What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead pool

Hopefully a few streams too Neil?
That is bloody quick tbh.
I have watched about 4hrs in total of all the streams so far.
Does look great but tbh doesn't look too deep at this present moment. Seems once you beat the 3 bad guys then that's your lot. I'm sure an update will add loads though.
Also since lil dp multi ball is so easy to get, then big scores should be quite easy to obtain

Hopefully a few streams too Neil?
That is bloody quick tbh.
I have watched about 4hrs in total of all the streams so far.
Does look great but tbh doesn't look too deep at this present moment. Seems once you beat the 3 bad guys then that's your lot. I'm sure an update will add loads though.
Also since lil dp multi ball is so easy to get, then big scores should be quite easy to obtain

From the streams I have watched so far it seems that completing Juggernaut, Mystique and Sabretooth unlocks Sauron battle.

And T-Rex and Megladon are needed to unlock/access Mr Sinister, whether you need to have beaten all the battles before getting to Sinister I don’t know.

Is interesting that we seem to have lost a mode from the leaked art to final design, on the leaked playfield design there was 3 quests sketched out - T-Rex, Kraken and Megladon, Kraken seems to have been removed.

There’s also a disco mode - 2 disco modes on the Prem/LE.

Ok it’s very good so far but code is still limited - as good as IMDN can’t say but it’s up there IMO. Unfortunately sunshine’s DP kept locking up so it was had to get a game on it but managed a couple.

Shots are superb but the long bounce shots I’m worried might not stand the test of time reliability wise - theme integration is superb and little deadpool not as annoying as you might think. I’m not cancelling!

I’ve got a video I’ll upload later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok it’s very good so far but code is still limited - as good as IMDN can’t say but it’s up there IMO. Unfortunately sunshine’s DP kept locking up so it was had to get a game on it but managed a couple.

Shots are superb but the long bounce shots I’m worried might not stand the test of time reliability wise - theme integration is superb and little deadpool not as annoying as you might think. I’m not cancelling!

I’ve got a video I’ll upload later.

The rate Stern have been releasing code updates I'm not too concerned :D

PRO V0.82.0 - Aug. 30, 2018
===========================
Moved to System 2.10:
- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.25.0

New:
- Added Diagnostic Menu: KATANA LOCKUP TEST
- Added adjustments
- MATURE CONTENT - (default: YES)
- CHIMICHANGA DIFFICULTY (default: MEDIUM - 1 shot to light Chimichanga arrows)
- CHIMICHANGAS TO LIGHT QUEST (default: 4)
- LIL DEADPOOL MB SJP CAPTIVE BALL (default: YES)
- START DISCO MODE ON SPINNER (default: YES - if NO, DISCO modes start on lane)
- DISCO MODE DIFFICULTY (default: HARD - controls number of Dazzler spinner spins required to start Disco mode)
- KATANA LOCKS BALLS (default: ALWAYS)
- DISABLE CENTER DROP TARGET BANK (default: NO)
- Playfield multiplier lights flash when playfield multiplier is active.
- NINJAPOCALYPSE combo - combo the right orbit and right katana ramp for big points.

Fixed:
- Game would occasionally crash when starting a Battle.
- Fixed an issue where mystery always lit ninja lock; ninja lock can only light if one isn't already lit

Changed:
- LIL' DEADPOOL MULTIBALL - changed to have 3 stages
- Stage 1 - collect 6 jackpots at the Lil' Deadpool target
- Stage 2 - collect 6 jackpots at red shots; Lil' Deadpool target increases jackpot value
- Stage 3 - Lock ball in Lil' Deadpool to start timed Super Jackpot spinner session
- LIL' DEADPOOL MULTIBALL is available again after completing a Quest.
- LIL' DEADPOOL MULTIBALL and KATANARAMA TIME can no longer run at the same time.
- BOOM button no longer awards Super Jackpots
- Improvements to text message panels
- Improvements to fight scene animations
- Improvements to Lil' Deadpool animations
- Improvements to Disco Multiball animations
- Additions and improvements to character speech

Deadpool Pro... Just landed at Tilt...

