What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Energy prices - gone nuts.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Quite nice example of partially cloudy day vs a pure sunny day (would cap out at like 3.8kw at the moment) can see how it spikes higher. B61CCAAB-F169-4CDB-AC47-874DA49BDB29.jpeg

One bug Iv still not fixed and you can also see it here where the system can take like an hour to swap to battery some evenings and other swaps over instantly, not figured this out yet. @Colywobbles do you see this occasionally?

One bug Iv still not fixed and you can also see it here where the system can take like an hour to swap to battery some evenings and other swaps over instantly, not figured this out yet. @Colywobbles do you see this occasionally?

That does seem odd, what are the colours on the graph, at a guess I would say red is the grid feed with positive being out and negative being in, yellow being the solar generation and purple being the demand?

If so it looks like the battery didnt take over until a spike in demand occured.

Dont know if there is a threshold amount the inverter needs to see before kicking over to the battery but most Ive ever seen on my Sofar is about 20 to 30 watts once the solar goes down below my demand before the battery kicks in and import goes down to 0, also sometimes see a delay after switching things off.

You can also see about the 11am mark where demand spiked up a little bit and pulled from the grid becuase the battery hasnt switched fast enough from charging to discharging.

That does seem odd, what are the colours on the graph, at a guess I would say red is the grid feed with positive being out and negative being in, yellow being the solar generation and purple being the demand?

If so it looks like the battery didnt take over until a spike in demand occured.

Dont know if there is a threshold amount the inverter needs to see before kicking over to the battery but most Ive ever seen on my Sofar is about 20 to 30 watts once the solar goes down below my demand before the battery kicks in and import goes down to 0, also sometimes see a delay after switching things off.

You can also see about the 11am mark where demand spiked up a little bit and pulled from the grid becuase the battery hasnt switched fast enough from charging to discharging.
Yup you guessed the colours correctly :)

Yeah i think its some issue with the threshold like you say, unless it sees a big spike in demand it does not swap over correctly sometimes. Its completely random how long it takes (or maybe not random but depending on if a load spike comes along) I have noticed if I am out and it gets dark so solar goes to 0 its not swapped over for 2 hours then suddenly swaps over. But if we are about i guess using some appliance suddenly wakes it up and it swaps over.

Basically want it when if solar cant provide enough power make the difference up with the battery. Ie never touch the grid :)

But but but they said they would never do that. Ditch you smart meter if you still can (yes I know the news item was a thermostat)
Remote shut down from a smart meter, no thanks even if they said they will not do it.

1662633154651.png

Not sure how this works though, as the big boy suppliers will still charge the same amount, we(house holds) just wont pay it, so where does the extra money come from?

EDIT: ah good old Martin Lewis explains LOL (so they still charge stupid prices, we just pay it back over longer period) We seriously need to control our own power and not buy it at the market price. Need to find a way to produce all the power we need our self! and **** THE GLOBAL MAKRET.
1662633439230.png

We need another crisis after this one. Whats next on the agenda? Aliens, Super Flu, Food shortages.

Reactions: DRD
We need another crisis after this one. Whats next on the agenda? Aliens, Super Flu, Food shortages.
My money is on Food shortages LOL

Looks like China economy is about to collapse as well due to the housing market crashing. Prob see more knock on effects from this as well?

Still a ridiculous price rise, 3-4x for a lot of people compared to just over a year ago.

Mine will be 3.6x if i’ve figured out the new unit rate caps correctly.

And the cap will last 2 years but I am unclear if that means they will keep it high to recoup losses or lower it if the markets settle.

Just noticed something else on the Money Saving Expert website. I was waiting for the new per unit prices to be announced before phoning up to cancel my current fixed rate which was a lot lower than the new October Price Cap, but might be higher than the new limited price cap, so just wanted to make sure what the difference was and then I saw this update.

"Those on fixes, can either stay on them, or can leave and switch to the new state subsidised tariffs with no exit penalties. (UPDATE: I'm hearing fixed tariffs will have the same per pound unit rate reduction as variable tariffs (ie, roughly 30% off). So it looks like, unless you fixed at over the new October price cap level, your fix will be cheaper than moving to variable. More to check on this.)"

So for anyone who has fixed on a lower rate than the October price cap you might be best to hold off exiting the fixed rate if like mine you can do it with no exit fee, as you may end up getting an even lower rate.

A lot has already been spent on fusion but it is apparently another 20-30 years away from being an stable energy source for the grid.
The recent success saw it run for such a short time, the next step is getting it to run for sustained periods.

They need to stop running cern, how much electric does that take?

There is only so many portals you can open isn't there?

Putin is the playing the leader they want. There might be worse options in the wings.

I think it's along the lines of he gets paid for every KWh he produces even if he uses them, then gets an extra 4p per KWh for export on top.
The 60p is paid even if it never hits the grid? What sort of magical deal is this lol

I imagine it was the unicorn tariff when solar was in its infancy.

Back
Top Bottom