What's new

Sold Ghostbusters !

• Thread starter robertlucas1970
  • Start date
I am getting a lot of offers on trade machines, but for now I do not want to get another pin until I have played a good selection, not only because of the loss at re selling if I dont like it, but its such a pain moving these things, so the next one has to be a keeper.
As for the cash offers I am going to keep it at £4800 which I think is a nice price as it really has only had 30 games and if there is a way to see this in the menu I am sure you can confirm this.
If after a few weeks its not moved only then will I drop the price.
Many Thanks

have you tried to get it easier? get the outline metal guide higher? put longer flipper? setting the game with 5 balls?
if you do not manage to go far in the gameplay you can't know what it has to offer.
this is a hard game but interesting to play. fun to play? it depends on your skills.
i will short my location time with this one but i'm pretty happy to know what it has to offer despite lots of frustration times.
it will leave my house with a decent score in factory settings in V1.04

IMG_3041.JPG

Still getting lots of offers and some silly ones at £3.5k
I really am in no rush to sell this and have refused a offer of £4600, so if after a few weeks it has not sold I will drop the price or decide to keep it.
Many Thanks

Keep it Robert enjoy your elvis for a while then come back to ghostbusters and give it another try i have sold games like this before only to miss it then buy it back

I agree with Chris you should keep it. Stop playing it and give it another go after the next update. I had a similar thoughts after I bought the TZ. Love it now. Sometimes the games that don't click right away are the keepers.

I don't what the code's like on Ghostbusters, but a lot of the recent Sterns have had bad reports of rubbish code from new, so it might be worth hanging on until the software is complete. It took a while for some games like Metallica and TWD but I think the wait was worth it.

I think the code on ghostbusters was pretty good at release compared to past machines, didn't feel lacking in anyway.

I think the code on ghostbusters was pretty good at release compared to past machines, didn't feel lacking in anyway.
Yeah I'm loving my gb the new code 1.05 is awesome with the river of slim, slimer is much more responsive, modes seem easier, getting used to the flipper gap to, its my favourite pin I have owned and played, closely followed by Spiderman which I miss, it's a great price for a new game, good luck with the sale

Robert your price is fair. try to give it more time , make it easier get the new code. even if in a years time your sick of it it would be worth £4500.

He should follow my advise. If he decided to sell it coz it is too difficult to play, so make it easy.
Buy pinballuniverse kit, or set higher the outlanes (easy to do), buy longer flippers ( some which seize 8,3mm), play with 5 balls.
I can assure you that you will get pleasure to play it.

£4800 bargain price
Keep with it ,it's a super game ,just let the Elvis fever die down a bit,

I def would have it ,if I had any funds :thumbs:

Yeah I'm loving my gb the new code 1.05 is awesome with the river of slim, slimer is much more responsive, modes seem easier, getting used to the flipper gap to, its my favourite pin I have owned and played, closely followed by Spiderman which I miss, it's a great price for a new game, good luck with the sale

River of slime feature is an awesome addition. All we need now is some Vigo! And yes i am convinced they fixed whatever they bust in v1.04 with regard to slimer bashing! Funny isn't it though how they didn't mention anything in the update notes ;)

Robert, Please keep your game and try it again once the Elvis love has worn off! I can't believe someone offered you 3500!! That's a bit rude to be honest.

Thanks for all the comments, if I was to add longer flippers that to me is just like cheating, not something I want to do.
I will have a game on it later see if I can get to Spook Central
I was on Elvis last night and it just kept me there for over a hour trying to light the blue notes and get to number one, but will give GB a blast later, but dont think it will grow on me.

Hi Robert, do you understand how the modes work on GB? There are 2 on the left scoop, 3 on the left ramp and 4 on the right orbit, spook central being the 2nd mode on the right orbit. Just mentioing it because you said " get to spook central " like its the point where you are stuck. You don't even have to play the modes in that ladder if you don't want to.

Yes I have only ever lit "Who brought the dog" and "We got one" then I tend to lose the last ball, but thats how little I have really played it.

I'd say it is way too soon to park it up Robert. Walking Dead was nothing special when it was first released but with code updates it is now a superb game.

And yes i am convinced they fixed whatever they bust in v1.04 with regard to slimer bashing! Funny isn't it though how they didn't mention anything in the update notes ;)

That's funny, our Slimer works perfectly on 1.04. We haven't updated to 1.05. Stern suggested we make a minor adjustment to the positioning of the cable Slimer hangs on to which solved our registering issues we had the first few days. They also assured me it was not code related.
Great guys at Stern, solid service.

If you love the Elvis pin have you seen the Elvis fruit machines to compliment it, lots of songs and videos. Also some good toppers on them which might look good on it.

and a lot bloody cheaper than pinball machines LOL Even the very desirable ELVIS coin pusher comes in around £650

I would like a Elvis coin pusher, only ever seen a twin or a back to back, so not sure if you can get a single unit, but fruit machines dont do anything for me im afraid.........

Honestly, who offers £3.5k for practically a new machine!

- to an operator YES LOL Not to a forum member though as thats a tad mean. The guy in Stourport with the boxed ST PRO recently was very close to taking my 4k offer. I certainly get daft offers the other direction especailly on eBay!

Back
Top Bottom