What's new

Crash Course Electronics

So anyone else doing this course in the end? I'm at lecture 41 so far out of 149 and I am very impressed. Over the last few weeks I have learned a huge amount about analogue electronics theory, built various circuits on a breadboard, learned how to do wire wrapping and now have a much better undertanding of some of the basic electronic component inside pinball machines. Haven't even started on the digital electronics part yet.

Of coure I am not expecting to be an electonics expert at the end of this, but I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to learn some good basics. It helps if you have A level maths as there is a bit of calculus involved to derive various equations but it's not essential as you could skip those bits. All in all a bargain for £14.99 for what I have covered so far, and I am not even a third of the way in. Of course if you want to do some of the practical stuff that the course covers you need to buy a breadboard, components and a power supply as well, but that needn't cost the earth.

Last edited:
So anyone else doing this course in the end? I'm at lecture 41 so far out of 149 and I am very impressed. Over the last few weeks I have learned a huge amount about analogue electronics theory, built various circuits on a breadboard, learned how to do wire wrapping and now have a much better undertanding of some of the basic electronic component inside pinball machines. Haven't even started on the digital electronics part yet.

Of coure I am not expecting to be an electonics expert at the end of this, but I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to learn some good basics. It helps if you have A level maths as there is a bit of calculus involved to derive various equations but it's not essential as you could skip those bits. All in all a bargain for £14.99 for what I have covered so far, and I am not even a third of the way in. Of course if you want to do some of the practical stuff that the course covers you need to buy a breadboard, components and a power supply as well, but that needn't cost the earth.
Good to know, I purchased the course but been busy with work etc.... so haven’t got around to starting it yet.
Glad to hear it’s worth while doing, I know I’ll need to purchase a few bits and bobs when I get to it.
I’m keen to get amongst it but have an exam I need to get done first.
Damn Covid has delayed the release of books I need for study towards a certification 😬

Back
Top Bottom