What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Downtime.... ***Daytime 2/10*** (Date/Time change!)

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,

There's been a major update to the forum software which i am hoping to be able to implement this evening.... Therefore just a headsup that the forum will be down this evening for an hour or two to upgrade.....

Includes Updates to (but not only) :

Forum and thread types system
Updated rich text editor
User profile banners
Username change requests
Forum SEO controls
Progressive web app
Activity summary emails
Style archive import and export
REST API additions
Profile post attachments

There's also updates to associated Add-ons - Means i'll have quite a bit of testing to do post upgrade to work out what still works and what doesnt :)

Many thanks
Paul

**** UPDATE - Due to real life getting in the way this will now take place the afternoon of 2/10. Apologies for any inconvenience ***

Last edited:
As always, thanks for the work you put into this place, it really is appreciated.

Looking forward to the changes. Things already run pretty smoothly around here.

Well that went swimmingly.. NOT!!!

So, Upgrade itself went easilly... but the Theme (what you see) broke, and then things ended up going from bad to worse!!

Anyhow - Main page looks different, however that will go back to normal once Themehouse fix the Add-on.... (Was noticed typically just after i started the upgrade!).. so probably a week or so!

EDIT : Now Fixed it myself :rofl::rofl:

PLEASE - if you see any issues or problems LET ME KNOW IN THIS THREAD!

I'm going to have a bite to eat before I start round two, however the forum should stay open :)

Last edited:
Well done folks. It's always a nervous endeavor backing up the database and trying to remember your login for the control panel 😉

Looks and feels great. ⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️⚒️

Well done folks. It's always a nervous endeavor backing up the database and trying to remember your login for the control panel [emoji6]

Looks and feels great. [emoji3537][emoji3537][emoji3537][emoji3537][emoji3537][emoji3537]

Backup took 15 mins.....

Mop up the mess took 3 hours....

Thanks for all the effort @Paul

All of my bar is missing its colour so I can see styling etc. Same for notifications, they are just blank.

This is the home page for me (I am signed in). Can't see DMs? Android phone btw

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201002-215428_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201002-215428_Chrome.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi Paul

Thanks for this, but there's a few things that make it less useful (for me). I tend to mainly use the What's New feature - previously, the threads I hadn't red were coloured blue so I could keep track of where I had got to, now everything's white.

Also, when I go to a thread, I'm sure the top menu stayed at the top of the screen so I didn't have to scroll back up to the top of the page of posts to hit the What's New button again - I do now.

Not the end of the world.

This is in Brave browser

Hi Paul

Thanks for this, but there's a few things that make it less useful (for me). I tend to mainly use the What's New feature - previously, the threads I hadn't red were coloured blue so I could keep track of where I had got to, now everything's white.

Also, when I go to a thread, I'm sure the top menu stayed at the top of the screen so I didn't have to scroll back up to the top of the page of posts to hit the What's New button again - I do now.

This is in Brave browser
Will sort that, just need to find where it is :)

Last edited:
All seems good, but the up/down arrow buttons that hover bottom right have incorrect graphics.

Please advise - Notifications??
The icon for DMs is missing. So is the icon to the far left. You can still click there and it works however.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201002-222411_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201002-222411_Chrome.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi Paul

This is in Brave browser
The anchoring at the top is sorted now - makes it sooo much better, cheers.

Back
Top Bottom