What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electric Circus Update - excuse the LONG post

Are you open on 29th, Steve? We have some childcare and would like to come before it closes 😢

Sorry to hear this Steve, visited your place when I was first getting into pinball and looking at making my first purchase. Was a great selection of well maintained games and great memories of the drive back up to Barnsley with my lad in the mustang through some country roads in the summer just as the sun was setting.

Thank you so much Steve and team at electric circus. I will certainly try and make it over before the 30th. I am so sorry, you managed something amazing through the toughest of years and I hope this period of change will have new things good that will come out of it. Keep the community up to date and let us know what else we can do to help?

Extremely sad to read this, especially as I didn't manage to visit again since covid threw my life routine upside down (and since then have been combo punched in the gut by life in other ways.)

I wish I could promise to come and visit for the last time here, but I'll have only just cremated my father this Friday. Aside from the logistics of being the only driver in a house of 4 that includes a wheelchair-using mother who has been inconsolable since that decidedly **** day for the family this month, I'm not sure I'll be in the head space to see off something else so soon.

Really, really sorry that I never made time to visit the last few years while I could, and my sincere condolences to Courtney and to Steve. I know at least a little bit of what went into the place and what is lost.

Very sad to hear this news. I'm only just getting into the hobby and have only been to Electric Circus a few times but it was always a very welcoming place to come for me and my family. My last visit was a few weeks ago with my 2 young kids. I had brief chat with you Steve about how amazing I thought your place was and how mesmerised my kids were with all of the pinball machines, lights and sounds. We stayed for a few hours and played lots of the more modern machines (I'd planed to leave the classics until another visit minus the kids). You were very warm, welcoming and kind enough to ask my kids if they were having fun and enjoying themselves whilst they were desperately trying to exchange some £1 coins for some more 50ps from you!

Having heard this news, we will make sure our next visit is before you close and plan to come along this Saturday for a couple of hours with the kids to have one last play on as many machines as possible.

All the best with you future ventures and really hope your health improves.

Shocked and saddened to read this, hope everything works out in the end and I’m sure it will 😃
We only got over the once with all the family and we loved it 🤙🏻
I would personally like to thank you for having some of the classics to play while I was there, I’ll not forget them all they were incredible. Fathom being my favourite of the bunch. So many to choose from

ive managed to hang on to all the classic games (pre 1985) apart from Andromeda which I got a very good price for. I was very worried about the backglass having an accident. At least the others have replacements available. Everything now has a home lined up. Apart from the highest earning machine in the arcade - the air hockey table

I took a final trip to The Electric Circus last weekend as I wasn't available this weekend to visit.

I took a few quick shots on my phone to document the place and thought why not make a little video? Just as a small thanks to Steve & Team for everything over the last 4 years. Hope you all enjoy and can revisit it from time to time for the memories:

Sorry to hear this Steve.

you should have said at EAG

I myself had close to the same issues more than once but you need to evolve more and quicker to keep ahead and peeps coming in.
Noticed when we visited last year some of the mistakes I made but fixed them in time. It's not an easy game to run an arcade with mostly pins and very few arcades/ beer As lots never played pinball in their youth.
you got to mix it up mate and it really does matter about location location location.

Best of luck in your next venture and we can have a chat at pinfest

SO...

5 years ago today I signed the lease on Fife Street. Brushing over (LOL) Covid, Brexit, Cost of Living crisis, Energy hike etc etc , the lease would have ended today and was not extendable as the owners always intended to apply for planning for housing. So in the best case scenario we would have been on the hunt for new premises long before now. And as the guys down south can attest , its not an easy task. As it panned out , Courtney purchased the building but the interest rate and electric hike made it completely unviable. Overheads in last month were SIX times the opening one. For what its worth, the pinball takings were steady from 6 months in until the week we closed. Everything else sort of dropped off a cliff. Best weeks were Halloween each year and worst weeks Mother Day weekends. Sundays with NO customers at ALL

Thanks for those who supported us - the record breaking tournaments and the friendly league

Public pinball isnt easy. Please support your venues!!

two charts. Best earning games but be aware not every game was there for same amount of time. But long live king Godzilla! There were 15 games that never took coins so around 150 machines came through in total

and the FB demographic sort of states what we know. And not what a lot of Nuneaton folks said - ooh its nice to provide something for "kids"!!

ec most popular.pngec demographic.PNG

Back
Top Bottom