

https://www.mypinballs.com/software/gotg/

Also, Anyone who bought a pre-installed sd card from me in the last year can send their card back to me for re-imaging for postage cost.

The download links for people who want to do it themselves are now staying at the earlier v1.00 version. When i release v1.2 of the update the download links will update to v1.10 etc etc

Cheers

:)
Whoooo hooo I’ve a damp patch in my undercrackers cheers Jim

so I got back into playing this after Jeff Teolis and I had a ICR match, he beat me 2-1 but I had quite a few decent games and enjoyed playing this game again for first time in a while.

Wondering what modes people take in what order?

Cheers,
Neil.

Always start with Yaka, then uses to do Antiquities, Knowhere and Santuary.
But recently been better shooting the ramps, so going Yaka, Sibling, Pod and Knowhere.
After Cherry Bomb it's whatever is left

Yaka is good to start with for two reasons. Main one is because the bonus is big and you get it every ball. Second is, assuming Groot isn’t in virtual locks, balls into Groot get you another Yaka hit when the ball launches into the pops

Sanctuary isn’t good to take early as it doesn’t save progress and is very short plus you can’t build Hadrons up while you do it so leave it until after Cherry Bomb

if you upgrade Pod Chase then you get hits for all shots and it is long so it is good to take into Groot MB

I’m not a competitive player so score isn’t important to me but I play to complete 4 of the easier modes to get to cherry bomb then for next mini wizard mode all you need is 50% of the remaining harder modes like Groot and the likes.

Just pick the 4 modes you find easy Neil as many say Santuary but that infuriates me at times if you don’t complete in its limited time allotted.

this is why I love GOTG so much as it’s a mode based game I can decide which route to go from the start. With Clelland or Jim’s close it’s kinda like a mini Jukebox as todler notes above.

Although I have an LE I still say this it the best pro ever made as very little has been compromised although that said I’m feeling the love of TMNT Pro and although on the honeymoon period feels up there with Guardians in pro flavour.

I just play the mode that is already selected which appears to be random. I find it more challenging that way, and more interesting, and you have to hit the scoop to start them.

its like horde on TWD and Black Knight Multiball on SOR its blinking and you then shout **** as you miss the shot!

so I got back into playing this after Jeff Teolis and I had a ICR match, he beat me 2-1 but I had quite a few decent games and enjoyed playing this game again for first time in a while.

Wondering what modes people take in what order?

Cheers,
Neil.
Good question and is making me miss my pro again actually. Great game!

I think I used to go for (as first 4)
Sanctuary (yellow)
Escape kyln (orange)
Knowhere (red)
Antiquities shop (cyan)

Happy Easter Pinheads.

I've created a new 'tape track list' and version of my custom gotg custom audio mix (that was created from the great work done previously by Cleland). Its an 80s electronic music inspired one that hopefully is uplifting for everyone as we hopefully come out of the dark from covid.

If you'd like to try it out then please pm me for the download link. I hope it make you smile :)

The 12 track list is changed to:

New Order - Blue Monday
Yazoo - Don’t Go
Depeche Mode - Just Can’t Get Enough
Salt N Pepper - Push it (inc End of Game)
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
Bananarama - Cruel Summer
Bronski Beat - Small Town Boy
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
The Human League - Don’t You Want Me?
Ultravox - Vienna
Franky Goes to Hollywood - Welcome to the Pleasuredome
Communardes - Don’t Leave Me This Way

Mode pick screen - Dead or Alive - You Spin me right Round
Rampage Double Scoring - Push it (Short), Salt N Pepper

Just available for pro model at the mo whilst its tested out etc. Please let me know what you think if you try it

I still haven't owned this game. It's one of the Stern big telly's that's always been on my list but eluded me. Best tunes ever and always enjoyed playing it at @robotgreg s place

Happy Easter Pinheads.

I've created a new 'tape track list' and version of my custom gotg custom audio mix (that was created from the great work done previously by Cleland). Its an 80s electronic music inspired one that hopefully is uplifting for everyone as we hopefully come out of the dark from covid.

If you'd like to try it out then please pm me for the download link. I hope it make you smile :)

New Order - Blue Monday
Yazoo - Don’t Go
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
Ultravox - Vienna

Just available for pro model at the mo whilst its tested out etc. Please let me know what you think if you try it
Lovely mix from @myPinballs
Thanks Jim.

Nice change from Mr Blue Sky and some nice clear 80s electronic sounds.
Just gonna play with the music attenuation to crank it up, but overall another masterpiece from Jim.
👍👍

Um, Jim, does loading this replace the High Score table with your one? What's the lowest score on there.... ;)

Happy Easter Pinheads.

New Order - Blue Monday
Yazoo - Don’t Go
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
Ultravox - Vienna

Bananarama instead of Kraftwerk. Something you want to tell us Jim ?:rofl:

Um, Jim, does loading this replace the High Score table with your one? What's the lowest score on there.... ;)
It only changes the grand champ default to my old high score iirc, the other scores defaults are still the factory ones

Happy Easter Pinheads.

