What's new

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry @AndyB53 - I bought this up - my fault for fanning the flames. I do think it’s well over priced though.

Why does everyone want to fight these days? I always find its the mouthy Jack Russell types that end up getting sat down fairly quickly. There’s just no need for it. Trust me. This community wouldn’t stand for it.

Pmsl
We in the NE of England use the term fondly as a young kid, child, sibling
Especially if like many in the NE back in the day if you really were shy you really didn’t get owt (anything) as there was little or no money to waste back then. (I’m 58 BTW)
See a sweet on the ground and it was a race to see who could pick it up 1st. The older community are a hardy lot up north and we will probably outlive cockroaches in a nuclear war.
No need for antibiotics in my household.
Recently a lady asked “excuse me is that your little boy as he picking sweets up and eating them” I said hold on that’s not on so I shouted him over and said “how come you not sharing with your dad” needless to say I got some response about what if he pick up tablets and eats them.
OMG the PC brigade is off again.
Anyhoo that’s what Bairns means I got a little sidetracked

Col

Comes from old norse, Barn - Child.

I blame the Brexit debate.

Dishonesty and disrespect all too common nowadays.

Disrespect is due to none of them getting a crack and knowing right from wrong.

Reactions: JMP
Not sure where the comment that "i'm constantly making bitchy childish comments to many members" the only person I have an issue with its Andy and I have a very good reason for that issue.

End of, I will leave it now.

Disrespect is due to none of them getting a crack and knowing right from wrong.
Urge...to miss the point and reply to this... rising.... arrrrghhh...

I'll settle for just disagreeing that it's impossible to teach respect without a physical punishment.

...Emotional punishments work far better.

I hope that works out for you when you threaten to take their phones off a gang of youths that threaten you with violence.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JMP
I hope that works out for you when you threaten to take their phones off a gang of youths that threaten you with vioence.
I was aiming at the 'parental guidance' goalposts, but I guess they've moved.

In that case you've got the wrong guy - I'm a big supporter of physical self-defense. My view is simply that we wouldn't need as much physical defense if, magically, everyone was raised with great parents and a great home life with community support and social safety nets.

In the mean time, with the real world that we have - I'm no fan of appeasement.

Just like anything in the world, the most awesome of things (pinball machines) breeds both the best and the worst in people. Depends on what you focus on I guess.

You should see some bmw forums out there. God forbid you ever put an 'm' badge on anything other than an 'm' car. Haha.

…… couldn't get to Pinfest after all, forgetting he had 'that' holiday. :rofl:
Not that it is any of your business, As it happens my Wife surprised me for my Birthday. I knew 9 days before (just in time to get a malaria jab) . Trust me I would love to have a "talk" with James and am sure out path will cross at some point.

How was your holiday in The Maldives, @AndyB53 ? I'll get there one day.

No pinball is nicer than my Star Trek LE. So there!
It was a birthday surprise from my wife. Absolutely 100% Fabulous only downsides were the cost, (when I found out I could have bought 4 or 5 decent pins for it), an 11.5 hr flight to Male Airport then another 30 min seaplane to Milaidhoo Island. but then 18 days on a bungalow on stilts in the Indian Ocean No mobile, internet (you could have but said No) True Paradise that will be gone within the next 100 years as the Ocean level rises

Not that it is any of your business, As it happens my Wife surprised me for my Birthday. I knew 9 days before (just in time to get a malaria jab) . Trust me I would love to have a "talk" with James and am sure out path will cross at some point.

I wouldn't conversation gets a little thin with @James after the first 5 minutes 😂

It was more the sizing up with Big Phil ;) Anyway, Maldives.... nice.

I tend to adopt a Mexican viewpoint re. badges, i.e. "we don' need no steenkeeng baadgees"

I'll take my Dads mantra. "You don't look at the mantlepiece when poking the fire, son". I thought he was on about pins with faded cabs, but no, he was describing fat birds eating toffee apples at a local fair. Hahhaah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom