What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress DOMINO ARCADE Legend’s of Pinball

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I know you said no EM’s but I’ve always loved the Segasa Prospector in competitions - the gold bonus collect is so valuable and it looks a cracking competition game. If you were to have an EM in for competitions - that would be the one for me.

Flash Gordon as others have said, brutal and beautiful game, nice upper playfield game that isn’t Black Knight, which I would have probably said had I not put this in.

Seawitch is another that has a big status in competition environment, so I would get one of those in. Seems like a huge build up to payout game.

I imagine some system 11 must get the nod here, so Taxi (or Diner) have to be the ones with comps in mind.

Thats what I can think of at the moment.

no EM's ??? :mad:not a single one ? O dear ,missing a huge area of Pinball "Legends" History for me . But Given Your Parameters Neil, the SS era was a truly Golden time for Pinball .
My Ultimate SS Classic setup ( with max 13 games ) would look summit like this ....

Williams

"Flash " 1978 ( First Solid State Game I owned )
"Gorgar" 1979
"FirePower" 1980
"Black Knight " 1980

Bally

"Mata Hari" 1978
"Star Trek " 1979
"Harlem Globetrotters" 1979
"Flash Gordon" 1981
"Fathom" 1981
"Eight Ball Deluxe" 1981

Gottlieb

"Sinbad" 1978
"Haunted house " 1982

Stern

"Dracula" 1979

EMs are more reliable than SS games generally as long as they've been gone through and get played reasonably regularly

EMs are more reliable than SS games generally as long as they've been gone through and get played reasonably regularly
Yes Ron , I heard that the contacts on the switches in EM games like to fired regularly so that the build up of carbon is less and therefore the switches fail less, because the resistance between them is less ? am I correct in this ? besides , old EM's like to be played regularly , it's like the spirit in the machine likes the attention somehow . I love Electromechanical Pinball , the chimes , the feel of an EM game, the smell of the inside of a classic EM ( as long as it's not that all too familiar coil overheating smell ! ) it's why I first fell in the love with Pinball & would like to play EM's more regularly , so maybe it's a bit of a myth that Electro Mechanical games are less reliable than Solid State games .

Last edited:
All switches in EM games perform a wiping action that keeps them clean if gapped correctly which keeps the game reliable. High power switches can get a build up or carbon over time due to the current going through them and you’ll see arcing on those types of switches too but again it’s just a case of filing them when the game is gone through and they should be good for years. EMs generally only start playing up when they’ve sat for a long time and even then they’re relatively simple to get going again as you can see the faults with your eyes :) I’ve dragged EMs out of damp barns before and got them fully playable again.

Hey Neil 👋🏽
Got alot of us really excited back in the summer of 2020. Is this still happening if so more details please? If not why not?
Cheers Keef 😎👊🏼
Nah the planning guys didn’t like it. So am back looking for a bit of land to build a house on it as the estate agents can’t find anything suitable.

Nah the planning guys didn’t like it. So am back looking for a bit of land to build a house on it as the estate agents can’t find anything suitable.

Been there and fought that one!

Don't believe Grand Designs, building something is a BLOODY NIGHTMARE!!! Ok, so it's worth it in the end, but the stress levels are insane.

I need space for my machines (and car) when we move to Bournemouth fully, so could always collaborate on "PBR (South Coast)" if you need space for a while ;)

Back
Top Bottom