What's new

Game of Thrones Pinball is official

To me, Game of Thrones is deciding which of the 4 work gunners I'm gonna reverse park my breakfast into in the morning. Great game. I normally opt for trap 4 as it has a challenging flush. Yet rewarding if you get rid of it in one go.
I digress.

Looks like it will be a good game.

The art on it as a whole is ****ing naff. PF looks like clipart. For such a cool layout with nice toys someone really dropped the ball.

Hopefully my opinion will change when I see the finished product

Inst.JPG

Rules look interesting, I would say it's likely to be a real players game with plenty to do. The playfield art looks quite good close up actually (map in the background) not sure why Stern has chosen to show rendered images, Valar Morghulis below the flippers :D

The rule cards make the game look interesting. Not sure about the video mode though

I actually like the art on the upper playfield, it's the blocky look on the lowerfield that gets me.

Gameplay should win out overall. AC/DC is butt ugly but one of the best games ever made. GOT could have been beautiful

As usual, its to play the machine before passing a more final judgement. Cant say I know anything about GoT from the books or TV series but this surely will be great, its done by Steve Richie! Having said that, the pro does look a bit sparse, premium/LE looks the way to go on this one!

Managed to tolerate about 20 mins of ep1 before deciding not to waste any more precious life on that, think it's pretty certain that I won't be making space for this :D

Reactions: JT.
Agree that the art is ****e. I imagine they must have just got fed up with the back and forth of having it approved with the licensor

I'm going to have to go back and rewatch the series now. I didn't get very far with it, but was enjoying it. Hey.. Why no Sean Bean on the translite? ;)

The daft thing is they showed with Metallica that if they can be ****d they can design awesome artwork

Yeah but it's all down to the licensor isn't it. They have to give the thumbs up to everything GOT related, speech, artwork etc to 'protect their brand'. Just like when JJP released those first images of The Hobbit, and they got slated for the insert images looking crap (and the text on them 'Balin THE DWARF' etc etc. They explained that those are the art assets that were released for them to use, and they can't change them in any way.

I honestly suspect that Stern know this art is ****, but they have their hands tied. In part it may be because they ran out of patience trying to get approval for variations on the assets, but mainly down to the licensor.

Anyway. May play awesomely, so I'm reserving final judgement until then.

Surprised at the hate GOT on TV is getting!

I love it (though miss Sean Bean).

Fantasy is my favourite theme for pins so I had high hopes for this one. the inevitable comparisome on the looks front must be LOTR which for a STERN is a masterpiece. game play I expect Steve R to deliver like he has since Superman. Many have already compared it to the likes of MM and SoF. SofF is a hidden gem of a game but with GoT LE having a list price of 100x what I paid for my Swords it will have to be damn special! LOL

I do a little bit of design work on the side and id guess its a nightmare to be dealing with a huge brand like GOT. Well if dealing with a bride getting wedding invitations made is anything to go by. :D

Still a bit disappointing to see such naf artwork but sure happy to see a new pin.

Maybe it explains why the predator pinball pf looked the bees knees :p

On facebook

Stern Pinball
The premium has been confirmed to exist via the matrix, and will feature an exclusive outer art package themed around "The North" which has not been revealed at this time.

Winter is coming.....

1/5 for me. Not bad seeing as i hate it and have never seen more than 20 minutes of the entire thing!

Back
Top Bottom