What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gottlieb Appreciation Thread

Another thing to be aware of with gottlieb games and flippers etc is that all their games are 'traditional' style flipper design. There is no fliptronic use here. This includes system 3 dmd game to, so that makes eos switch replacement even more important (bushes, flipper coils, links, end stops etc all should be changed for new to). Capacitors on the eos switches are also often broken or missing and should be replaced with new. The parts are not cheap and this is why often they dont get replaced.

And the Relays that are used to control various power inputs should also be cleaned, checked and adjusted. This is particularly important with the Q (game over relay) as this controls the power the flippers get, so a bad/dirty/old/worn contact here isnt going to help much.

Just a few pointers for people anyway that can help make things more like they should be

… and BTW, any heads up on a Bounty Hunter or Gold Wings would be appreciated. The last two I'm looking for.

@Arcadehub86 nice! I love Street fighter, a lot of people hate on it but who can honestly say it's not a great theme for a pin, the music is awesome too.

@JMP awesome collection mate, you've literally got my dream lineup 😂 one day I'll have a collection like yours... Hopefully! Lol

Cheers @MajesticPinball had a few others too but moved them on; Hot Shots, Bone Busters, Deadly Weapon, Diamond Lady and Spring Break.

I can get hold of Arena, Hot Shots, Rock Encore and Devils Dare machines if you ever want any of those.

@Arcadehub86 nice! I love Street fighter, a lot of people hate on it but who can honestly say it's not a great theme for a pin, the music is awesome too.

@JMP awesome collection mate, you've literally got my dream lineup 😂 one day I'll have a collection like yours... Hopefully! Lol
It’s actually really good to play it’s got a few nice little features and some shots are hard to get. I’m hoping to get my name on the master score

Cheers @MajesticPinball had a few others too but moved them on; Hot Shots, Bone Busters, Deadly Weapon, Diamond Lady and Spring Break.

I can get hold of Arena, Hot Shots, Rock Encore and Devils Dare machines if you ever want any of those.
Arena looks epic, Victory is at the top of my list but right now I am so unbelievably stuck for space 😂 what's Diamond Lady like? Always kinda fancied that too but it just looks a bit too tacky (even for me!) 😂

Speaking of editing, apparently the translite of Hollywood Heat needed photo-shopping. The building behind had one of those neon tubes not working when the picture was taken, and it's 'lit' by editing in. Though there are only the two others reflected in the bonnet of the car.

Last edited:
Speaking of editing, apparently the translite of Hollywood Heat needed photo-shopping. The building behind had one of those neon tubes not working when the picture was taken, and it 'lit' by edited in. Though there are only the two others reflected in the bonnet of the car.

Wow they totally dodged a bullet there - imagine if they hadn't of remembered to do that and instead the backglass was a confused and tasteless mess?

🤣. Makes me chuckle the amount of Gottlieb translight chatter in here and in the games room.... it's why I keep them original, cheese fest, dodgy Raven arm transplant (@Poibug), spilt liquid Kraftwerk poses (TX) and all. Spring Break, Robowar & Excalibur ones are great I think.

My genesis has been a jaw dropper to everyone that's seen it so far, especially to my non-pinhead friends that have come over 😂 When it comes to Gottlieb translites, the uglier the better!

Last edited:
Reactions: JMP
Been into gotts for years.
First gott was Cue ball wizard.
Also owned two volcanos, my multiball haunted house, spirit, deadly weapon.
Currently have black hole, mgowar, robo, tx, big house, tag team, Frank n pin aka genesis, Ramones aka genie

Reactions: JMP
Back
Top Bottom