What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Garage Dehumidifier And Heater Suggestions

+1.
I've been in this hobby for yonks and never had a problem.
Heater in the cold months and that's it.
I think it's more a OCD problem than anything else.

Heater increases the temperature. Which reduces the Humidity.....

Looking really good. Could you link we where you got your dehumidifier from? And maybe a pic of it in action so I can see the how full the resovoir gets.

I just had my house and pin garage all rewired so this is the last part of my project to do. I was fine in the summer but now it is getting chilly in there
This is how much water it took from the air in about 10 hours.

IMG_7505.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7505.JPG
    IMG_7505.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 4
And here is the pinball machine after just 24 hrs in the dehumidified room

Which raises an important question. Given that the machines are made of wood and so are the playfields, will using a dehumifier eventually lead to planking and shrivelling of the joints of the cabinet? How much humidity is right?

I'm not sucking all the moisture out of the room guys. It is controlled at 50% humidity. The issue I have had in the past is the wild swing in temperatures casing possible condensation. That is why I never played my games from November until about March. I am looking for a steady temperature through out the winter months.

The steady chug of warm air coming out of the de-humidifier is making the heater almost redundant too.

www.thisiscarpentry.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_07_Humidity_Moisture_Content.jpg

I think they key is to try to maintain a relatively flat humidity - i.e. less swing from high to low.
this would reduce any movement, and in turn aid long life... (and mean that metalwork doesn't get surface rust, for example)

www.thisiscarpentry.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_07_Humidity_Moisture_Content.jpg

I think they key is to try to maintain a relatively flat humidity - i.e. less swing from high to low.
this would reduce any movement, and in turn aid long life... (and mean that metalwork doesn't get surface rust, for example)
That is it Paul. I'm not chasing some kind of magical figure. Just looking for a more stable environment.

Which raises an important question. Given that the machines are made of wood and so are the playfields, will using a dehumifier eventually lead to planking and shrivelling of the joints of the cabinet? How much humidity is right?

The best place for a pinball machine is in the same home that we live in. If it's good enough for us then it's good enough for a pinball machine.
Saying that, it must be too dry in my house - the wife is looking more wrinkly by the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahahaha. I'm so, so sorry. I really am. But this is just great. :rofl:

As useful as this thread is (and it is indeed very useful) I think we can all agree that topics like dehumidifiers and heaters etc can be a little boring. But fear not good buddies. It is a much better read when it's been 'ghettoized'..... Some of this is jut priceless. I particurally enjoyed: "I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch."

http://www.gizoogle.net/index.php?s...er-suggestions.34136/&se=Gizoogle+Dis+Shiznit

Sorry. :oops:

Hahahaha. I'm so, so sorry. I really am. But this is just great. :rofl:

As useful as this thread is (and it is indeed very useful) I think we can all agree that topics like dehumidifiers and heaters etc can be a little boring. But fear not good buddies. It is a much better read when it's been 'ghettoized'..... Some of this is jut priceless. I particurally enjoyed: "I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch."

http://www.gizoogle.net/index.php?search=http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/garage-dehumidifier-and-heater-suggestions.34136/&se=Gizoogle+Dis+Shiznit

Sorry. :oops:
OMG! I can't breathe!

These is what tha **** tha mutha****a at work was on about. Right back up in yo mutha****in ass. Supposed ta be pretty skanky ta run. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch.
It all dependz on tha size of space yo ass is using. Right back up in yo mutha****in ass.
I wanna bust a nut on storage heaters...
Da whole thang be a voodoo nightmare.
I looted dis one, works straight-up well.

Back
Top Bottom