What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress DOMINO ARCADE Legend’s of Pinball

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I was gonna say Williams space station (1987) but that doesn’t fit your pre 1985, so what about Williams space shuttle December 1984?

Some great lists already. Pretty much think Craig's list (plus EBD) is spot on for competition games.

One thing before you order the neon though... There's no apostrophe in "Legends of pinball" 👍 (apostrophe broadly means 'belonging to'. Remember this and you'll hardly ever make mistakes with apostrophes)

Some great lists already. Pretty much think Craig's list (plus EBD) is spot on for competition games.

One thing before you order the neon though... There's no apostrophe in "Legends of pinball" [emoji106]

We are just kicking the tyres on the apostrophe now - I actually think there is one after the s though:

So there are many legends and they all belong to pinball thus:

Legends’ of Pinball

But probably the right way of saying that would
Pinballs’ Legends

With or without me thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was gonna say Williams space station (1987) but that doesn’t fit your pre 1985, so what about Williams space shuttle December 1984?

Tony indeed. Although space station - I could bend the rules for that.

We are just kicking the tyres on the apostrophe now - I actually think there is one after the s though:

So there are many legends and they all belong to pinball thus:

Legends’ of Pinball

But probably the right way of saying that would
Pinballs’ Legends

With or without me thinks.

Legends is a plural noun. You don't need an apostrophe anywhere, unless you're trying to indicate ownership (something the legends owns), and I can't think of an example where you would do that.

"Pinballs' Legends" is acceptable (though a bit clunky imho. Double plural ugh 🤣)

Last edited:
Fathom
8BD
Black Jack
Dolly Parton
Centaur
Spanish Eyes
Xs & Os
Joker Poker
Black Hole
Fireball II
Defender

And as much as I hate them, you need a couple of games with scissor flippers

Will be absolutely superb Neil. As much of a museum as an arcade. So maybe get some curios. These late 70s and early 80s games were designed to be individual, beautiful and catch your eye in a large line up.

I am a Bally fan. The first gen SS were chimers. Then basic sound cards. Then speech and often multiball. Post 1982 cost cutting ruined them

Paragon just hits the spot. Basic sound, no background music. Single ball. It has a purity and requires absolute discipline

Fathom the prettiest game of all time. A must have imho

Centaur is the best playing Bally SS I know and has truly fantastic rules. So many different ways to get a multiball. Most iconic sound of an 80s arcade? Another must have imho

Left field but Gottlieb did some interesting stuff with awesome art. My Genie is stunning and an absolute beast, even bigger PF than the mighty Paragon. Very early use of mini pf. Weird flipper and shots like Gottlieb did.

Widebody Gottliebs and Ballys can be very slow

This sounds awesome. For me it would have to include:

Eightball Deluxe
Fathom
Fireball
Gorgar
If you can bend the rules to 86 and earlier I would add High Speed and Pinbot.

I’ve played fathom a lot and other than it making me wander about shouting fathom I don’t really get excited by it.

86 is a no go zone really- in my mind it’s the start of the WPC era - High Speed is an epic game but it’s in the same batch as BoP for me. I know many orgs have it as a classic and we used it as a classic in the UK Open but more out of desperation for machines working than anything else :)

Neil.

Guys, you've got it all wrong, I think what Neil is really looking for (he's just not realised it yet) is to create a location to house the legends of Gottlieb!

Rock
El Dorado city of gold
Alien Star
Krull
Spirit
Devils Dare
Black Hole
Haunted House
Pink Panther
Panthera
Spiderman
Mars God of War
Q*Bert's Quest

VIVA GOTTLIEB!!! All jokes aside there's some epic games in that list

Last edited:
Early Eighties, vids were killing pinball. The solution was a vid in a pinball, aka:
Mr & Mrs Pac Man.

Early Eighties, vids were killing pinball. The solution was a vid in a pinball, aka:
Mr & Mrs Pac Man.
There was also Caveman the year before, and Granny and the Gators just after; appears neither were popular at the time, let alone now - 2 games I'd never heard of before looking through The Pinball Compendium.

There was also Caveman the year before, and Granny and the Gators just after; appears neither were popular at the time, let alone now

Neither are much fun to play :(

Pinball Yin and Yang right there ^^^^^^

Low volume/ rare/ unusual = interesting, but so often means crap gameplay

A possible exception is Varkon. Gameplay pretty good on that for a standup. Weird floating ball feeling as what you see is reflected in a mirror.

Well maybe sucks is strong - it’s a novelty game.

Hi what about groger and black belt? Hope to see you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any 81 Bally will be right at home there neil. Just pick 2 of your personal favs from the list of

Centaur
Flash Gordon
Ebd
Fathom
Fireball2
Medusa
Xenon (1980)

So there is space for other manufacturers and eras

fireball classic is also an option as it gets you the em masterpiece but still fits your criteria 😁 Wish they’d done a ‘4 million bc classic’ to!

Back
Top Bottom