What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group Buy Low Reflective glass

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Hey Neil can you put on the sticky at the top I’m willing to bring a sheet load (pun intended) up to the North East and I’m willing to stop at any service station on the way up which will probably be the A1.
Anyone further than me I’m willing to store at mine for collection.
I’m in sunny sunderland FYI.
Thx Col
Anyone feel free to PM me if this helps.

If anyone in Scotland is buying and collecting and would be willing to pick up and hold onto (post covid 19) a couple for myself, please let me know, i stay in Aberdeen and have no way to collect from flip out, thanks

Hey Neil can you put on the sticky at the top I’m willing to bring a sheet load (pun intended) up to the North East and I’m willing to stop at any service station on the way up which will probably be the A1.
Anyone further than me I’m willing to store at mine for collection.
I’m in sunny sunderland FYI.
Thx Col
Anyone feel free to PM me if this helps.

Once they've arrived, can I suggest a new thread, possibly with a motorway services distribution network informally building up. I'm pretty close to Pop 2K on the M6/M56 junction, fairly easy to get to for anyone in the North West. I'm happy drive to Flipout & meet up (distancing in play) to transfer there & it doesn't all need to be on the same day. I don't have a van, and don't know how bulky these are when packed, so I don't know how many I could get in a Mazda 2.

Once they've arrived, can I suggest a new thread, possibly with a motorway services distribution network informally building up. I'm pretty close to Pop 2K on the M6/M56 junction, fairly easy to get to for anyone in the North West. I'm happy drive to Flipout & meet up (distancing in play) to transfer there & it doesn't all need to be on the same day. I don't have a van, and don't know how bulky these are when packed, so I don't know how many I could get in a Mazda 2.

See below the only packing will be small foam piece to separate the sheets of glass. Tempered glass is strong except at the edges so those coming to collect need to create a storage method that protects the edges.

I transported 10 sheets in my M4 with the rear seats down with a hard foam base and foam surround with the glass just on top of each other with the foams as noted below.

Glass is 5mm, foam 3-4mm work on that basis.

The more people we have collecting the less risk for major breakages.

. IMG_6897.JPG

Remember guys if doing the motorway services click and collect, check how long you can stay as the APNR will check you in and out.
I think you usually get two hours parking.
I wait to see the footage of a bunch of guys throwing rolls of money and the vehicle opened and guys running off with sheet glass :rofl:
Make a nice change to what normally goes down at motorway services!

one thing to add, this glass is better than the stuff stern are putting in to LE's - Stern's glass is only low reflective on one side, whereas this glass is two sides..

Tim - indeed.
@M4carp yeah I also like the edge on them.

And yes its a hell of a lot of glass. I think if we had known the demand we might not have done it LOL.

Still waiting on shipping costs.

Once we have shipping costs we will update the price per sheet and then take payment:

Payment will be via PayPal friends and family - only I can already see some of you not being happy about that but I want to use the payment protection when I place the order with the glazier +and+ keep the costs low.
This chap has a great record, he has done many large orders 100 to Austria 100+ to Holland. But with it being over £10,000 of order you can understand that I want to be sensible about it. I will collect the cash from you and then pay using the PayPal protection, yes that will cost some cash but I think its worth it but I don't want us to pay the protection fee more than once, Hopefully all of you know I'm not going to rip you off and many of you know where I live :D Had the lockdown not been on we probably could have met him in France but at the moment that's not possible. There will be a thread for payment, and you will have one week to pay, then we will take your order out, pay the glazier and the wait begins.

Delivery will be to FlipOut, Before paying I will get an estimated delivery time, not sure if he has all these in stock of if we have to wait for manufacture. I will find that out ASAP.

Collection for you will be from FlipOut. Note when we hand the glass to your collector - that's where our responsibility will end! We will ask you to give us the name of who is collecting for you when you pay.

At FlipOut we will have a number of collection days that we will open for you to collect the glass. We will do this in a socially distancing safe way, Note subject to government guidelines FlipOut is likely to be closed for game playing unfortunately.

Cheers,
Neil

Hi all,
Flipout is going to buy a stack of low reflective glass. See the glass type below:

Sorry still waiting on shipping details prices to be confirmed asap.

£85-90 Standard
£100-110 Widebody

For collection from Flip Out Pinball Club.

Northerners contact @Colywobbles who has volunteered to collect on your behalf and drop off up the A1.

This is not romans glass but another vendor, I have bought 5 pieces from him of which one piece is in my IMDN and Nineball at the club. Its as good as Roman/PDI Glass but the bezel is diamond rather than smooth. You know how much of a dick I am on quality so you can know that this is good stuff.

LAST ORDER IS MONDAY 25th

Please can you post what you want below - Note what I have on this post is what you get, so make sure any changes are represented here.

Total 118 standard
Total 28 Widebody
Total 1 SC (to be confirmed).

Mike K 1 Standard
Mike K 1 Wide Body
Mike P 2 standard
Mike P 1 wide
Hi all,
Flipout is going to buy a stack of low reflective glass. See the glass type below:

£85-90 Standard
£100-110 Widebody

Northerners contact @Colywobbles who has volunteered to collect on your behalf and drop off up the A1.

This is not romans glass but another vendor, I have bought 5 pieces from him of which one piece is in my IMDN and Nineball at the club. Its as good as Roman/PDI Glass but the bezel is diamond rather than smooth. You know how much of a dick I am on quality so you can know that this is good stuff.

Please can you post what you want below - Note what I have on this post is what you get, so make sure any changes are represented here.

Total 118 standard
Total 28 Widebody

Mike K 1 Standard
Mike K 1 Wide Body
Mike P 2 standard
Mike P 1 wide
Stan 1 standard
Thomas 2 wide
Thomas 1 standard
Nick 1 standard
Santi @Galego 2 Standard
@Neil McRae 3 Standard
@Colywobbles 4 Standard
@tyke 3 widebody
@M4carp 8 standard
@M4carp 3 widebody
@replicas 3 standard
@Gonzo 2 standard
@Gonzo 1 widebody
@DAD 3 standard
@DAD 1 widebody
@scottydoesntknow 3 standard
@scottydoesntknow 1 wide
@Jmac 5 standard
@Jmac 2 widebody
@strobey 2 standard
@strobey 1 wide
@strobey 1 Safecracker
@Kman 3 Wide
@Kman 8 Standard
@Dave Bishop 2 Standard
@MartinY 4 standard
@Chris P 5 standard
@JAG555 1 standard
@Mednec 4 standard
@Mednec 1 wide
@mission65 4 standard
@mission65 2 wide
@pinballtoys 4 standard
@Stags6969 3 standard
@Garry Sp8 4 standard
@Garry Sp8 2 wide
@taz turbo 1 standard
@taz turbo 1 wide
@J.C.Rox 2 standard
@Safe cracker boy! 2 wide
@Paul 2 Standard
@Ben-P 1 Standard
@Replay 3 standard
@Matrixnetuk 1 wide
@DanLewell 3 standard
@Poibug 2 standard
@C&C 1 standard
@pinsinthewild 3 standard
@stumblor 2 standard
@mufcmufc 2 standard
@Robbie 3 standard
@Solar Sailer 1 standard
@Judderman 2 standard
@Sutol 2 standard
@James 3 standard
@Andypc 1 standard
@Tony 3 standard
@john63 2 standard

Stan 1 standard
Thomas 2 wide
Thomas 1 standard
Nick 1 standard
@Galego 2 Standard
@Neil McRae 3 Standard
@Colywobbles 4 Standard
@tyke 3 widebody
@M4carp 8 standard
@M4carp 3 widebody
@replicas 3 standard
@Gonzo 2 standard
@Gonzo 1 widebody
@DAD 3 standard
@DAD 1 widebody
@scottydoesntknow 1 wide
@Jmac 5 standard
@Jmac 2 widebody
@strobey 2 standard
@strobey 1 wide
@strobey 1 Safecracker
@Kman 3 Wide
@Kman 8 Standard
@Dave Bishop 2 Standard
@MartinY 4 standard
@Chris P 5 standard
@JAG555 1 standard
@Mednec 4 standard
@Mednec 1 wide
@mission65 4 standard
@mission65 2 wide
@pinballtoys 4 standard
@Stags6969 3 standard
@Garry Sp8 4 standard
@Garry Sp8 2 wide
@taz turbo 1 standard
@taz turbo 1 wide
@J.C.Rox 2 standard
@Paul 2 Standard
@Ben-P 1 Standard
@Replay 3 standard
@Matrixnetuk 1 wide
@DanLewell 3 standard
@Poibug 2 standard
@C&C 1 standard
@stumblor 2 standard
@mufcmufc 2 standard
@Robbie 3 standard
@Solar Sailer 1 standard
@Judderman 2 standard
@Sutol 2 standard
@James 3 standard
@Andypc 1 standard
@Tony 3 standard
@john63 2 standard

Hi all,

£85-90 Standard
£100-110 Widebody

Total 116 standard
Total 28 Widebody

Mike K 1 Standard
Mike K 1 Wide Body
Mike P 2 standard
Mike P 1 wide
Stan 1 standard
Thomas 2 wide
Thomas 1 standard
Nick 1 standard
@Neil McRae 3 Standard
@Colywobbles 4 Standard
@tyke 3 widebody
@M4carp 8 standard
@M4carp 3 widebody
@replicas 3 standard
@Gonzo 2 standard
@Gonzo 1 widebody
@DAD 3 standard
@DAD 1 widebody
@scottydoesntknow 1 wide
@Jmac 5 standard
@Jmac 2 widebody
@strobey 2 standard
@strobey 1 wide
@strobey 1 Safecracker
@Kman 3 Wide
@Kman 8 Standard
@Dave Bishop 2 Standard
@MartinY 4 standard
@Chris P 5 standard
@JAG555 1 standard
@Mednec 4 standard
@Mednec 1 wide
@mission65 4 standard
@mission65 2 wide
@pinballtoys 4 standard
@Stags6969 3 standard
@Garry Sp8 4 standard
@Garry Sp8 2 wide
@taz turbo 1 standard
@taz turbo 1 wide
@J.C.Rox 2 standard
@Paul 2 Standard
@Ben-P 1 Standard
@Replay 3 standard
@Matrixnetuk 1 wide
@DanLewell 3 standard
@Poibug 2 standard
@C&C 1 standard
@stumblor 2 standard
@mufcmufc 2 standard
@Robbie 3 standard
@Solar Sailer 1 standard
@Judderman 2 standard
@Sutol 2 standard
@James 3 standard
@Andypc 1 standard
@Tony 3 standard
@john63 2 standard
Hi not sure if it took my order but I'll have 2 Standard. Thanks Galego.

Hi Neil
Bob at Pinball Toys has given me the 'heads up' on the consignment of glass you are ordering - it's a great service you are offering - thanks.
Please add the following for me.
Wide Body x 1
Standard x 5
Please let me know this has been acknowledged
Thanks again
Alan

Cheers Neil - appreciate the effort you're putting into this.

Can you put me down for 1 x standard please?

Also, will be happy to bring any other orders back to deepest darkest Devon (with drop-offs on route if practical! ). That's kinda close to West Dorset if it's not going to cause divorce @huggers 😉😄.

Back
Top Bottom