Have to say it’s pretty damn good!

Backglass and Cabinet artwork is spot on and really good... Nice to see them investing in Zombi Yeti as his work is killer!

The screen and arcade 16 bit is really good and ties in perfectly... I love how your essentially fighting in old school street fighter but the shots are the punches and combos lol

The play field is pretty well packed for a pro... So much going on to look at but it doesn't deter from the game... The shots flow so much and its a joy to play

The lock shot and lock is awesome, an extremely pleasing shot to make looping back on itself into the Katana Sword!
The mini Funko pop bobble head is pretty cool and the drop target lock is an awesome feature

Have to say Stern are really hitting their latest games out the park these days

Good fun vid. Hope it operates well for you guys. I feel a bit odd it being about the comic strip which I'm not familiar with, enjoyed the first movie.

But its good that people are excited about it/for it, not for me, but any pin that grows/re-engages the interest in pins is good as far as I can see.

It did remind me that we're due a trip and night out down there again soon.

I still can't believe that you left that van in the middle of Birmingham and it still had wheels on it when you got back LOL :D

just kidding, cool video and yes its a fantastic game :D

Looks really good. Sadly we missed it by just 1 day. Hobbit was just leaving to make space for DeadPool... made up for it with games on Iron Maiden and Total Nuclear Annihilation...

Nice to chat briefly with @Pick Holder though.:thumbs:

Sooo. After an afternoon and evening giving this a thrashing, my impressions of it.

Cabinet, great art but it appears to be of a less quality, you can see the woodgrain on the back (not that this matters in the slightest), I had difficulty securing the backbox besause the holes didn't line up very well. got it done but this is the forst time I've ever had a problem. Probably down to manufacturing tolerances. They have now added corner bracing to the top corners at the front so they have listened to those that experienced splitting.
Playfield, flawless. The art is better in real life than in the pictures where it appeared cluttered. Great finish and fit and it plays great out of the box. The ball reentering the shooter lane gives another super skill attempt which is worth 5M + 250k per time made.
Game software, updated mine before I played it and for initial software it's a great game (I'd say probably better than GOTG), having now heard it I retract my post on pinside, it doesn't need R rated speech. There are some obvious holes like Mr Sinister can't be reached, a lack of graphics in attract and a basic high score entry.
The music is superb, they have written music specifically for the game (tape and LP now make sense).

The only problem with mine is a bad cabinet speaker which breaks up and crackles sometimes. Not a problem to me as I'll be ripping that out anyway and replacing it with a better 8" sub which arrives today.

If I had to score this out of 10, I'd give it 8 at the moment with definite improvement in code, higher. Grab one, you'll not regret it.

Having put a few games on Phil's Pro last night I can say:

The playfield look good and well lit, tracking the ball is easy
The right/lock ramp is very satisfying to hit
The callouts are bespoke (and funny), but I'm not sure how irritating they'll be after a while
The animations on the backbox are good in game play, with many things missed if you are playing, you need to watch someone else playing to appreciate them.
Custom song in attract mode is very good.

Where improvements are needed:
Getting SJP in mini DeadPool MB, by hitting the captive ball you've created behind the drops doesn't work very well.
Lots of rejects from the scoop - especially from the right flipper.
T-Rex Quest can't be completed.
After completing the 3 Battle modes, and mini wizard battle, it just returns to the start.
Nothing that can't be fixed with a code update - which no doubt will be forthcoming based on Stern's current commitment to code.

Hopefully the code will come quick - IMDN sets the bar IMO.

Think I found the cause of the distortion. The default for the cabinet speaker is 8 ohm but it's a 4 ohm speaker. If yours sounds crap try changing the setting (but a better speaker is always a good option!)

Anyone know of a Deadpool in central London at the moment as I'm up there for meetings tomorrow and Wednesday.

Not sure if @Chief have got theirs yet?

Back
Top Bottom