New Order - Blue Monday
Yazoo - Don’t Go
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
Ultravox - Vienna

LE Version also created now

Great work Jim, I loaded this yesterday, played a couple of games and Dawn said she doesn't like it as it 'just doesn't sound like Guardians'

I wasn't thinking the same, but then we had another game this afternoon and I finally made it to Immolation Initiative and was two shots from getting to Save Xandar. Clearly 80s Electronic is what I need to get really going , so I'm going to be putting that playlist on headphones and attacking the rest of my machines!

Best bit was with the scores reset, my 3B was actually enough to get the GC, though Josh has said it doesn't count as it wouldn't have even made it onto the board on the Cleland card (5B is his #4 score)

New code!

LE/PRE V1.08 - July 27, 2021
=====================

* NOTE: The current production of Guardians of the Galaxy (GOTG) uses core nodes
(address 8 and 9) with a new electronics component. These core nodes require
firmware version 0.51.0 or later. The GOTG software has been updated to V1.08
with this support. The previous version V1.07 (from 6/28/19) does NOT support
the new node board. If someone DOWNGRADES their new game from 1.08 to 1.07
these newer node boards will no longer work.

- Corrected the text for the "Sixth" coin slot.

- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.74.0
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
time the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was added in
system 2.45 and is not included for display.
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.
- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when >= 100 and
by 10s when < 100.
- When starting a game ramp the backbox GI from "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- When ending a game ramp the backbox GI from "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
- New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in FREE PLAY mode, controls
the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
"ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
"BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode. This is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
"ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.
- Update TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment to ensure a minimal ballsaver even after
the target game time is met.
- Do not display LOCATING NODE BOARD at boot when coin door interlock switch
has disabled node board power.
- Improve backbox and cabinet audio synchronization.
- Update the HSTD reset counter when the Standard Adjustment is changed.
- Added TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment, accessible when the BALL_SAVE_TIME
adjustment is enabled.
TARGET_GAME_TIME enables a multi-use ball saver, whose duration is
dynamically calculated for each ball to help ensure the player has
a guaranteed amount of play time per game.
TARGET_GAME_TIME has a range of 1m 30s to 3m 00s and defaults to
NO_TARGET_TIME (disabled).
When disabled a traditional single-use BALL_SAVE_TIME ball saver will be
used for each ball in play.
When enabled the first ball of play will have a multi-use ball saver of
BALL_SAVE_TIME sec. The second ball will have a multi-use ball saver
which is 25% of (TARGET_GAME_TIME - player_game_time).
The third and beyond will have a multi-use ball saver which is 50% of
(TARGET_GAME_TIME - player_game_time).
- Updated 10 band graphic EQ to have 15 slider settings (was 120) above/below the
neutral center line.
- Rename Util->Volume->Speaker Balance to Speaker Fade. This adjusts the volume
levels of the cabinet (front) and backbox (back) speakers. The term Balance
was misleading and implied adjusting the level of the left and right backbox speakers.
- Added UTIL->VOL Adjustment "SELECT AUDIO FILTER". Values are:
"NONE", "HIGH/LOW SHELF", and "10 BAND EQ". Default value is "HIGH/LOW SHELF".
"NONE": No filtering will be performed on the audio output. Useful when using
the Line Out as input for an external device.
"HIGH/LOW SHELF": A High/Low Shelf Filter is applied to the audio output.
The Bass Frequency can be set to: 125Hz, 250Hz, or Disabled.
The Treble Frequency can be set to: 4KHz, 8KHz, or Disabled.
The Gain can be set to -12dB .. +12dB
On Spike 2 the Shelf Frequency and Gain can be set independently for the BackBox and Cabinet speakers.
"10 BAND EQ": A full 10 Band EQ is applied to the audio output.
Sliders are used to adjust the Gain of a specific range of frequencies.
The Frequencies are: 31Hz, 62Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz, 4KHz, 8KHz, 16KHz.
The Gain curve has a 60dB dynamic range across the -120 .. +120 Slider settings.
On Spike2 the Gain can be set independently for the BackBox and Cabinet speakers.
- Allow the knocker sound effect to play completely when a replay is
awarded during the last ball bonus and ensure the normal game
volume is restored.
- Added Standard Adjustment "MAX PLAYERS PER GAME". Values are 1 to 4,
with a default setting of 4. This can be used to limit the number
of players that can be added to a game.
- Using LEFT+START to end a game during bonus count could leave game graphics
on screen while in attract mode. This has been corrected.

So, if we have an original version then we don't need to upgrade as this is only for newer node boards. Or am I reading the note wrong at the beginning.
Also a PITA if I change as will need to wait for a Cleland update

Back
Top Bottom