What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
See that HH is back on the bay, did anyone here buy it the first time round - is it totally fooked?

I asked the seller and he reckons the winner withdrew for personal reasons... In other words his mate was bidding on it to jack up the price and won by accident...

He said he offered it to second person but they declined...

HH is unlikely to be an easy game to sell in the UK. To start with, few folk will even entertain owning a Gottlieb. On top of this general aversion, Haunted House looks extremely complicated in terms of maintenance as well.

HH is unlikely to be an easy game to sell in the UK. To start with, few folk will even entertain owning a Gottlieb. On top of this general aversion, Haunted House looks extremely complicated in terms of maintenance as well.

Where do I bid... :p

How are you finding Genie @DRD - does it have MB?

Really nice TZ topper on eBay. Apparently limited edition, but good Lord just look at the current bidding on it...

I was going to go up to about $700, against my better judgement, but it has gone nuts.

I asked the sell of the hh how much he wanted for it as soon as it came on the first time as he is 2mins away but he wanted to let the auction run which is fair enough and I would not have paid anything like what it went for there has been 2 really nice ones on here the last 2 months with little interest so you would be mad to pay over 1k for it

There's a HH in Germany for £2.2k on the bay. Always fancied one but just as trophy machine to remind me I was into pinball and not girls at 15!

I asked the sell of the hh how much he wanted for it as soon as it came on the first time as he is 2mins away but he wanted to let the auction run which is fair enough and I would not have paid anything like what it went for there has been 2 really nice ones on here the last 2 months with little interest so you would be mad to pay over 1k for it

Cheers Chris, strange he rejected a cash offer from close by... I was thinking about £800-900 as a little project but know nothing about Gottlieb games, might be better off giving it a miss.

I sold a HH about five years ago for £1400 to a guy that had it as his favourite game pretty sure Matt Adams paid 2k ish for one from poi on here that then recently sold for pretty much that ... don’t know where your getting sub 1k prices from ...

I sold a HH about five years ago for £1400 to a guy that had it as his favourite game pretty sure Matt Adams paid 2k ish for one from poi on here that then recently sold for pretty much that ... don’t know where your getting sub 1k prices from ...
I think the one being talked about at low price was a total project

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

@James

I think that Genie is a great game for its era. Single ball. Gorgeous art. Great variety of shots. Very good mini playfield (not a gimmick like so many). Quite a strategic game too for a pre speech SS

The issue with Gottliebs is that they are rare in the UK. To get spares you are looking at USA or Europe for virtually everything. As they are rare, not many folk know anything about them. There is a reasonable list of folk in the UK who will fix Bally, Stern and Williams games of this era at reasonable cost. Or geeks who will do it for free.

Buying a dead, early SS Gottlieb is another story. It would doubtless sell better in France.

Seen the NASCAR myself, looks a cheap machine, the apron would do my head in, I'd have to replace that

I think looking again at photo it's just a plastic attached to the side of the apron , rather than the apron itself.... as it's a slightly weird design with the extra racetrack thingy.

EDIT - def just a plastic. Replaceable.

I played NASCAR a lot as a kid at the local pool hall, it's a fun game from what I remember of it. I have fond memories of playing it for the first time and thinking the balls were always getting stuck when the machine shot them around the track around the playfield. Definitely worth a shot for £1500 in my opinion!

Is the Scared Stiff on the bay someone from the forum? Im interested but don't know enough about the machine the sellers spelling worries me.

Is the Scared Stiff on the bay someone from the forum? Im interested but don't know enough about the machine the sellers spelling worries me.

He isn’t on the forum but I bought an afm from him the middle of last year. His name is Chris and he was straight forward to deal with. Give him a call if you have doubts. If his number isn’t on the listing pm me I should have it somewhere

Yes that's right, warehouse game not working. Also not sure if it's totally complete, boards undamaged, etc.
he says in the ad it wont power up - the back box is totally dissconected - im not suprised it does ( unkless electricity has found a way of jumping )

The Dolly guy has risen from relative obscurity and is now in the running for the highly coveted "eBay - master of pinball machine selling award"

The bidder list smells a bit. Well, it smells a lot actually. How many zero feedback buyers are in the market for a Dolly ?...

Screenshot_20190518-194208_eBay.jpg

Stiff competition from the "we all know what it's worth guy" and the "I am the second best pinball restorer in the UK" guy flogging the Gottlieb whatever it was.

Worth trying to get all three on the stage at Daventry. I predict a mic drop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom