What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flip Out London - Thursday night league

Can someone explain the format of an individual league meet. I played in it once, but I'm fuzzy. I think it was best game for qualifying, and then top 4 match play across... Three games? Is that right?

Each league meet is 10 games and you are assigned a number of points depending where you finish overall on the night. 1st place is always 1000 points but the positions below are weighted depending on how many people you beat (2nd out of 10 is 900 points, 2nd out of 20 is 950 etc). On the last meet of each month we tally those points (using your best 2 weeks) and hold a finals. Usually 3 four player games unless there are more than 40 players in total in which case the top six qualify with 2 byes at the top. I hope this helps

Cheers Matt. That helps. To be honest I saw the results on ifpa and wondered how you were getting 100% TGP, but of course those are the monthly results I'm looking at. Makes sense now! Ta

Cheers Matt. That helps. To be honest I saw the results on ifpa and wondered how you were getting 100% TGP, but of course those are the monthly results I'm looking at. Makes sense now! Ta

One also need to be scoring consistently across their 10 games. Individual games can be assessed by looking at how you ranked against others. My highest weekly finish in august was 5th out of 20 players and 18th for that month! Thursday just gone was appalling by what I’m capable of! 2nd from bottom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are the standings for September:

1631829205421.png

With 2 weeks still to play and likely 6 qualifiers places in this month's finals are still up for grabs!!

But the top two unlikely to change unless we get a lot of people turning up which in my view isn’t great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Thursday night league finals are changing! We will still use your best two meets of the month for qualifying but now the top 8 players will qualify. The will be three, 4 player ladder matches (5-8, then 3 & 4 join followed by 1st & 2nd) to determine the winner. This will open up the finals to more people and hopefully result in a more diverse set of winners.

Congratulations to Graham Swaffield, Champion of Week 1 October.

While some players relaxed, hoping a 12th place finish would be enough to make the expanded finals format, Graham took no prisoners, didn't have a bad game all night, and finished a comfortable first place.

1633642676521.png

Is Flip Out open tomorrow? Josh has decided he's coming home for the weekend, thought about PlayEXPO but Blackpool is a long drive for the day, so thought we might head round as Dawn's out for the day.

Back
Top Bottom