What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F I V E days of Pinball, including the UK Open

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
My actual head to head record of playing against Andy is very good (not the IFPA who finished higher record when you don't play each over), I don't need any extra help thank you very much. :thumbs:

I do actually care that you would willingly put him in harms way (by suggesting he takes over 10 hours driving in two days - Saturday travelling down and Sunday to go back) to achieve your amazing world famous tournament. That is why I gave him the heads up about the finishing time and that he might wish to have Monday off work.... but hey I'm also worried we'll all turn in to pumpkins! :D

Pete,

I’ve no idea where 96.33% of the folks coming to the event live. Times are published, and I believe in the fact that each individual has a brain and will use common sense (I know there isn’t a lot of that in pinball but I’ve got faith!). But is it possible to drive 5 hours on Saturday morning then play in the evening session qualifiers - yes (although its now sold out !), and everybody qualifies for the finals! I understand there are trains in the north also!

For the record I’m staying locally in Croydon for the whole event because running a multi day 7-1am day lunging pinball machines and pinball players around with the hour drive to Woking doesn’t seem sensible either!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is one place left for the Saturday 14:00 session.
There are nine places left for the Friday 17:00 Qualifying session.

Don't leave it too late!

Cheers,
Neil.

Following folks haven't opened the email, or atleast have fooled mailchimp...

@roadshow16
@Moonraker
@alchy
@cyberkryten

and another 12 folks...

Neil.

I haven’t received the email Neil, I’ve checked my junk, could you please re-send it. I’ve now joined the Facebook group.

So understanding the format I could in theory do an Elwin and arrive on the Sunday morning?

In theory! But you might come across Lucky Ten Ben and end up out in the first round! What you’ve got to ask yourself is do you feel lucky?

It was sent to your Bristol school address do you want me to change it to your other email Craig?

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In theory! But you might come across Lucky Ten Ben and end up out in the first round! What you’ve got to ask yourself is do you feel lucky?

It was sent to your Bristol school address do you want me to change it to your other email Craig?

Neil

Ah, ok that makes sense. It’s half term so I haven’t checked my school email. Cheers mate

well iv sent a request to the air bnb iv used to include the sunday night also, hope they will. coming down friday if only to play social as i hate rushing to get to places and il organise either late start or pref. off monday. then 3 days home before im off to New York followed by Pinburgh.

Andy if you get stuck with accommodation issues let me know and I might have some way to help you.

@Neil McRae - what hotel is good to stay at? Was there any agreed rates with local hotels?

@Nickoss II what time are you about from on the Friday, thinking of getting in about 18:00 - will the club be open?

@Neil McRae - what hotel is good to stay at? Was there any agreed rates with local hotels?

@Nickoss II what time are you about from on the Friday, thinking of getting in about 18:00 - will the club be open?

no. I'm staying at the Hilton Near East Croydon train station as it has parking and room service and I've got the mrs with me.

Now even faster with 5G - I think there's something in the sandwiches

There are four people registered for the league where I know where they live. Sorry but I have a thing for maths.

Paul
Greg
John
Simon.

Neil.

There are four people registered for the league where I know where they live. Sorry but I have a thing for maths.

Paul
Greg
John
Simon.

Neil.

Theres 5 people on that list... And why is Simon and yourself special with a full spot after your name? 😂

9 places left for the UK Open in the Friday qualifying session.
Saturday is now sold out.
Still lots of places for the classics. Remember you can't register on the day for classics, you must pre-register.

Cheers,
Neil.

Back
Top Bottom