What's new

Sold Ghostbusters !

• Thread starter robertlucas1970
  • Start date
R

robertlucas1970

I have decided to sell my Ghostbusters, I expect its had around 40 games, played it for the first week and then left it.
I have added Elvis to my collection which I think is great, was hooked after the first game, GB does not do this for me, I just find it way too hard and have to walk away from it.
So not much point having over £5k invested in this pin which is not getting played, I want all my pins to be like Elvis where I think it looks stunning and I just keep going back to it.
I guess I really need to play a pin first before I buy others, but not so easy when you just dont see any about.
Not sure how to price this, so I will start at £4800, if I get no interest after a few weeks I might come down a bit, but for now I will stick at this price and I dont want to trade as I need to play a few more pins before I decide on the next one.
No point me posting loads of pics as its as new.
The bag with all the bits in is still stapled to the side, have not touched it.
Collection Shrewsbury

Many Thanks

20160606_181732.jpg

20160422_173646.jpg

Thanks, I am in no rush to sell it, so will see what interest I have, but I just dont think its for me.
I mean just look how nice my Elvis looks now, with the LED's lighting up the reds and the purple I think its great which is why I spent over £1k just replacing bits and still waiting for new parts from Marco, will never get back what I have put into this, but this is a keeper.
I intend to do the same to my Sopranos once this is finished and then I will have room for one more and need to play a few first and not buy them blind.

20160522_213744.jpg

Thanks, I am in no rush to sell it, so will see what interest I have, but I just dont think its for me.
I mean just look how nice my Elvis looks now, with the LED's lighting up the reds and the purple I think its great which is why I spent over £1k just replacing bits and still waiting for new parts from Marco, will never get back what I have put into this, but this is a keeper.
I intend to do the same to my Sopranos once this is finished and then I will have room for one more and need to play a few first and not buy them blind.

View attachment 31238
That looks amazing.

View attachment 31238
LED OCD for your insert LEDs?

LED OCD for your insert LEDs?

The pins have all looked so dull before I do the LED's I do think they can transform a game.
The only think I dont like about them is at night some will be dimly lit when they should be off and these are meant to be the non ghostiong LED's
Somebody did tell me this can be sorted out in the code on the ROM, so thats something I will have to look into.

Somebody did tell me this can be sorted out in the code on the ROM, so thats something I will have to look into.

That only applies to 90's Bally Williams games. With modern sterns you have 2 options to defeat ghosting, fit an LED OCD, or fit non ghosting leds that actually don't ghost, like the ones comet sell.

The Ghost Buster LED's I got from One Stop Pinball work perfectly in my Spider-man. I replaced all of the LED's that were in it when I bought it as they flickered.

The pins have all looked so dull before I do the LED's I do think they can transform a game.
The only think I dont like about them is at night some will be dimly lit when they should be off and these are meant to be the non ghostiong LED's
Apologies, I meant this: http://ledocd.com not do you have OCD!

Thanks for all the info, I had no idea about this device, I use LED's from pinball LED which I understand are non ghosting, but like I say in a darkened room they do light just a tiny bit when they shouldn't.
Im not going to change them as the cost has been well over £100 for each machine by the time you get the insert kit, the GI lamps and then the flashers, but I will order a OCD to try.
Many Thanks

Thanks for all the info, I had no idea about this device, I use LED's from pinball LED which I understand are non ghosting, but like I say in a darkened room they do light just a tiny bit when they shouldn't.
Im not going to change them as the cost has been well over £100 for each machine by the time you get the insert kit, the GI lamps and then the flashers, but I will order a OCD to try.
Many Thanks
Works best with cheaper non-nonghosting LEDs, but will still be an improvement. Be warned you will want more than one and as Andrew says they really do need a European distributor.

Sorry to hear GB doesn't do it for you? What is it that you didn't like? When I got my Walking Dead it was so-so at best for the first 6 months but really came into it's own when the new code came out. Do

I only had a few games on it, but really couldn't get into it either. She absolutely loved the game. Probably because she murdered my scores.

Sorry to hear GB doesn't do it for you? What is it that you didn't like? When I got my Walking Dead it was so-so at best for the first 6 months but really came into it's own when the new code came out. Do

Its not that I dont like it, but it does not have any wow factor for me, for the last few weeks I just play Elvis and Sopranos.
I have GB set to extra easy/5 balls and still never made it to Spook Central, I got storage multi ball a few times which is still hard having to load the 2 balls first and then shoot the ramp.
So if I can find something which I like as much as the Elvis I think this will be a good move, but first I want to play some, so will get myself to Tilt and as Im taking R2 to the Northern Lights Pinball Show that will give me chance to play some more as long as I can find a safe place to park R2 up.

Sounds like you might want to think twice about Avatar and Walking Dead, for easier play and longer ball times you could try: Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Spiderman, Simpsons Pinball Party, World Poker Tour...

Sounds like you might want to think twice about Avatar and Walking Dead, for easier play and longer ball times you could try: Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Spiderman, Simpsons Pinball Party, World Poker Tour...

I picked Avatar up on Sunday :)
Had a few games on it, seems fine, I like the sounds and the theme, like the way the magnet grabs the ball and can launch it very fast in any direction.
But best of all its all chrome and blue and matches the R2 perfect :)

20160607_071344.jpg

Robert you are going to be extremely popular at expo, won't have time for pinball :)

I could do with finding who sets all the pins up there as I expect there will be the 3 StarWars pins and If possible it would be good to have a space where I can park R2 between those.
That will look great and give me a chance to play some and a chance for R2 to charge after a few hours run time.

I picked Avatar up on Sunday :)
Had a few games on it, seems fine, I like the sounds and the theme, like the way the magnet grabs the ball and can launch it very fast in any direction.
But best of all its all chrome and blue and matches the R2 perfect :)

View attachment 31255
You bought that one, nice :), to be honest I've hardly played it, just heard it was hard and similar to Iron Man which is brutal!

you can bank a DE SW but the other two may be tricky , but maybe the hyper rare Sonic one will make an appearance? The vid guy are bound to bring the Atari 83 game so R2 will be in good company

I could do with finding who sets all the pins up there as I expect there will be the 3 StarWars pins and If possible it would be good to have a space where I can park R2 between those.
That will look great and give me a chance to play some and a chance for R2 to charge after a few hours run time.

@replicas

We will sort out something so R2 feels at home.
Will also have a safe area for R2 to park up while you get some pinball playing done.
D.

Good idea as some ****er will take a shine to that R2 unit.

Back
Top Bottom