What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Energy prices - gone nuts.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Be interesting what new products will appear on the market and what products are gonna start really selling, I think LED lighting and electric blanket sales will rocket. it will be like in the pandemic where certain things just went mental and we had all these new products like masks and sanitizers and screens etc... but this time will super energy efficient devices (they say...)

Will be a fair few scams with those plugin boxes that "save you 80%" will sell like cupcakes and do jack **** :(

I think the next big thing will be personal heating devices.

Heated Vest and gloves have been used for years by motorcyclists so will work really well in the home.

I think the next big thing will be personal heating devices.

Heated Vest and gloves have been used for years by motorcyclists so will work really well in the home.
Yup so sellers will find these cheap then just triple the price for a greedy profit then start selling them to vulnerable ppl (pretty much how this world works lol)

I can vouch for the heated blankets. We have a lower room temperature and sit under them. Cheap to run, local vs general heating.

I can vouch for the heated blankets. We have a lower room temperature and sit under them. Cheap to run, local vs general heating.
Yup why heat whole house when only thing that is cold is you! :)

We need lockdown bar heaters!!! Maybe that is the next big mod!!! Can't play no game with a cold lockdown bar.

I’m currently on octopus but waiting till my contract ends.
It will be interesting to see what tomorrow / Friday announcement on max tariffs will bring.

October, winter price cap set at £3549, up from £1971, in April and £1400 last October.
My calculations are kW for electricity will be ~£0.52 and gas ~£0.13. Each supplier can set this and their daily standing charge in a way to meet or be under the cap.

52p electric 15p gas. Where's the SAS & 007 when you need them, Putin needs sorting out, and the big Russian gas tap turning back to fully open.

52p electric 15p gas. Where's the SAS & 007 when you need them, Putin needs sorting out, and the big Russian gas tap turning back to fully open.
Yup

They say its gonna get worse before it gets better £1 a kw could be a reality?
1661501359163.png

Looks like I’ll bite the bullet on this Octopus deal. 2:20 in the morning till 6:30 will perfectly cover the wife’s brekki and top up the car and my battery.

717EE8B5-5B78-4EC1-B731-1379DA08C356.png

gonna be a few pin trades for wood burners coming up!
Looks like I’ll bite the bullet on this Octopus deal. 2:20 in the morning till 6:30 will perfectly cover the wife’s brekki and top up the car and my battery.

View attachment 178767
That is a good deal, I wanted to swap to something like this to charge my battery at night in winter but the site wont let you swap unless you have a ev!!!!

It is important to be honest in all things.

If you need an EV ...

Do you have a friend with an EV ?

Could you formally lease (document it) this EV for a period of time ? Get the electric deal answering all questions honestly.

The period of EV lease might not be that long. But you told no lies ?

Back in stock 5th sept, comes with all cables etc..

Is this something I can just plug in my self or do you need to have it plugged in by a certified installer?
Its a slave battery so I'm assuming you already have the same model master battery and battery/combined solar inverter in which case you can just add it yourself, but be carefull with DC power, even 48v can be harmfull, use thick rubber gloves and eye protection as a precaution.

Its a slave battery so I'm assuming you already have the same model master battery and battery/combined solar inverter in which case you can just add it yourself, but be carefull with DC power, even 48v can be harmfull, use thick rubber gloves and eye protection as a precaution.
Yeah Iv got the 5.8kw master version already.C715459A-8100-40DA-A799-88FC6408FFF0.jpeg

I’m starting a big building project at the end of the month (hopefully if planning is sorted ) turning my bungalow in to a house I’m going for 16 solar panels on the roof 13 kw battery’s all tho I mite add another and ground source heat pump and going crazy with insulation

I’m starting a big building project at the end of the month (hopefully if planning is sorted ) turning my bungalow in to a house I’m going for 16 solar panels on the roof 13 kw battery’s all tho I mite add another and ground source heat pump and going crazy with insulation
Very nice, way prices are going solar is a no brainer these days. I really can’t see it getting better in the next few years either.

Yea all the houses I have been working on lately have all been having solar all tho there is a bit of a shortage on batteries at the moment

Yea all the houses I have been working on lately have all been having solar all tho there is a bit of a shortage on batteries at the moment
Yeah think component shortages are gonna sting us for many years to come China is having all sorts of issues which don’t really hit the papers but is hurting there economy which intern will hurt there production.

Back
Top Bottom