What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress DOMINO ARCADE Legend’s of Pinball

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

So I’ve been wanting to collect more legendary classic pinball machines but unfortunately with my shed full and the club full have a place to put them has been challenging.

So working with a friend who is an architect - I’ve figured out a way to extend the pinball space at home and will be able to host roughly another 13 games -The aim is to make these all classics. Hoping that this will be completed before the end of the year. Will post up plans shortly and have ordered the neon 😎

So let me know what all time classics of pinball should be there, Basically anything older than 1985. One thing - probably not going to be any EM’s as much as I love playing them the effort required to keep them tip top is high so going to pass on them for the time being.

I was thinking of doing something like this as I have a room upstairs in my garage that’s not used anymore but those stairs have put me off.
Anyway I will kick this off with Space Invaders, saw one the other week and looks amazing also has those iconic sounds.

Hi Neil,
Sounds like a fabulous idea!
Really regret never visiting Domino before this crazy lockdown!......
Among others, surely......(and trying to remember what you already own.....).
Bally.
1) Fathom.
2). Xenon.
3). Dolly.
4) Harlem globetrotters.
5) Skate ball.
6) embryon.
Williams.
1). Firepower.
2).Black knight.
3). Barracora.
4). Jungle lord.
5). Pin-bot. (1986?)
Stern. Think you got most my favourites...
Maybe...
1). Sea witch.
2). Flight 2000.
3) lighting.
4) star gazer.
Anyway.... whatever games you choose it will be awesome.
All the best with this excellent project. Classic ss games are the best...end of....
K.

One thing - probably not going to be any EM’s as much as I love playing them the effort required to keep them tip top is high so going to pass on them for the time being.

The old dears from the 80's are just as troublesome, if not more.

Not sure I agree but never owned an EM so hard for me to give an accurate view - we’ve had a few in the club and they last for about a month and then sit dead for ages sadly.

On the early SS games give the electronics games a good overhaul and they are pretty reliable in my view and as reliable as 90s games without so much agro with toys and strange mechs. The big issue with 80s games are what idiots have done to them to keep them running - my Quicksilver and Ali at the club had some maniac put stupid flippers in the - Quicksilver fixed and Robin is sorting out Ali which has ended up having to completely replace the entire flipper mechs.

The most complicated mech that I can think of on an early SS game is ball eject from a saucer and the flippers.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is awesome Neil!! What an incredible collection you will have!!

Ok, so this is my list.

1. Flash Gordon
2. Paragon
3. Skateball
4. Frontier
5. Harlem
6. Fathom
7. Viking
8. Baracorra
9. Gorgar
10. Alien Poker
11. Quicksilver
12. Star Gazer
13. Alien Star

Perhaps it's too Bally heavy, but they are just so damn good!!

I need to play paragon again I thought I played it and wasn’t keen but so many people like it I’ll take another look.

Viking is definitely on the list - that was an epic fun game at INDISC this year even though it was setup to make you cry.

I need to play paragon again I thought I played it and wasn’t keen but so many people like it I’ll take another look.

The beauty of paragon is there are loads of different specials to go for. If you can get all 4 in one game, you are doing well. 1. Spotting paragon in the top saucer, 2. hitting the left in-line drop targets twice and then the top saucer 3. Making right drop targets twice in same ball then hitting the waterfall. 4. Right drop targets until you light the special on the drop targets.

Key to a good game is getting to 'super bonus' on first ball then maxing it out at 5X bonus on every ball. Max is 49k, so 5X is £245k, super bonus stays lit from ball to ball at 20, 30, 40k.

Also getting golden cliffs to max 20k is worth it for the full tune it plays. And of course to clock up a big score.

Its a good game to have extra balls on as you can score unlimited, but in reality this doesnt happen often. Beasts lair is a killer, Set up right, a clean shot to the in line drop targets should sometimes punish with a drain between the flippers.

Then there is the artwork..............

Viking is definitely on the list - that was an epic fun game at INDISC this year even though it was setup to make you cry.

When it is setup correctly, that shot to the right orbit that swings back into the top left saucer for the massive collect, its got to be one of the best shots in pinball.

Actually thinking about it, I'd be tempted to swap out Alien Poker for Spirit. And surely Eight Ball Deluxe has to be in there! 13 just isn't enough Neil 🤯

Yeah and I’ve made the cardinal sin of not thinking about the glass off so might be more like 9. Just tweaking the drawings.

So many great titles to choose from.

Would be happy with these 13 in no particular order.

Andromeda.
The Games.
Alien Star.
Frontier.
Harlem Globe Trotters.
Eight Ball Deluxe.
Paragon.
Flash Gordon.
Nine Ball.
Catacomb.
Quick Silver.
Big Game.
Stars.

Ok we’re going to work on the basis of 13 until I check one thing out later.

I’m not feeling xenon but again it’s a game I need to play more.

Skateball is for sure also on the list.

Back
Top Bottom