What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home leisure direct shocker

Out of interest what do you get extra for your money from HLD...as GOT LE is £900 dearer than PH :eek:

i reckon the best punishment for this infraction of the decency laws would be for regular posts on their home page for a while that referred to exactly that. i've been banned for their FB page now, for daring to suggest that they were out of line this time, but am happy to bump this thread once a month for a while, just to **** them off, so they realise the value of keeping the community on board

who wants to do it (post that GOT LE is £900 cheaper at Pinball Heaven) this week, any takers?

Getting there... page 4 on google....

hld.jpg

Already page 4 on google when HLD searched for......

That post they made :

We'd like to give a special mention to all that went to the Manchester Play Expo and to all of those that contributed to the charity event featuring the Game of Thrones Pinball Machine (as featured in our Weekly News).
All contributions to the Teenage Cancer Trust are always warmly received.

I hope it's not intentional, but it does come across like they provided that machine themselves! If they'd just have said '.. provided by Pinball Heaven..' it might have come across as an apology of sorts
Mehhh. Muppets!

I've never deleted any comments left on Facebook bar Mark Robinson when he was joking with something that should have been on my personal Facebook account rather than PH FB. I have never had to delete an angry customers comment. Maybe because I'm not a sly underhand backstabbing f*cker!

No I didn't give them permission, No they didn't ask, YES I did pay them a visit today, YES they were surprised ;-)

What you get at HLD for the GOT LE for £900 more is a 1 year shorter warranty ;-)

Phil

I've never deleted any comments left on Facebook bar Mark Robinson when he was joking with something that should have been on my personal Facebook account rather than PH FB. I have never had to delete an angry customers comment. Maybe because I'm not a sly underhand backstabbing f*cker!

No I didn't give them permission, No they didn't ask, YES I did pay them a visit today, YES they were surprised ;-)

What you get at HLD for the GOT LE for £900 more is a 1 year shorter warranty ;-)

Phil
Screenshot_2015-10-15-23-07-59.png Screenshot_2015-10-15-23-12-27.png

Phil

Lol funnily on my short lived msg on FB I did mention that I bet for the extra 900 you don't get a warranty like ph

I think hld aproach to pinball is pretty poor full stop i see more pics of the premium model on the pro model sales blurb so some poor customer is going to be pretty disapointed when his got pro is missing its mini playfield as the fb page said they did pay to play it well i am pretty sure that footage is from the lock in where it was on free play

Home Leisure Direct appear less than popular with some members here then, but Pinball Heaven gets the big thumbs up :thumbs:

Has anybody bought from Liberty Games in Epsom?

Their NIB prices for Pro models look OK to me. It's their customer service and after-sales care etc that I'm wondering about.

Last edited:
Anybody here bought from Liberty Games in Epsom? I know their second hand prices are a tad high, but their NIB prices for Pro versions are OK. It's their service, after-sales care etc that I'm wondering about.
Their prices for old games are shocking - 4395 for a DESW! I'd always give Phil and Andy first preference personally, top service from them both plus I like that they actually get involved with the community here!

Might have to pop down to the Liberty Games showroom at some point though since they're just down the road.

****ty practice I know, but hey don't need anyones permission to film at a public event. Still cnuts though.

Reactions: JT.
Isn't it just their guys in the video and no-one else? Other than being morally bad prac it's not really a legal point to discuss (unless there were specific t's and c's imposed by the event organisers to attendees as a private controlled event). The pinball machine can't sign a release form ;)

Anyhow, looks like it's all sorted.

They do to use it as their promo tho

Might have to pop down to the Liberty Games showroom at some point though since they're just down the road.

You'd be disappointed, they only have a ST in the showroom right now but they did say they were putting their TAF in soon.

I'd always give Phil and Andy first preference personally, top service from them both plus I like that they actually get involved with the community here!

Phil from Pinball Heaven is great but (after changing my mind umpteen times) I'm starting to think TWD Pro. Pinball Heaven isn't selling those.

I'm not sure who you mean by Andy, is that still Pinball Heaven or another seller I should be considering?

Last edited:
Just typed in pinball machines for sale on google and guessed who popped up as UK's Number one supplier of pinball machines. Also award winning....

Screenshot_2015-10-16-19-14-51.png

I see the offending video is back up on HLD facebook page... :sad:

Looks like they've edited the video though now. All the footage they filmed at NLP is removed and replaced with footage from Stern's promos.
Hopefully lessons learned. Maybe Home Leisure Direct will bring a few pins to NLP and make a significant contribution to the pinball community and charity next year... maybe.

Last edited:
There's an easy way to help show them and nothing I would ever recommend, I've heard of some people who are annoyed with companies, who go to google and search for them, then click on the adwords advert on the right, each time you do THEY pay.

It's childish but it does make a difference (their bill rockets quite quickly when numerous people do it) I guess if you're banned from their facebook for asking reasonable questions, then it may be something you wish to do *not that I would condone it*

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=pinball+machines+uk

Looks like they've edited the video though now. All the footage they filmed at NLP is removed and replaced with footage from Stern's promos.
Hopefully lessons learned. Maybe they'll bring a few pins to NLP and make a significant contribution to the pinball community and charity next year... maybe.
I will hold my breath on that one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,let me know when I can exhale

I'm not great with the technology stuff but what can we do to help PH get number one on Google searches for pinball sales? Can we make that happen? I'd happily type pinball heaven onto Google every time I turn my laptop on if it helps? I'm sure someone here, maybe @aaronhicksuk knows what we have to do here to make it happen...

HLD are top of the search results because they've paid to be, hence the little "AD" icon. You can't get higher from natural search results. Sponsored results always sit higher otherwise no one would pay for them!

Back
Top Bottom