What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale FS: New Sterns - Latest List

Parallax Digital

Site Supporter
OK - we are letting go one of our units which was used for testing for another customer, but doubled up as extra storage space for new pins, so we need to clear a few out

Here is the current available list and I am listing 'list' prices - there are some discounts available for forum members as always, but give me a call or drop me a PM to discuss

Rush Pro

Rush LE

Mandalorian Pro

Mandalorian Prem

Guardians of the Galaxy Pro

James Bond Pro

James Bond Prem

60th James Bond LE

Godzilla Pro - ex show one off (Next batch in a few weeks)

Godzilla Prem

TMNT Pro

TMNT Prem

Jurassic pin home version (disty stock)

Star Wars pin home version (disty stock)

Star wars comic pin home version (disty stock)

Beatles Platinum (disty stock)

Beatles Diamond (disty stock)

'List' Prices are as follows

Pro - £7250 + VAT
Prem - £9950 + VAT
Home - £5450 + VAT
60th - £25k + VAT
Platinum - £25k + VAT
Diamond - £40k + VAT
Rush LE - £11950 + VAT

All up North as usual and available for next day shipping after the mods are done to the wiring (current new builds have a wiring error on the coin door looms that we correct) and any mod kits for Rush/007 are also fitted

If anyone wants coin handling or cashless then we can sort that out also

I will be looking at launching a rentals option for our pins within the coming weeks

Cheers

Jeff

Anyone heard of this coin door thing? I’m looking at the tmnt pro but not getting the best feeling, any previous customers input would be helpful or if you have one for sale hit me up, no disrespect to the company just don’t know much about them 👍

I enjoyed Beatles when I played it, but who in their right mind has £50k to drop on a wooden box!?
The Diamond and Platinum editions were, as I understand it, a major miscalculation by Stern. They’re identical gameplay-wise to the Gold edition and, thus, Stern was going for the memorabilia market. Unfortunately, that didn’t work out and they’re still floating around, unsold…

The Diamond and Platinum editions were, as I understand it, a major miscalculation by Stern. They’re identical gameplay-wise to the Gold edition and, thus, Stern was going for the memorabilia market. Unfortunately, that didn’t work out and they’re still floating around, unsold…
Gold edition looks best anyway

Anyone heard of this coin door thing? I’m looking at the tmnt pro but not getting the best feeling, any previous customers input would be helpful or if you have one for sale hit me up, no disrespect to the company just don’t know much about them 👍
I purchased my TNMT Pro and excellent communication from Jeff no issues here. As for the wiring issue I don't know I've not had any issues and mines a year old.

Wasn't @Neil McRae after another 60th ?

Cheaper to buy from US, ship, get another CPU and still save £10K!
EF7F7AB1-3734-47F4-9EB6-65E44238BFE3.png

Cheaper to buy from US, ship, get another CPU and still save £10K!
How much does a EU CPU board cost these days though? Last time I checked the only one in stock was >1200€ and I'm guessing 20%VAT on top 😱

The alternative is these "frequency converter" boards - what do they sell for?

This kind of thing happened in the 80's with motorbikes, people were sick of being fleeced by the importers so a wave of grey imports hit the country.

If EC carry on as they are it'll become a viable alternative to bring them over.

Pinball life has them at $400 - it's a ripoff!! I've been looking at this stuff recently and the difference is literally the value of 8 bytes in a flash memory...

@ian866 no the lock is only for 50 vs 60 hz. So north America vs rest of the world. The game has no way of knowing whether it's in DE or UK. (Until you connect it to the internet anyway...)

Anyway, sorry for derailing the sales thread. Back on topic I understand the seller has already sold games to a number of people on here who can vouch for him. Prices are roughly the same as NIB from PH not sure on the warranty however the nice thing is they're in stock!!

Last edited:
How much does a EU CPU board cost these days though? Last time I checked the only one in stock was >1200€ and I'm guessing 20%VAT on top 😱

The alternative is these "frequency converter" boards - what do they sell for?
£200-£300 for the frequency/hack boards last I heard.

Stern sold them all, if there was a miscalculation it was on the distros that bought them.

These are uk pins, I have purchased from Jeff of Parallax, the coin door option is for sited games, I.e for cash less play over a network,

Cheers
Itch

nobody can force you to take something you don't want, even in America.
Don’t Stern have a minimum quantity there distributors must take of each new title? I remember hearing a story about LibertyGames or HLD kicking off wanting to be a Stern distributor and Gary called their bluff with a quick in person meeting saying sure thing minimum order of so many units and they walked away with their tails between there legs.

And with Beatles they had to buy “packs” can’t remember the numbers but wasn’t it something like 10 golds then got you two silver and one platinum.

Last edited:
when you sign up to be a distributor; the manufacturer (and more importantly) their customers expect you to have their product in stock. If you don’t want to have those products in stock - don’t sign up to be a distro - sign up with a distributor to be a reseller. I know of no sensible manufacturer that doesn’t do this. Apple, Samsung, Asus, BMW, Kia, Black and Decker etc

many pinball companies have similar requirements. But nobody forced someone to buy 100 Beatles pinballs if you believe the urban legend and every distributor goes in knowing they need to commit to a set number of games. Stern and JJP absolutely do this, not sure if the others do it because on the flip side if I sign up to be a distributor of their products I want to be able to get the product. For Stern this was a big issue with their US distros and the reason they reduced to 2 new titles per year to keep distros happy. What is funny is that the distros didn’t actually get any more games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally.... I think the prices of some of these games is ridiculous as list prices - will park that there, but these are the approved list prices from EC........

Stern has distys where they want them, and my personal view is that the business is now run by accountants and not engineering or operations led - we complain about having to pay our 50% deposits before they leave the states, but i am sure the distys pay 100% up front with no delivery dates - would love to be proven wrong on that one

None of our previous customers will be directly affected by the coin door issue, as we did a swap out before we shipped them - for anyone else, coin 4 will not register as a swtich activation with the new coin door wiring. I have a couple of technical service bulletins to release this week, and this issue is covered in one of them

Yeah - import a game - put in a new cpu board - pay the VAT and import costs when it lands - and the shipping.

Oh - it got damaged in shipping - now do the long claim to get the money out of the couriers IF you paid insurance costs.

Then after 6 months - a node board, or an LED board goes. You speak to the company in the USA - and it is out of warranty. Then you have to pay top dollar for a replacement.

Dont come running to uk based sellers for help - as guess what?? They wont be here, then you will be going 'I wish I could order spare pinball parts instead of having to order abroad'......

Stern do not support machines that get into the UK (with their wonderful 3 months warranty) unless they came in via electro coin. Serial numbers are logged for this reason.

Contary to peoples beliefs - Pinball Heaven dont make £3K per new machine. They also do a 2 year warranty (which I believe other UK companies do, and this comes out of their own pockets.

Back
Top Bottom