What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F I V E days of Pinball, including the UK Open

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Registration is now Closed. Done, fineto, the end, bedebedebe that’s all folks!

But you can still be a part of the event - we are streaming the whole weekend - https://twitch.Tv/NeolMcRae/ starting Friday at 19:00!

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All, after feedback from many entrants to the the UK Classics, we are pleased to announce a change to the finals format of the Classics to increase the WPPR value.

As before, qualifying will be a best 6 games, with each player having a maximum of 10 entries.

The finals will be the top 12 players. The top 4 players will get a bye to the semi-finals.

Players 5-12 will be split into two groups by qualifying position and will play 3 matchplay rounds. Top two from each group goes through (IFPA Scoring). These players will then meet those who qualified with bye's into two groups with top two players qualifying for a final round.

All games will be chosen at random.

In order to facilitate this, those who qualify for the Classic Finals will need to be at Flipout for 08:00 on the Sunday morning.

Is anyone staying around the Croydon area on the Friday and Saturday evenings? I’m thinking of staying the thurs fri and sat nights as otherwise I would return home on the Friday only to travel back down to Croydon the next day! In addition I might even start my classics qualifying on the Friday evening finishing it off during the Saturday day time.

If anyone fancies getting together during the day on the Friday to do something please let me know since club won’t open it’s doors till 6pm!

I look forward to hearing from you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone staying around the Croydon area on the Friday and Saturday evenings? I’m thinking of staying the thurs fri and sat nights as otherwise I would return home on the Friday only to travel back down to Croydon the next day! In addition I might even start my classics qualifying on the Friday evening finishing it off during the Saturday day time.

If anyone fancies getting together during the day on the Friday to do something please let me know since club won’t open it’s doors till 6pm!

I look forward to hearing from you all!

tumbleweed.gif

..... I’ll see people when I see them no point hanging around Friday night as most people will be focusing on the qualifiers - will have all day Saturday for that!

A week today it all kicks off...

You are used to big things at the biggest and best pinball tournament in the UK - well don’t drop the mic yet!

From Stern in association with Electrocoin we are pleased to announce the Black Knight is joining us for the 5 days of pinball! Watch out tomorrow for our Facebook live stream from Fourpure as we collect the UK Open Beer!

Ha Ha Haa!

19faf85c125df000885fa6760dadbea8.jpg

So can we park at the club tomorrow and Thursday? If not, anyone got suggestions as we're not staying locally.

Are any hotels walkable as still haven't booked one for Saturday night

You are used to big things at the biggest and best pinball tournament in the UK - well don’t drop the mic yet!

From Stern in association with Electrocoin we are pleased to announce the Black Knight is joining us for the 5 days of pinball! Watch out tomorrow for our Facebook live stream from Fourpure as we collect the UK Open Beer!

Ha Ha Haa!

19faf85c125df000885fa6760dadbea8.jpg

That’s super awesome @Neil McRae huge thanks for arranging that! I assume the game will be available to play on Thursday too?

So can we park at the club tomorrow and Thursday? If not, anyone got suggestions as we're not staying locally.

Are any hotels walkable as still haven't booked one for Saturday night

Wednesday is ok, Thursday no as the catering folks are coming.

There is a nice car park near East Croydon. couple of quid from the club in an uber.

Cheers,
Neil.

Good luck all.

Fantastic effort pulling this together. Competitive pinball sure has come a long away from those first league meets back in 2006.

Nice video, even with the rather downbeat depressing music [emoji3]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

It’s invigorating!

London calling and our house didn’t quite give the emotional bond and I only had 20 minutes to do it.

Good luck all.

Fantastic effort pulling this together. Competitive pinball sure has come a long away from those first league meets back in 2006.

Nice video, even with the rather downbeat depressing music [emoji3]

Look forward to seeing you soon! Are you at the club tomorrow night?

After 345 games of pinball played The first day of the Five Days of Pinball - Wednesday's Flip Frenzy competition is over.

Congratulations to @mufcmufc taking the win with 17 wins overall, beating the field by two clear wins.

Second place was @NewForestPinballJr on the same number of wins as third placed Swiss wonderkid Hugo Ritter, but edging ahead with a slightly better win percentage.

@new forest pinball rounded out the trophies in fourth, completing a strong showing from the South West.

Hopefuly everyone has had as great a time as I had.

The provisional results table is below:

RankPlayerGamesWinsWin %age
1Nick Marshall
23​
17​
74%​
2Jack Burden
18​
15​
83%​
3Hugo Ritter
20​
15​
75%​
4Keith Burden
18​
14​
78%​
5Daniel Nowak
20​
13​
65%​
=6Hervé Pierru
17​
12​
71%​
=6Matt Vince
17​
12​
71%​
8Rayne Passmore
18​
11​
61%​
9Archibald Lefèvre
19​
11​
58%​
10Stan Simpson
20​
11​
55%​
11Victor-Francois Machart
21​
11​
52%​
12Cezary Glowala
17​
10​
59%​
=13Martyn Iles
19​
10​
53%​
=13Rodney Comegys
19​
10​
53%​
15Chris Poyntz
16​
9​
56%​
=16Ben Pike
17​
9​
53%​
=16Vin Jauhal
17​
9​
53%​
=18Greg Mott
18​
9​
50%​
=18Nick Hamill
18​
9​
50%​
20Matt Silk
19​
9​
47%​
21Denis Ritter
20​
9​
45%​
22Dan Lewell
21​
9​
43%​
23Wayne Russell
22​
9​
41%​
24David Tucker
15​
8​
53%​
25Sam McCourt
16​
8​
50%​
26Ivan Miles
18​
8​
44%​
27Mike Parkins
19​
8​
42%​
28Tim Thornton
16​
7​
44%​
29Rafal Wasik
17​
7​
41%​
30Punk Stig
18​
7​
39%​
31Kirk Sadler
19​
7​
37%​
32Roy Smith
22​
7​
32%​
=33Alex Berta
20​
6​
30%​
=33Dan Andrews
20​
6​
30%​
35Edina Berta
21​
6​
29%​
36Kate Rothwell-Jackson
18​
5​
28%​
37Josh Iles
18​
2​
11%​

Considering how hard the games were I did well not to finish bottom of the table!

They were set to brutal!

You had to be top of your game to have a fighting chance - which I clearly wasn't last night [emoji3] I think that was the fastest 15 games of pinball I have ever played [emoji23]

Really enjoyed the evening.

Flip Out is such a great venue now - hat tip to all

Back
Top Bottom