What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gotg pro and Dead pool pro price

It seems because I listed my GOTG for sale at the price I bought it for less than 4 weeks ago and someone not happy because I turned them down at 5k this thread appears and spawns a veritable **** storm.
We all love pinball here and I’ve generally found everyone helpful and the place to buy and sell pins without the hassle of eBay pinball leg kickers but in all honesty I now regret listing it at all and it gonna make me think twice about listing another if this is how a simple sale goes.
Thankfully I’ve now sold my GOTG to someone who appreciates a well loooked after HUO one and I have got the price I was after regardless of what people think it’s worth.
I don’t think there were too many sold in the UK as it took a while for me to find one, whereas I had been offered a couple of DPs during my search so it will probs hold it’s price better of the two, others but that’s just my 2 penneth!
Now I can look forward to picking up my beautiful Guardians in LE flavour. Yey \o/

I was tempted, was just discussing with my son what we were going to sell...

Glad you got a buyer.

I wouldn't get too worried - this '****storm' as you put it [emoji16] pops up frequently on here regarding prices - it's all just chitter chatter.

People selling always think a game is worth X, buyers always think it's worth Y. And bystanders will throw in their opinion too. Let battle commence. And so it ever it was and will always be [emoji3]

I think the elephant in the room is that for many years now the general feeling has been that people won't 'lose' too much when selling newish pins. And with older pins - people have been riding the pinflation wave and assuming they not only won't 'lose' but will 'win' when they come to sell.

And we have all enjoyed that - lets be honest. Right now though it feels that is changing, for whatever reasons.

I think the mindset of 'losing' on a pin sale will need to change. All hobbies/entertainment cost money. You haven't 'lost' the money - you decided to spend it on that hobby/activity whatever.

Grizz’s Sunday sermon.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

It seems because I listed my GOTG for sale at the price I bought it for less than 4 weeks ago and someone not happy because I turned them down at 5k this thread appears and spawns a veritable **** storm.
We all love pinball here and I’ve generally found everyone helpful and the place to buy and sell pins without the hassle of eBay pinball leg kickers but in all honesty I now regret listing it at all and it gonna make me think twice about listing another if this is how a simple sale goes.
Thankfully I’ve now sold my GOTG to someone who appreciates a well loooked after HUO one and I have got the price I was after regardless of what people think it’s worth.
I don’t think there were too many sold in the UK as it took a while for me to find one, whereas I had been offered a couple of DPs during my search so it will probs hold it’s price better of the two, others but that’s just my 2 penneth!
Now I can look forward to picking up my beautiful Guardians in LE flavour. Yey \o/

Sold at the spot on price in my opinion I think that what’s this pinball worth tread is a waste of time and most people who ask on there have a good idea of what it’s worth anyway best thing to do is put it up for sale at a price you want or best offer
The market is always up and down more so at this time of year
I often put stuff on and it sells in seconds and I think **** that must have been too cheep but at the end of the day it sold and I am happy on the other hand I put things that I think will fly out the door and they don’t i think there are a couple of bargains on fs right now both ac dc are certainly on the money if you are looking for one
One thing I do find sad but good for me that people would rather px stuff in with me for less than put on group
I always tell people put it on group you will get more for it than I will give you but often there reply is I don’t want the hassle and people giving me some about price condition etc etc

as i keep telling you Chris ,, and would sooner buy new at £5100, or £4200 without the vat for a lot of buyers it seems

I luckily dont need the extra wedge as you put it, but you might ?

you would be ideal for it if you didnt work for Pinball Heaven, as there could be a slight problem there

I could always do with a bit of extra wedge Tony who couldn’t
I could probably buy at cost in the states with the contacts I have ship to jjp put on a container there and ship with other stuff and avoid the vat and import duty hack it and sell on for a very nice profit but it’s not worth the hassle believe me and I also don’t want a knock on the door from mr tax man

Yes you pay more buying from Pinball heaven but you can ring up no hassle no shipping charges 2 year warranty and telephone support all of the time you are always going to get people who will search out cheeper options you can’t stop that but as a successful businessman yourself you know nobody works for nothing

I asked what price they are going for. I couldn’t care less to be far as it is about pinball machine. I am looking to pay £5,000 yes and wanted to see what the going rate was. That is all the thread was about to ask what the going rate was.

Glad you got a buyer.

I wouldn't get too worried - this '****storm' as you put it [emoji16] pops up frequently on here regarding prices - it's all just chitter chatter.

People selling always think a game is worth X, buyers always think it's worth Y. And bystanders will throw in their opinion too. Let battle commence. And so it ever it was and will always be [emoji3]

I think the elephant in the room is that for many years now the general feeling has been that people won't 'lose' too much when selling newish pins. And with older pins - people have been riding the pinflation wave and assuming they not only won't 'lose' but will 'win' when they come to sell.

And we have all enjoyed that - lets be honest. Right now though it feels that is changing, for whatever reasons.

I think the mindset of 'losing' on a pin sale will need to change. All hobbies/entertainment cost money. You haven't 'lost' the money - you decided to spend it on that hobby/activity whatever.

Grizz’s Sunday sermon.

I agree I don't get the "I want £xx as that's what it owes me" that people say.
A pin, like anything else, is worth what someone will pay.
I have lost on pins, and have made nicely on others. But more importantly had a she'd load of fun playing em🤘

I think an LE on this pin is a nice choice, although not a fan of the mustard trim.

Mirrored backglass - I think.

Better light show.

More magnets.

