What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elvira 3.

I do like the look of it. Plenty of toys. Nothing like the Boney beast ramp on SS. Which is good. Was worried they’d just copy and paste SS..

Looks a bit empty in the middle with all ramps and toys pushed back to edges. Also is the house out of despicable me?? 😂

The artwork is gorgeous I'll give them that, but looks like yet another super boring layout with Sterns classic straight down side most simple and uninspiring ramps. JP looks exciting and the shots look interesting, but not this. 😩

And lo Stern announce a new pin and everyone forgets or doesn't care about clearcoat-gate.

Needs more inserts on the playfield, it's a bit barren and far too gothic for Elvira.

Your joking. Nothing would change price point at 2.4 US dollars to the £ . Stern would just increase prices for export to compensate and blame ‘market forces’. We will never get ‘cheap’ games
Too true. I'm sure JJP would be happy to stay the same. They need the business haha

I was expecting to see a lot more on the playfield. But hey, lets face it - some of the greatest games have an open playfield. SS is a great fun game, one your friends can play without going into rulesets etc. I call it the drunks fave game! :) - it is fun and quite easy (yes me saying that - probably one of the worst players who post on here!).

As with all games, I wait for them to come out - then play it. Then make my own mind up. Recently been disappointed with wonka but impressed with Maiden and BK3000 which I did not think I would of been. It is all personal taste.

The designer has done some great games - Party Zone, White water, Black water 100 - but has also had some not so good moments.... like Wheel of Fortune....

I did comment on @Wayne J 's post on facebook earlier that I had no idea what they could remove on the pro version, but I was told no pro versions will be made. By the way Wayne you still owe me for McDs.... :)

Do not think I would be bothered about the 'clearcoat' issues on a stern as let's face it - they always look after customers.

Aye. This seems to be the way it's going to be from now on. No Pro is an interesting decision.

Is that really the best main cab decal they could come up with for the Premium? If that was a Pro fair enough but a Premium?
That versus Alice Cooper - Jeezus

Aye. This seems to be the way it's going to be from now on. No Pro is an interesting decision.

This is a Studio release isn’t it, not a cornerstone (pro, Prem, le) release?

With BM66 I understood the PREM, LE, SLE structure was implemented due to the high cost of the licence and Stern couldn’t possibly loose out a little on their massive profit margin, but I can’t see how the cost of licensing Elvira is anywhere near the cost of licensing BM66.

Simply not aimed at general arcade or HUO market - this is a collectors pin. Volume must be coming in from JP, so when it’s a Lyman game, you have to pay for it. His last outing was BM66 wasn’t it?

but I can’t see how the cost of licensing Elvira is anywhere near the cost of licensing BM66.
Agree, I think the guys at Stern have really done their homework and aiming this Pin at the home collectors rather than operators. They know they will maximise their profit on a C rated actress with big t**s that guys still drool over from the 80s, especially in the USA, pin heads with pockets loads of cash who are bored with their housewives or divorced and recapturing their youth 😃

Agree, I think the guys at Stern have really done their homework and aiming this Pin at the home collectors rather than operators. They know they will maximise their profit on a C rated actress with big t**s that guys still drool over from the 80s, especially in the USA, pin heads with pockets loads of cash who are bored with their housewives or divorced and recapturing their youth 😃

Sorry, but she has a lot of younger fans as evidenced by the many appearances she does at conventions. When she was over here a couple of years ago for a convention appearance the queue was massive and it wasn't full of old people....

I do get the point though that this is aimed at fans that have a lot of disposable income. Shame really as it looks good so far.

Back
Top Bottom