What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Downtime.... ***Daytime 2/10*** (Date/Time change!)

I don't know if it's just me, but on Samsung the notifications just keep increasing whereas on IOS they clear when viewed
Screenshot_20201004-080826_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20201004-080826_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Paul, I really appreciate your hard work in keeping the forum running.
I think the changes are pretty good, I have stumbled upon posts I previously missed.
My only request is to be able to highlight new posts in blue (or any another colour) like before as apposed to bold white print as my eyesight even with glasses isn’t very good at noticing the difference.
Maybe it could be accessed in the user settings?
cheers Chris

Mobile experience is still horrible with all the icons missing
Which browser please? Deffo an issue on Android as have just checked Safari and all looking good there (for a change!)

Hi Paul, thanks for plugging away getting it all sorted. I too am having missing icon issues on Android with Chrome.

Thrown the Android issues to the developers - lets see what they say :)
One thought - have you tried a different browser to see if the issue exists there? Seems strange that it works ok on Chrome on some platforms, and not on others... Im still wondering if there are caching issues....

Hi Paul, sorry to throw more wood on the fire, and don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I did notice that image thumbnails (ie before being opened) and showing blurry.

Not a huge deal but it was convenient at those times when you didn't want a close up and just wanted to skim.

Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 13.12.27.png

I have two Samsungs here Android 7 and 8, no missing icons I can spot on either (in Chrome).

Hi Paul, sorry to throw more wood on the fire, and don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I did notice that image thumbnails (ie before being opened) and showing blurry.

Not a huge deal but it was convenient at those times when you didn't want a close up and just wanted to skim.

View attachment 121276

Reported to Forum Developers...

The top menu bar on Android when scrolling down disappears.
Can this be fixed at top? (as previously).

Re the missing icons on Android - I fixed it by clearing my cache (running Firefox).

And +1 for the unread links being blue not white please!

I have icons. Android Chrome users. Tap the 3 dots top right>History>Cache, clear it all. All sorted. Thought I'd already done this. Only issue I now have is the new post count is at like 2000 even after I've clicked on the icon.

Hi Paul, I really appreciate your hard work in keeping the forum running.
I think the changes are pretty good, I have stumbled upon posts I previously missed.
My only request is to be able to highlight new posts in blue (or any another colour) like before as apposed to bold white print as my eyesight even with glasses isn’t very good at noticing the difference.
Maybe it could be accessed in the user settings?
cheers Chris
Hi Paul,

Many thanks for the massive effort, just wanted to say it's appreciated.

Like Chris P, I'm missing the new or updated threads highlighted in blue and before if I clicked on a thread it would take me to the first unread message, now it takes me to the message no 1 every time. Is there a setting that I have to press for this to happen, or has this option been removed? Not a big issue but I thought I would ask.

Many thanks

I have icons. Android Chrome users. Tap the 3 dots top right>History>Cache, clear it all. All sorted. Thought I'd already done this. Only issue I now have is the new post count is at like 2000 even after I've clicked on the icon.
have you tried a "mark all Read" and see what if it Zero's that count??

That link worked. Need to find that button on Android unless this has fixed it permanently

ok - that meant there were x nuber of messages not read on the board... unless searching, the way i tend to read stuff on here is to use the "New posts" and work my way through them... allows you to pick up every new post then... or just "mark forums Read" if there are too many or nothing of interest :)

It'll be in one of the dropdown menus somewhere (I'm an Apple person myself, so android is a black art to me) :)

What's happening is (I think!), unless I actually view a new post, the count never goes down. This happens for the new post count and the standard notifications on the top left. They also remain unless I click through to the links.

What's happening is (I think!), unless I actually view a new post, the count never goes down. This happens for the new post count and the standard notifications on the top left. They also remain unless I click through to the links.

Yup that would be it - If it's not viewed then it's classed as unread... and will just increase

Yup that would be it - If it's not viewed then it's classed as unread... and will just increase
Ahhh. Okay. It's funny because previously my notifications would disappear if I clicked on the top left once, I wouldn't need to click through each new post individually or manually mark them all as read.

All the icons that normally sit acro1601897400181.pngss the top of the reply box are currently missing (except the arrows) - however hovering over the spots where they should be brings up the options

Android Chrome users. Tap the 3 dots top right>History>Cache, clear it all. All sorted.
All the icons that normally sit acro
1601897400181.png
ss the top of the reply box are currently missing (except the arrows) - however hovering over the spots where they should be brings up the options
Chrome David?? Please see above...

Back
Top Bottom