What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale FS: New Sterns - Latest List

Then after 6 months - a node board, or an LED board goes. You speak to the company in the USA - and it is out of warranty. Then you have to pay top dollar for a replacement.
Same as buying a used game and people seem to be ok with that. 🤷‍♂️

Stern do not support machines that get into the UK (with their wonderful 3 months warranty) unless they came in via electro coin. Serial numbers are logged for this reason.
Stern support don't exactly have a stellar reputation. Unless you have a shed with 20 LEs in your garden that is - then they might look after you!

Contary to peoples beliefs - Pinball Heaven dont make ÂŁ3K per new machine. They also do a 2 year warranty (which I believe other UK companies do, and this comes out of their own pockets.
The price gouging is clearly happening between Stern and Electrocoin. PH have to deal with customers (huge time sink) as well as extend the warranty to 2yrs (extra costs), so they can definitely justify their cut.

Then after 6 months - a node board, or an LED board goes. You speak to the company in the USA - and it is out of warranty. Then you have to pay top dollar for a replacement.

Dont come running to uk based sellers for help - as guess what?? They wont be here, then you will be going 'I wish I could order spare pinball parts instead of having to order abroad'......

Welcome to owning vintage pins… We now have a US shipping mailbox. UK sellers have a bunch of standardised parts but, I promise you, never the bit you actually need. If I find something on a UK seller’s website, I’m (pleasantly) shocked. Shocked, I tell you :eek:

If you bought a pin from say PH and you have a problem after the warranty runs out - they will order you the part.

The main point of my post was the import thing, if more people do it then you will loose the companies that (shock horror) run a business doing - and the main point is to make a living out of doing it. Making money is not a swear word - it is being succesful. Legit/established pinball companies who buy thru the correct channels do not need ot prove their cut either. You do not get pee'd off when buying a bottle of milk that the farmer got literally 10p for. You dont say that tesco need to justify making 99p reselling.

I am lucky that I have the skill to repair the pinballs I buy. Most of the time I buy used.

Back
Top Bottom