What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courtney Blush

Never enough space.
Alias
Courtney
As per my post last year, makes sense to do the same again. It's all ready for 2018 now! Damn these years fly by...

"Time to have a new thread to discuss all our favourite auctions from our favourite auction site. The original idea behind this thread was to stop people bidding against each other on wanted items where possible, but feel free to discuss/ridicule/be enraged :D" @mufcmufc

Last years thread can be found here : http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/ebay-auctions-2017.35282/

Ok i'll kick off then. I had 3 boards on ebay as they offered me £1 final selling fee. 10 days,fixed price,no offers. Guy makes me an offer via ebay??? It appears if your items don't sell within x days ebay help you by altering your ad to accept offers. Wtf ebay. Keep out of my listings or ask me first.

Here's some easy to copy posts for starters....

Have you seen this XXXX going for XXXX, madness
Look at this bag of sh?te
Worst description ever
Scammer alert
Couldn't even take a decent picture
Sorry mate, we are based in the U.K.
I paid £100 for one of these 1/2/3/4/5/6 years ago
This is a for sale thread, not how much is it worth
I'd buy this if I had the money
Dam, not enough space
Flintstones for sale
Pictures please
PM sent
TAF wanted
MMR for sale
Cash on collection
Fuc! Of!
Sys 11 usual playfield wear
Probably an easy fix

Hope this helps everyone!!

Worst description ever
Scammer alert
Dam, not enough space
Flintstones for sale
Pictures please
PM sent
TAF wanted
MMR for sale
Cash on collection
Fuc! Of!
Probably an easy fix

Pretty on the ball there. I'l come back next year.

Worst description ever
Scammer alert
Dam, not enough space
Flintstones for sale
Pictures please
PM sent
TAF wanted
MMR for sale
Cash on collection
Fuc! Of!
Probably an easy fix

You forgot
r@re
And proberbly just a fuse :)

Another day another TAF on eBay

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bally-Williams-The-Addams-Family-Pinball-Machine-Gold-Roms/173049158350

Photos from 2016 (unless clock is wrong) and credit dot, but apparently "in full working order, no error codes and all features and switches working as they should"

To be fair at least this one has a decent description, but it still confuses me how anyone who knows anything about pins would list something with a credit dot showing if it isn't currently faulty.

I guess as said before with TAF people don't even have to try.

(ps. Merry Christmas everyone!)

Ok i'll kick off then. I had 3 boards on ebay as they offered me £1 final selling fee. 10 days,fixed price,no offers. Guy makes me an offer via ebay??? It appears if your items don't sell within x days ebay help you by altering your ad to accept offers. Wtf ebay. Keep out of my listings or ask me first.

Yes, this is incredibly irritating especially if you have a lot of items listed. Really ****ing annoying.

eBay generally is a p*** take - 10% final value fees, plus whatever extras, is just greedy.

Yeah its not brilliant but a lot better than Amazon who take a whopping 30%!!! EBay do seem to be getting desperate lately with all the spammy notifications etc

I pretty much don't bother selling anything on eBay anymore outside of the "Final Value fees only £1" promos they do, which of late have been pretty regular (that says something I'm sure). It's not just their 10% either, you've got PayPal taking a cut on top, etc.

It's great if you're having a clearout though. I've sold £900 worth of junk I had lying around the house this month so I can't complain too much. Probably would have got £200 for it all at a car boot sale.

Do they still do "Barn Find" ?

There is a section, but much of it is overpriced.

Not to mention there is sooooo much from China nowadays it's hard to find stuff from UK buyers. eBay is getting progressively worse by the week. I got banned for a week for giving my phone number to a seller. Stupid as it's difficult to find someone's house when it's dark this time of year so good to have a number to call.

Descriptions also getting comical. Search on vintage or antique! People are selling Dowe Egbert coffee jars as 'antique'

Gumtree is much better, but now it's owned by eBay it's only a meter of time before it goes the same way...

This has come up on Facebook Marketplace, seems genuine.
Screenshot_2017-12-27-17-39-44.png

There was another for sale last year I think. Looks like fun but not as good gameplay as others from that era.

There was another for sale last year I think. Looks like fun but not as good gameplay as others from that era.

I love the artwork on that game but like you say, doesn't look to be a whole lot to shoot for compared to some of the other classic Sterns :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom