What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group Buy Low Reflective glass

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
one thing to add, this glass is better than the stuff stern are putting in to LE's - Stern's glass is only low reflective on one side, whereas this glass is two sides..

Hi Neil,
So you're saying that this is a significant upgrade over a Stern LE glass? If so, can you increase my order to 2 x standard please?
Thanks,
Conrad.

I don’t think it’s a big enough improvement that I’d order it to replace any glass just that it is better. I’m not replacing any of my LE glass from Stern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t think it’s a big enough improvement that I’d order it to replace any glass just that it is better. I’m not replacing any of my LE glass from Stern.

Ok - thanks for the clarification (pun intended). I'll stick with just the 1 standard then - Cheers.

See below the only packing will be small foam piece to separate the sheets of glass. Tempered glass is strong except at the edges so those coming to collect need to create a storage method that protects the edges.

I transported 10 sheets in my M4 with the rear seats down with a hard foam base and foam surround with the glass just on top of each other with the foams as noted below.

Glass is 5mm, foam 3-4mm work on that basis.

The more people we have collecting the less risk for major breakages.

. View attachment 108885

Hi Neil
Is the intended purchase definitely for the double-sided type? As the way I read the data sheet there's single & double coated availability.
It use to be the case that household ammonia based glass cleaners were detrimental to coated glass and an Isopropyl-alcohol type cleaner was prescribed. Do you think that still stands?
Cheers Bob

Two sided coated glass: reflectivity remains under 4 %

A little UV filtering. Protects the plastics from fading

Tempered glass for safety

The most neutral coloured glass on the market. No purple interferencing

The glass is low-iron so the glass itself is not green, while the white on the playfield remains white, yellow remains yellow.

Pass- I’ve never noticed a significant improvement with this kind of glass tbh. I’ll just stick to switching off or dimming lights above my machines. Reflections solved, and save leccy too.
Back box lights easily dimmed on new sterns so no issue there either.
Love you Neil and wishing you all the best with what sounds like a logistical and transport nightmare!!

I designed my room for pinballs with the lighting (led panels) behind the player so there were no reflections on the glass, full brightness or dimmed.
I have 10 pins in a row, plus another. All dmd WPC except lotr le with Invisiglass. You can quite clearly see lights on/dimmed and off which has the best glass which actually looks like it’s not there. Couldn’t believe it when I saw the difference.
I can only speak for the non tv pins though.
Had comments about why is it so clear as well.

Neil i been thinking about it and I might as well put this glass in the complete wpc row so please make my order

8 x standard
2 x wide

cheers

only LE and CE have the non-relfective glass from JJP.

Back
Top Bottom