What's new

EBay auctions 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balley elektra £50 start says it's working what's one worth?
i.ebayimg.com_images_g_Cn0AAOSwPCVX5QM1_s_l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Bally pinball machine
The eBay Elektra finished at £806.70

Hey chaps. Looking to buy my first pin. Is Ebay a disaster for this? It's tricky to know where to look for the best. I'm after a Baywatch, Bram Stokers Dracula or maybe a Demolition Man. Something along those lines. I have only a basic knowledge of the internals and so needs something that is serviced and ready to go. What sort of money would you expect those machines to go for. Any tips for a first time buyer? Cheers for any replies

Easy, buy from here, that way you'll be told what your buying and not what you want to hear, also real prices on here and not on ebay or other places you'll find on the Web.

You could put a wanted ad on here. Or go to Manchester this weekend and see what's for sale that way you can try before you buy.

Dracula is a bit unforgiving in my view so it's not something i'd gravitate towards as a first machine. But yeah, Baywatch and Demo Man are both good fun. If I had to choose one over the other then i'd go for a Baywatch.

Price-wise i'd say the Demo Man is bottom of the price list as it's a Data East table. I'd say probable somewhere just under the £1k mark for one in working order. Baywatch is then probably a little higher in price but again a lot depends on condition.

And at the top of the price list would be BSD. A nice one of those nowadays is probably anywhere between £1600 and £2500 depending on just how nice it is.

I have to add the note that i've not been keeping quite so up to date on prices lately but i'm sure the other guys will chime in and point out if i'm way off on pricings. ;-)

Cheers guys. I do fancy a Baywatch as I remember it from when I was a kid. There's a guy on Ebay with one for £2500 which by the sounds of things is a little excessive (to be polite!). I shall post a wanted ad on here and see what people come back with. I had planned Manchester this weekend but annoying grown up things have got in the way

Yeah, £2500 for a Baywatch is a bit steep.

If it's the one i've seen on eBay then the guy makes a big deal about them selling for £5k+ elsewhere. That may be true but he's probably talking about if you bought from the likes of Home Leisure Depot in which case you'd expect to be paying well over the odds.

If I was in the market for a Baywatch then i'd be looking at paying something in the region of £1300-£1800 depending on condition. But as always a machine is worth what the market will stand so no surprises if you see eBay auctions finishing higher than that.

And keep in mind that shill bidding isn't as rare as you might think ;-)

Yeah that's the guy. Says it goes for 5k elsewhere etc. He has a 'Best Offer' option. He might find a £1500 offer disingenuous I'd guess. Still, maybe if I can't find one elsewhere I'll try my luck!

Price-wise i'd say the Demo Man is bottom of the price list as it's a Data East table.

Data East bottom of the pile these days? You need to play a Torpedo Alley ! It's a Williams game BTW, lot of game for the money.

BTW, Dracula is leagues ahead when it comes to fun and longevity. Being tough keeps you going back. ;)

Data East bottom of the pile these days? You need to play a Torpedo Alley ! It's a Williams game BTW, lot of game for the money.

BTW, Dracula is leagues ahead when it comes to fun and longevity. Being tough keeps you going back. ;)
DE games def getting a lot more attention and respect these days. Quite a few titles will cost you considerably more than the cheaper Williams 90s games.

Torpedo Alley, Rocky & Bullwinckle & Time Machine have the best of the DE sound crew. Some other DE's are BAD, sound awful, Hook being the biggest sounding poop of them all.

Hey chaps. Looking to buy my first pin. Is Ebay a disaster for this? It's tricky to know where to look for the best. I'm after a Baywatch, Bram Stokers Dracula or maybe a Demolition Man. Something along those lines. I have only a basic knowledge of the internals and so needs something that is serviced and ready to go. What sort of money would you expect those machines to go for. Any tips for a first time buyer? Cheers for any replies

I bought my first pin off eBay and have no regrets. I'd certainly buy another off eBay for the right price. But you are definitely better off buying one from someone here. Ebay prices tend to be higher due to the 10% eBay take...but £2500 for a Baywatch is insane quite frankly, and if he's telling you they go for 5K elsewhere then he is nothing short of a liar and should be avoided. Dracula is definitely a tough game and very unforgiving/frustrating but man, the audio is awesome.

I bought my first pin off eBay and have no regrets. I'd certainly buy another off eBay for the right price. But you are definitely better off buying one from someone here. Ebay prices tend to be higher due to the 10% eBay take...but £2500 for a Baywatch is insane quite frankly, and if he's telling you they go for 5K elsewhere then he is nothing short of a liar and should be avoided. Dracula is definitely a tough game and very unforgiving/frustrating but man, the audio is awesome.

Agree. Not everything on ebay is a basket case game, or a conman seller , in fact many folk on here often sell pins on ebay too...HOWEVER .....if you are new to the pin game then you wont have as good an idea about what constitutes good/poor condition, game specific things to look for, what sales patter to ignore, a fair price etc etc so an element of luck can come into it.

Agree. Not everything on ebay is a basket case game, or a conman seller , in fact many folk on here often sell pins on ebay too...HOWEVER .....if you are new to the pin game then you wont have as good an idea about what constitutes good/poor condition, game specific things to look for, what sales patter to ignore, a fair price etc etc so an element of luck can come into it.

Luck definitely comes into it. You are essentially paying 2nd hand car money for a complex piece of engineering that you have not had the chance to examine in person. Do your research and ask the right questions. Offer a figure much lower than you think the seller will accept. I must admit I did nearly get my fingers burned on an eBay Tommy that I would have massively regretted going through with. Anything over a grand I would now want to thoroughly check over in person before committing to.

Hi huggers...(no idea of your real name!)
We have a BAYWATCH coming up for sell shortly. (Just giving it a service, new trough opto's, needs a trough switch too ...clean and polish then it's ready to go!) BAYWATCH is one of the deeper ruleset SEGA's and will take you an age to complete, particularly the earthquake and tourist modes! Ask anyone. Great game. Will be appearing in the for sale section of the forum relatively soon. Watch this space. Cheers Keith.:thumbs: Oh and hello and welcome .....

Last edited:
Mm on ebay alert.
I'll be bidding but i suspect it won't last the auction. I'd love one.

Seller is genuine. I offered 5k and was told close. 5.5 would grab it and judging by pics would be a fair price but I'd get in quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom