What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elvira 3.

Interested to see how playfield issues mentioned online, like IMDN pan out.
Just been reading about them, and I am going to check mine tonight.

I was waiting for the big reveal of what the castle does at the end of that promo vid. Hope it is better than it looks.
The rest looks really fun. Can't see why they can't do a pro and not include a few things like the right scoop/vuk

My initial reaction was " how come the price has gone up!" Nice looking game but Stern seem to be relying on code than innovation these days. Maybe we have seen all the innovation we can in pinball - Remember 1980 Black Knight - Dual Level, Multiball and magnets! That was innovation!

Watched it - have to say this game looks rocking.

Can’t wait to play it!

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It does look great - the only thing i would have said is that those Elvira cut scenes reaaaally slow down the pace.

Short plunging seems the way to go as well. That kickout from the pops is brutal :D

When I play it dood! Or when you tell me you love it LOL

Watched a bit more of the deadflip reveal. Got to say I’m not feeling the love for this pin. Nowhere near as much fun as SS. Stern really need to use more toys on their pins.

I guess it depends what you mean by toys - but surely EHOH has more that SS?

Junk in the trunk
Haunted house (moving cellar ramp, rotating turret)
Jumping Gargoyles
Deadhead crypt

compares to

Spider spinner
Crate
Stiff in the coffin

To me Theme is a big driver behind parting with my cash 💰 to getting a Pin.
Although this does look well put together, I just ain’t an Elvira fan.
The cut scenes would get well and truly on my t*ts after day 1.
Think they dropped a bollock having Elvira address the player with the same dialogue.... surely they must have known this would be irritatingly repetitive? Unless they were hoping the silicone jugs would be an ear plug distraction 👌
Good luck though to the Elvira fans, I’m sure it will be great as the PF, Art and gameplay look cool 👍

Give it time - In Lyman we trust.

Not sure it was ever going to live up to the hype, but It's a let down in the ramp department after EATPM and SS.

In the stream they mentioned the B movies theme was added after they realised they had access to them. Be interested to hear what the original choice would have been... Hope it turns out well!

I'd have preferred a smaller screen (for dialogue & scoring) down low on the head close to the playfield. I'd like to think backglass toys like the spider would make a come back. I'm probably alone in this.
The repetition in all LCD cut scenes put me off modern games. A DMD display is good enough for Metallica and TWD and that would suit me fine.

I'd have preferred a smaller screen (for dialogue & scoring) down low on the head close to the playfield. I'd like to think backglass toys like the spider would make a come back. I'm probably alone in this.
The repetition in all LCD cut scenes put me off modern games. A DMD display is good enough for Metallica and TWD and that would suit me fine.

The LCD is cheaper than a DMD to install in a game. Plus on the good side - will be cheaper if/when you need to replace it.

I do enjoy the new stern screen personally but looking at the games you own, you prefer older pins to what I do. Simply personal choice at the end of the day.

At the moment, I would prefer a SS rather than this new one. Plus Elvira 1 (that you happily own) is a fantastic game too.

Maybe E3 will grow on me. I think I'd be more tempted with a Munsters if I were going after a new Stern.

Yeah, you're right about the screen being a cheaper option to replace than a DMD! I'll get me a SS at some point, I love that machine!

@mission65 and I played this a lot yesterday and I have to say I love it. The shots are very AFM/MM typical fan layout with some harder than others but this has to be the best stern game for toys in years. Ramp shots are lovely and really pacey - Lots of things move, doors open and close and there is a huge amount of the play field with lights and things to be coded;, lighting of the house and other stuff is epic. The code is early for sure but I can see how its going to become ruleset genius already with some cool linkages between modes and shots. The LE is very nice but premium exactly the same game. Didn't hear a lot of the sound or call outs as its so noisy at expo but can see me picking one of these up at some point once I figure out what's going. The video is quite funny - about the only part I could make out. I think this is going to be a very popular game...

Last edited by a moderator:
@mission65 and I played this a lot yesterday and I have to say I love it. The shots are very AFM/MM typical fan layout with some harder than others but this has to be the best stern game for toys in years. Ramp shots are lovely and really pacey - Lots of things move, doors open and close and there is a huge amount of the play field with lights and things to be coded;, lighting of the house and other stuff is epic. The code is early for sure but I can see how its going to become ruleset genius already with some cool linkages between modes and shots. The LE is very nice but premium exactly the same game. Didn't hear a lot of the sound or call outs as its so noisy at expo but can see me picking one of these up at some point once I figure out what's going. The video is quite funny - about the only part I could make out. I think this is going to be a very popular game...

How varied are the movie intro clips ? As the same clip with Elvira each time is going to get old pretty fast. Better toys than the bk on sor??

Back
Top Bottom