What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghostbusters new code..

A lot easier to finish modes. Already done stay put which was impossible to get to. Had to doctor the extra balls as was silly. Lot of speech I haven't heard before. A lot better but honestly thinking of flipping it.

GOD MODE is fantastic.
Managed to complete Level 2
Didn't last too long on Level 3

Ok I’ve only owned GB for a few days and had a couple of doz games max but put new code on tonite and had 3 games and it is defo a lot easier that’s for sure.
I’ve yet to get my head around the game and it’s code so early days but like most new pins I’m loving it ATM only time will tell but I do sure love the theme which always goes a long way

I wonder when the COLORDMD update will be out.....According to @Neil McRae it still works on all the old scenes but not in certain parts of the new code.
Everything that was in colour before still is, everything new is just monochrome.
Exactly the same as every other update for every other game where new dots have been added.

I'm sure colordmd will get round to releasing new coloured updates soon, they've just released an update for the new GoT code.

Everything that was in colour before still is, everything new is just monochrome.
Exactly the same as every other update for every other game where new dots have been added.

I'm sure colordmd will get round to releasing new coloured updates soon, they've just released an update for the new GoT code.

Yes indeed that’s what I meant. I hear that their update will be out before expo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First thing I did was turn off the game complete if ball drains
I have put a 1sec ball save on the subway & left kick outs BUT these also come on during multi-ball-
This then increases ball save time considerably in multi-ball. This could be a tweak/fix worth noting?

I have put a 1sec ball save on the subway & left kick outs BUT these also come on during multi-ball-
This then increases ball save time considerably in multi-ball. This could be a tweak/fix worth noting?
This is what @Sven Normansson and I noticed yesterday. Aiming for the scoops in any MB is the way to go, I think it definitely needs removing.
There's also the fact that you seem to be able to get unlimited add-a-balls from the left captive balls, another reason to be shooting in that general direction.

They've addressed the fact that people found the game too hard, by making it too easy IMHO, exactly the same as they did with AS and Met.

Scoring is also extremely volatile, it's definitely not as skill based/linear as the majority of games.

Prior to this release I did wonder whether they will return to the code again, after this update, to fix issues. An update with this many changes is bound to reveal more problems/bugs.

Really enjoying the new code. Sure the layout is still brutal, but they've made it so much easier to get through modes/ladders than before you actually get to see some of the game :D . God mode is awesome, I just wish it was accessible without going into the settings. Ever since getting Judge Dredd a while ago, with its Super game, I've always thought it would be good to have different ways to play the machine selectable before starting, I guess we're lucky to get machines with finished code without asking them to code more modes in.

Trouble is easy games get old fast! Maybe that’s why you didn’t keep Judge Dredd very long, first thing I did was disable the Super game :p.

I found GB was addictive because of how challenging it was, kept me wanting to play again, but got rid because the code was incomplete. Wonder how many will be selling now if it’s too easy?

Disable the super game? Why would you do that? It's just a different way to play. Didn't affect how the main game played?

Just had around a dozen games on it. Definitely improved. Super loopers is cool. Just goes to show It’s nice to have some dark periods in games. That’s the furthest I got though.

I’m not a fan of easy games and although I’m no pinball wizard I still find GB very challenging.
That said I’ve only had a doz 2 player games on it since new code and neither me or Gabe got anywhere fast.
I guess time will tell but for me the theme is to die for and they have integrated is so well in the mode and sound department so double thumbs up from us both

Col n Gabe

Yeah, agree...ghostbusters is such a dream theme.
The art, sounds, PF, call outs etc... looks a tough cookie to master.......
One of the most Iconic 80s movies 👍

It’s easier out of the box but change just a couple of things and you are back to the previous level.

I really like it ultimately it’s the same game polished with the wizard mode (s) only really being the new things, worth the wait and job well done.

Yeah I had forgotten how brutal that can be - definitely need to adjust your playing style - although I was half asleep when playing so not great :) - I’d also made the game harder after the first easy game. The other thing that didn’t affect me before was the brightness of the LEDs - which really caught me out! Not sure if they changed the light show!

But boy is the sound good on the game!!!

I adjusted #30, "last scene continues" to "scene continues." So no modes auto-complete. Default is only last ladder modes don't auto-complete. Changed both flippers to std instead of the default strong.I dunno the flippers are really strong on my pin!

They really nailed the theme, the art and sound are top drawer. After all my misgivings about the game part of me fancies another pro for a while. Not sure how long it would last but yeah, that theme and the new code does pull me back in a little

Back
Top Bottom