What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted! I had second bid at £1600. Got sniped in the dying seconds.

Was that your bid at the top? Seems there was only one bid at £1600?

pin1.png

Original had a few runs.

A HUO original spider-man perhaps has a few hundred more plays than a HUO VE.

The only real difference on the VE is the backbox the rest is identical.

Neil.
I'd be surprised if that Spiderman VE on The Bay goes for less than 4.5 Neil , it is a beautiful machine , I really love Stern's Spiderman , absolute modern classic

Im sure the wrecked one will sell well. People seem to prefer projects.

How true, seems some folk don't factor in the price of parts then value their time as FOC!

@steve brum By the way, very kind of you to donate 10 of your machines to a UK trip, I went to Blackpool, would of been gutted if there were no pins there!

Chris.

These are commercial events but are becoming less viable as l have to pay folk to do stuff l cant do myself anymore like set games up and down.

Dunno, it would be interesting to see a demographic on the ages of people buying pins. I'd be surprised if people buying non DMD games were under 40 say. The stuff from the 70's and 80's (and earlier) would be bought by people in the 40's and 50's onward, I'd have thought.

I half considered that SBM and the EBD that ended yesterday as those I remember from Arcades as a kid. Should I have chased that Eight Ball Deluxe? Probably. Still, you can't own them all!
Just trawling through posts in my hotel room working away from home, thought I would add my ten penith here. Makes me wonder if people my age are amongst some of the youngest buying pins, I am 47 (I think). I guess then as the older ones pop their clogs more pins are freed up, less people buying them then cheaper pins?

Just trawling through posts in my hotel room working away from home, thought I would add my ten penith here. Makes me wonder if people my age are amongst some of the youngest buying pins, I am 47 (I think). I guess then as the older ones pop their clogs more pins are freed up, less people buying them then cheaper pins?
I'm 35 so I guess I'm pretty young. Although my memories of pinball are more sega pins as that was when I spent most time in the arcades. I have a preference for alpha numeric games. Don't get me wrong, I would love a deadpool but with a young family, my gaming time is about an 1or two a week. Alpha games, imo, just give you pure fun. None of this silly video modes that early dmd games are cursed with.

I think more younger people would be interested in Alpha games if the prices had stayed lower. When a game like Earthshaker is worth about 1.5k(a great game) but you can get a Fishtales or Getaway for a few hundred more, then folk will always go newer.

Was the white water that bad? Did you see it? I requested and got some pics, me and Ben were thinking of going half’s on it if we could get it for say 1k, because no idea how much would need doing to it. Clearly had boards in it and a bit split on the corner of the cabinet and the saver post, but no idea how much time/effort would be needed to get it nice again. Expect £1000 again at most @CHRIS B PINBALLS

Loud too by the sounds of things. I suppose they weren't aiming for subtle with the triple sirens!

Just been looking into F14 as there was one up on gumtree and don't really know much about it. Good game @PBrookfield ?
Very tough game, great theming but very shallow if you don't get much of your pinball replay value from trying to master the game - which is extremely tough to do on F14.

But if it says anything, nobody else wants to play it at my house as it's too bloody hard. Granted, nobody that could play mine could be called pinheads, but I know for a fact that my wife will be very pleased if I ever get an easier game...

Was the white water that bad? Did you see it? I requested and got some pics, me and Ben were thinking of going half’s on it if we could get it for say 1k, because no idea how much would need doing to it. Clearly had boards in it and a bit split on the corner of the cabinet and the saver post, but no idea how much time/effort would be needed to get it nice again. Expect £1000 again at most @CHRIS B PINBALLS
1 hr more than me at the moment 😜

See the NGG is back on ebay at buy now, 600 quid higher than the winning bid last time.

edit: it's now gone unlisted :(

Last edited:
Theres a sttng on gumtree in croydon for 1500 only a couple of pics might be worth having a look if your close

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Turn up tomorrow with cash for any chance of that STTNG. The guy will now be besieged by folk desperate to buy it...

[Play Feed Frenzy music from FT]

Good luck pal

Alas there's no reply mate.

I had the batmobile ready and a sack full of loot but it's radio silence.

Funnily enough I'm due to drive to Bristol next week to look at one. I have space for three pins and that's certainly on my wish list.

it is sat night m8 might be on the lash, it's worth a try m8 [emoji3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom