What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F I V E days of Pinball, including the UK Open

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Start at 9 and finish around 20:30 - they run this format at Chicago pinball expo and its fantastic. we have a lot less players and lot more games... but yes we want games to not last overly long.

classics finals are in the morning of the Sunday with hopefully the players with byes in the main :D

Neil.

Is there any plans in and around Croydon on the Friday and Saturday night? Now about to try and book my hotels, I will be hungover as anything - but hey ho.

Half 8 on Sunday? Crap, that's late never mind if it over runs, you should ask the UKCS finals guys what they thought about their finishing time....

I think the bigger issue then was they didn't know it would run that late. I'm confident we won't over run.

Neil.

Is there any plans in and around Croydon on the Friday and Saturday night? Now about to try and book my hotels, I will be hungover as anything - but hey ho.

quali runs til 23:30 Friday and 22:30 Saturday :D

Haha @Neil McRae - If I am in the 10:00 group, I don't plan on being there still until 22:30 - plus I would love a curry and a laugh with some beers with some people... if that is a possible go?

I think the bigger issue then was they didn't know it would run that late. I'm confident we won't over run.

Neil.

If it finishes at 8:30 following presentations, etc it'll be 9pm before leaving at the earliest and then you might have a 3 hour journey back home then it's looking like a midnight arrival, if not later. Or much earlier if all the machines are as impossible to play as if sounds like you plan to make them.

Haha @Neil McRae - If I am in the 10:00 group, I don't plan on being there still until 22:30 - plus I would love a curry and a laugh with some beers with some people... if that is a possible go?

lightweight!

I'm sure there will be curry galore!

Half 8 on Sunday? Crap, that's late never mind if it over runs, you should ask the UKCS finals guys what they thought about their finishing time....

Please bear in mind folks.......that @Moonraker Peter still believes to this day that after 10.00pm all pinball players(with no exceptions) turn into pumpkins if discovered flipping after this late hour.........:p

Please bear in mind folks.......that @Moonraker Peter still believes to this day that after 10.00pm all pinball players(with no exceptions) turn into pumpkins if discovered flipping after this late hour.........:p

You're talking to someone who finished one final last year at 3:30 am...!

The spectators and contestants were loving it...

IMG_20180512_032352.jpg

IMG_20180512_020335.jpg

IMG_20180512_032359.jpg

No pumpkins here! :p

Thankfully it was only a 5 min drive back to the hotel... and yes, it's true I did miss the tournament the following day as it was a 9 am start..!

One thing I can promise is that we will be finished LONG before 3am!

I actually think we will be done closer to 7pm.

Cheers,
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the main and hell yes :D but be in the top qualifiers and your day _starts_ at 16:00

Be the bottom qualifier and your day starts at 09:00 and you have to bring me a bacon roll.

Neil.
How many spots are in the top qualifying bracket? I doubt we would all start at 9 am?

All will be revealed and explained at the event.

If my head to head playing ability is as dreadful as TIMSAT tournament then yes! Hoping to display better performance in the solo rounds of the classics

And if @PUP is involved then it might be a 5 hour journey back for him unless he stays over to Monday...
yes i didnt realise it was going to go on that late when i registered, il have to book the sunday night also and the monday off

I don't think anyone did, apart from Neil... would be worse if you didn't have the leave or couldn't get the time off. :rolleyes:

Email went out over a week ago with all the timings, some folks haven't opened the email including Andy! That includes a link to the facebook group which also has the timings listed. The timings are also listed in this thread!

Regards,
Neil.

Actually i did open the email we recieved about 10 days ago but being well organised i had already booked the fri/sat off and the accommodation for fri and sat night assuming it would finish at a similar time to all the other uk open comps i have been to. It was only then though that i was aware it was going to be a much later finish requiring sunday night also as no way im gonna do a 5 hour drive home starting at approx 10pm

Actually i did open the email we recieved about 10 days ago but being well organised i had already booked the fri/sat off and the accommodation for fri and sat night assuming it would finish at a similar time to all the other uk open comps i have been to. It was only then though that i was aware it was going to be a much later finish requiring sunday night also as no way im gonna do a 5 hour drive home starting at approx 10pm

OK Andy thanks for letting me know - Nobody really needs to come on the Friday unless they couldn't make Saturday. The event can be done Saturday and Sunday no problem. Like I said I suspect we will finish earlier than stated but I don't want anyone thinking otherwise incase it runs over for some reason.

You expect Andy to drive 5+ hours to get there on Saturday then play his qualifiers? :cuckoo:

I don’t expect anyone to do anything - but it’s probably the best chance you would have had of beating him!

My actual head to head record of playing against Andy is very good (not the IFPA who finished higher record when you don't play each over), I don't need any extra help thank you very much. :thumbs:

I do actually care that you would willingly put him in harms way (by suggesting he takes over 10 hours driving in two days - Saturday travelling down and Sunday to go back) to achieve your amazing world famous tournament. That is why I gave him the heads up about the finishing time and that he might wish to have Monday off work.... but hey I'm also worried we'll all turn in to pumpkins! :D

Back
Top Bottom