What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crash Course Electronics

So anyone else doing this course in the end? I'm at lecture 41 so far out of 149 and I am very impressed. Over the last few weeks I have learned a huge amount about analogue electronics theory, built various circuits on a breadboard, learned how to do wire wrapping and now have a much better undertanding of some of the basic electronic component inside pinball machines. Haven't even started on the digital electronics part yet.

Of coure I am not expecting to be an electonics expert at the end of this, but I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to learn some good basics. It helps if you have A level maths as there is a bit of calculus involved to derive various equations but it's not essential as you could skip those bits. All in all a bargain for £14.99 for what I have covered so far, and I am not even a third of the way in. Of course if you want to do some of the practical stuff that the course covers you need to buy a breadboard, components and a power supply as well, but that needn't cost the earth.

Last edited:
So anyone else doing this course in the end? I'm at lecture 41 so far out of 149 and I am very impressed. Over the last few weeks I have learned a huge amount about analogue electronics theory, built various circuits on a breadboard, learned how to do wire wrapping and now have a much better undertanding of some of the basic electronic component inside pinball machines. Haven't even started on the digital electronics part yet.

Of coure I am not expecting to be an electonics expert at the end of this, but I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to learn some good basics. It helps if you have A level maths as there is a bit of calculus involved to derive various equations but it's not essential as you could skip those bits. All in all a bargain for £14.99 for what I have covered so far, and I am not even a third of the way in. Of course if you want to do some of the practical stuff that the course covers you need to buy a breadboard, components and a power supply as well, but that needn't cost the earth.
Good to know, I purchased the course but been busy with work etc.... so haven’t got around to starting it yet.
Glad to hear it’s worth while doing, I know I’ll need to purchase a few bits and bobs when I get to it.
I’m keen to get amongst it but have an exam I need to get done first.
Damn Covid has delayed the release of books I need for study towards a certification 😬

Back
Top Bottom