What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If You like Pina Coladas...

Sounds like this is stern closing the back door so you can’t swap to older card meaning Clelland and Jim will have to do their magic to sort.

This game is so good because of these aforementioned custom codes and it would destroy the gameplay IMO due to the crap sound alike’y stern one.

Sounds like this is stern closing the back door so you can’t swap to older card meaning Clelland and Jim will have to do their magic to sort.

This game is so good because of these aforementioned custom codes and it would destroy the gameplay IMO due to the crap sound alike’y stern one.
Very possible Colin - just do not update your code, unless the bugs it corrects really do affect your enjoyment of the game.

I know there are a bunch of other fixes in the code not mentioned in the readme. None massive (one the score display bug) - this is going to impact all new stern games from a couple of months ago including STh, IMDn, Deadpool, GOTG, B66 and JP2.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is indeed stern using the firmware to stop pinball browser based game updates working. Something we have talked about before. new games produced with the newer node board revisions wont work with older customised game code and if you upgrade your old game to the newer firmware then they wont work either with the custom game code. So currently if you have a new gotg game that ships with v1.08 then you are on stock sound only and if you have an older game dont upgrade it!!!

If pinball browser manages to fix this then cleland and myself will probably be able to support newer versions, BUT the changes they've made are most likely not in the SD card build anymore and are in the 'black box' firmware level. I am not surprised by this decision though from a business point of view. Makes sense for stern.

Enjoy Stock sound going forward :) :)

Last edited:
One thing i do like seeing in the list is the fix for this:

- Do not display LOCATING NODE BOARD at boot when coin door interlock switch
has disabled node board power.

This always freaks me out and gives me a cold sweat when i think a node board has gone down!!

One thing i do like seeing in the list is the fix for this:

- Do not display LOCATING NODE BOARD at boot when coin door interlock switch
has disabled node board power.

This always freaks me out and gives me a cold sweat when i think a node board has gone down!!
Lol me too!
Maybe keeping your code in Jim makes my GOTG worth more hehe

The changes have nothing to do with pinball browser - this is because they’ve changed component supplier on the node boards and need to run different firmware.

If stern really wanted to stop pinball browser from working they could just start to use signed code and it would be over. I believe they plan to do this when they release their online platform.

Neil.

The changes have nothing to do with pinball browser - this is because they’ve changed component supplier on the node boards and need to run different firmware.

If stern really wanted to stop pinball browser from working they could just start to use signed code and it would be over. I believe they plan to do this when they release their online platform.

Neil.

That makes sense As Much like Gaming platforms and the Anti cheat software this will be used in a similar way to check the machine running the latest code with say competition settings, no of balls ect.
If that code receives a checksum other than standard code it wouldn’t let you compete or get in leaderboards I guess.

Neil.

yes i'm aware its new chipsets that were added to the support code ages ago but at first i thought a grenade had been included in there. Maybe not then,

Looking at the node firmware revision levels and the update notes in more detail, it looked like support for newer chips was added ages ago in (v0.5.1 onwards). Loads of games with higher versions of node firmware since then still work ok with pinball browser changes, stranger things is on 0.6.5 node firmware etc

I guess the original v1.06 gotg build is so old that it was including an earlier version of bode firmware in it, so when they made more new games with the newer node boards an update and warning about incompatibility was needed.

A question also remains with older games that have not been updated as to what happens if your node board fails, and you dont have a spare old type one and no updated software image with 0.5.1 or later node firmware.... Maybe we will see loads of updates for the older titles again to address this potential problem.

Just as a note, these types of things tend to be a big issue over time on old games. Wonder if in ten years time, we'll be hoarding old node boards!!!

I still have to wait for pinball browser to support this new game version before i can update my version to work with it, currently 'computer says no' 😜

I was thinking the same Jim - what if you mix the boards also?

Neil.

I was thinking the same Jim - what if you mix the boards also?

Neil.

Yes, good point, could see a big old mess created here, where we end up with node boards that arent broke but have been used in the wrong game and get bricked updates on them. hopefully stern wont allow you to run firmware on them thats not compatible, but then again old games and code will just try to update to the firmware they have available i would expect on a new board regardless...

IMO if they have an ounce of sense they will do whatever suits their business interest but also doesn't shoot the aftermarket support potential of their games entirely in the foot. I can't see how it helps them in the long run if games are essentially impossible to service once their official support window for a given game or system closes.

Of course only time will tell.

Tried to update but got stuck in a never ending loop of restarts, have had this before and it's issues with Stern's super slow code site losing bits somewhere so re-downloading code and going again shortly

So had issues where it’s decided (via Insider Connected) to put my username instead of my name in the score table (GZ and IM work correctly) at game end it showed both together one above the other although won’t do that now

61C7CA48-B0F6-4948-A627-E5E2916557C8.jpeg0440215D-99A4-46CF-AB74-873E2B5CAC22.jpeg

@myPinballs
Jim will it be possible to update ur SD card code to allow the current mix you have if machine is updated?
Think i know the answer but i thought i would ask anyway..
If the pinball browser version is updated to support gotg code newer than 1.0.6 of gotg then yes i will update my versions of the update to work with it no worries. I thought so far it wasn't available though.

Well, i decided it was time to update my 12 song mix tape update to v1.09 so i bought a new pinbrowser version yesterday and am now working my way though it.

I am also attempting to add back the speech quotes that were originally created by cleeand. As he nolonger seems to update this i am attempting to do this myself from my v1.06 version. Stern arent making it easy though lol

Well, i decided it was time to update my 12 song mix tape update to v1.09 so i bought a new pinbrowser version yesterday and am now working my way though it.

I am also attempting to add back the speech quotes that were originally created by cleeand. As he nolonger seems to update this i am attempting to do this myself from my v1.06 version. Stern arent making it easy though lol

Nice one Jim

I am assuming it will be compatible with Insider Connected update?
if it is i might have to try and buy me a kit!

Follow up to my earlier post, I am about two thirds the way through the update now and should have my v1.09 version out at the weekend for testing etc.

As a reminder my version added 12 individual songs to the game on the mix tape and utilised all the movie speech form the cleland/sinetro version along with a few other changes.

I ended up writing my own program to generate a macro file to update all the speech calls. There are around 1110 sound scripts in here and around 382 speech requests in total. Not all of those are customised but most of them are. My program generates a macro to batch update everything based on pinball browser request to script data

4DDDBB15-0229-4B4F-BD99-83D52270EB6E.jpeg

Stay tuned icon_smile.gif

Follow up to my earlier post, I am about two thirds the way through the update now and should have my v1.09 version out at the weekend for testing etc.

As a reminder my version added 12 individual songs to the game on the mix tape and utilised all the movie speech form the cleland/sinetro version along with a few other changes.

I ended up writing my own program to generate a macro file to update all the speech calls. There are around 1110 sound scripts in here and around 382 speech requests in total. Not all of those are customised but most of them are. My program generates a macro to batch update everything based on pinball browser request to script data

View attachment 173041

Stay tuned icon_smile.gif
Miss my GoTG 😪

Back
Top Bottom