As with all LE's they are never 'worth' it but usually preferable if that makes sense!

I hope to pick up one some day if I get space and/or let go of one of the semi-keepers:)

I asked what price they are going for. I couldn’t care less to be far as it is about pinball machine. I am looking to pay £5,000 yes and wanted to see what the going rate was. That is all the thread was about to ask what the going rate was.
It’s an awesome pin and for 5k a bargain IMO but I’m biased as I love the game.
Simple fact with my sale was it was to upgrade to the LE and if I didn’t get what I wanted I would forgo the LE and just keep it.

While we’re on you asked what a GOTG is worth then I think it’s easily worth 5.5k or even 6.5k NIB
As for DP i would actually want a HUO premium due to gimped PF features so a pro would never be on my radar

I’ve paid top dollar for a HUO GOTG LE and to me it’s worth what I’ve paid

Either way good Luck with your search I’m sure you will find a DP fairly soon but it took me months to find a nice HUO GOTG but maybe you less picky on condition and may find a sited one from a operator for that magic 4k figure butnid be amazed if you do!

It’s an awesome pin and for 5k a bargain IMO but I’m biased as I love the game.
Simple fact with my sale was it was to upgrade to the LE and if I didn’t get what I wanted I would forgo the LE and just keep it.

While we’re on you asked what a GOTG is worth then I think it’s easily worth 5.5k or even 6.5k NIB
As for DP i would actually want a HUO premium due to gimped PF features so a pro would never be on my radar

I’ve paid top dollar for a HUO GOTG LE and to me it’s worth what I’ve paid

Either way good Luck with your search I’m sure you will find a DP fairly soon but it took me months to find a nice HUO GOTG but maybe you less picky on condition and may find a sited one from a operator for that magic 4k figure butnid be amazed if you do!
Who said £4,000! I said £5,000 is what I would pay. You wouldn’t find one for £4,000 I kniw that.

All this talk of spike two games being north of 5k didn’t seem to apply to my Aerosmith when I put that up for sale and in my opinion it’s better than all of these mentioned and has the best PF toy . So I don’t think @chrisB you have that quite right .. also a Star Wars Pro went a few months on here for about the same as I sold my aero for less than 4.5k
Also you say about operators buying them , that also depends on operators having the money to buy them back
And most op’s the very few that are around unless buying new don’t want to pay 5k from what I can gather for an old game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway what’s the next pinball ?? That Black Knight thing is so last week 😁

AS is a great game but now never goes above £4500 - I guess it's the theme that holds it back.

I bought and sold my Star Wars pro for £4500. Fantastic theme but not many like the game!

Aero is a lot of fun, beautiful artwork, not the deepest rules but not everything has to be The Hobbit.

Unfortunately I think it's lacklustre display doesn't help it . I remember the first thing people mentioning on seeing it at EAG was the oddly static animations.

I so wanted to like SW unlike Aerosmith it had the looks the screen candy and great sound the game however was meh!
Aerosmith may be a cracking game but so is IM and I’m not a fan of either band but IM is where it’s at and will never go south of 5k just like GOTG
My 2 penneth

An illustration as mentioned earlier in the thread is an ac/dc up for sale, now not too long ago, that game would have been snapped up at 6k, loved game and in great demand.
1 - 2 years from now deadpool and gotg will be the same.

Aero is a lot of fun, beautiful artwork, not the deepest rules but not everything has to be The Hobbit.

Unfortunately I think it's lacklustre display doesn't help it . I remember the first thing people mentioning on seeing it at EAG was the oddly static animations.

The animations in game are great , the ones when the band are singing are a bit flash animation but they all correspond to the songs ... some of the best animations are when you get super loops and he fires rockets out of the guitars it’s totally bonkers and truly underrated game that I foresee will have the same thing happen is what always happens , suddenly someone wants one and as there are so few about , it becomes a bit of a mission that person gets its proclaims it to be The best game ever and then everyone wants one and again as there are so few the price goes up blah blah blah “ same old story same old song and dance “ to quote a tune from the greatness that it Aerosmith ... just ask @Matt Adams he hates pretty much all modern sterns loves the Aero 🤘🏼💥🤘🏼

An illustration as mentioned earlier in the thread is an ac/dc up for sale, now not too long ago, that game would have been snapped up at 6k, loved game and in great demand.
This is very very likely as in the next 2 years there may be as many as 20 NIB games!!!!!!

The animations in game are great , the ones when the band are singing are a bit flash animation but they all correspond to the songs ... some of the best animations are when you get super loops and he fires rockets out of the guitars it’s totally bonkers and truly underrated game that I foresee will have the same thing happen is what always happens , suddenly someone wants one and as there are so few about , it becomes a bit of a mission that person gets its proclaims it to be The best game ever and then everyone wants one and again as there are so few the price goes up blah blah blah “ same old story same old song and dance “ to quote a tune from the greatness that it Aerosmith ... just ask @Matt Adams he hates pretty much all modern sterns loves the Aero [emoji1598][emoji95][emoji1598]
You can stop selling it now - it's gone [emoji23]

In defence of AS I liked it better than -

DP
SW
Munsters
JJP games
BM66

Would have another AS but there is so much choice now , but so little space and cash without doing a cull;)

I could only get 4.8k for my AC/DC Premium no one wanted it at the time a few years back. Then when it went out of production the 2nd hand value shot up to 6k-ish. But then they went into production again with the vault editions and once again the price is coming down. Unlikely to get that low again though I think I sold it at the worse possible time!

Back
Top Bottom