What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flip Out London - Thursday night league

I’ve noticed that You never congratulate Matt Vince when he wins, it’s an ongoing issue you need to resolve :cool:

Congratulations @Matt Vince for winning September's first meet with a RECORD BREAKING, earth shattering, highest ever* score of one thousand points!

Well done Matt!

September Meet 1.png

*We may have changed the scoring system

So I am interested how does the new scoring system work? What is the basis and purpose for the "magical multiplier" applied to the final score, as it varies for each player but does not affect the final position?

It means you now get a proportion of 1000 points no matter how many people play. If two people play in the league they would get 1000 and 500 points respectively, 4 people would be 1000, 750, 5500, 250. It takes away the element of luck of placing highly at an unusually well attended evening. Downside is you can get the same reward of 1000 points for beating 40 players or 20 players.

Instead we could have had a nice simple countdown ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok, that makes sense! Out of interest, is this a Flipout system, or IFPA imposed on all comps?

Ben - Just a flipout system. Time will tell if it catches on anywhere else.

Neil - Every system has it's pros and cons - We avoided a simple countdown, as this would either move the same volatility to the other end of the table (if the top score his high enough that every player scores), or create loads of ties for bottom place (if the countdown reaches zero before the last player). Hopefully this system will give a better measure of players' performance throughout the standings.

Lets see how this works, and if it doesn't, we'll change it again (and add another zero to the end).

Well done Matt! I noticed on the Stall Ball vid that your eyes go funny when you play. Are you an alien savant or something?

**** rubbish c**p score on Space Shuttle though blud..

Ben - Just a flipout system. Time will tell if it catches on anywhere else.

Neil - Every system has it's pros and cons - We avoided a simple countdown, as this would either move the same volatility to the other end of the table (if the top score his high enough that every player scores), or create loads of ties for bottom place (if the countdown reaches zero before the last player). Hopefully this system will give a better measure of players' performance throughout the standings.

Lets see how this works, and if it doesn't, we'll change it again (and add another zero to the end).

true Nick, lets see how this goes.

Congratulations to Mike Parkins, the winner of tonight's league meet!

1568333121860.png

Attachments

• 1568333061281.png
    1568333061281.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom