What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concert/gig attending thread.....

Got tickets to see The the next June at the royal Albert hall.
They haven't played for 17 years.
Number 1 on my bucket list.
Been listening to them since 1983. The band that saved me through my adolescence.

Cool, you going in your car or tube ? :rofl:

Sorry couldn't resist the bad joke

Just arranging a few gigs and wondered if any pinheads are likely to be going to any of the following (mainly London) shows and fancied meeting up.
Michael Monroe
Fields of the Nephilim
New Model Army (maybe)
The Damned

+ I've decided to take the plunge and take my son to Download for his birthday. Haven't been since it was Monsters of Rock. Looked into camping and the bastards wanted £600 for a ****ing tent:eek: Going to do the sensible middle aged thing and stay at a hotel and travel in each day

Was meant to be going to Alice Cooper but there was an issue over tickets and really can't stand the idea of sitting down at a gig.:( First UK tour I've missed of his for over a decade, Oh well...

Saw the Dead Boys were also doing a London show but suspect they are dreadful without Stiv Bators.

Now the kids are older I suspect I'll be able to go out a lot more again:clap: If anyone every fancies joining me then drop me a line. Normally up for most rock related stuff.

I saw Dreadzone last week, bloody brilliant.

Zion Train in December.

I did Metallica again in Amsterdam a few weeks back. They had a ‘proper’ mosh pit with a real air of genuine danger. Blood, sweat and bottles of ****. I felt 16 again... :)

Just arranging a few gigs and wondered if any pinheads are likely to be going to any of the following (mainly London) shows and fancied meeting up.
Michael Monroe
Fields of the Nephilim
New Model Army (maybe)
The Damned

+ I've decided to take the plunge and take my son to Download for his birthday. Haven't been since it was Monsters of Rock. Looked into camping and the bastards wanted £600 for a ****ing tent:eek: Going to do the sensible middle aged thing and stay at a hotel and travel in each day

Was meant to be going to Alice Cooper but there was an issue over tickets and really can't stand the idea of sitting down at a gig.:( First UK tour I've missed of his for over a decade, Oh well...

Saw the Dead Boys were also doing a London show but suspect they are dreadful without Stiv Bators.

Now the kids are older I suspect I'll be able to go out a lot more again:clap: If anyone every fancies joining me then drop me a line. Normally up for most rock related stuff.

Saw New Model Army recently. They were on top form.
Stranglers missing from that list ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been to a couple of amazing gigs recently. I saw Metallica at the O2 and the Marmozets at the Garage. Due to see Royal Blood and the Prophets of Rage ion the next couple of weeks :)

Last edited:
Michael Monroe
Fields of the Nephilim
New Model Army (maybe)
The Damned

I’m miffed that Fields Of The Nephilim are only playing London. Seen them about a dozen times. Dry ice, big hats and dust everywhere.

Start Me Up ! :cool:Mick On A Stick !!!!!!!!!! Mick On A Stage !!!!!!

giphy (10).gif

Got my pre sales for Friday May 25 London ... the extra date just announced today :clap::clap:

Anyone else gonna catch the Stones for what could possibly be 'the last time ' ??.... see what I did there ;)

giphy (30).gif

giphy (44).gif giphy (45).gif

56.jpg

stones2018-1200x1200-FB_IG-alldates_preview1-600x600.jpg

Last edited:
great group, 40 plus years ago, Hate big stadiums, dislike seeing groups way after their prime, although I have. But defo not a chance of a lifetime, unless you were able to watch them sixtys to mid seventies.

Love some of their earlier music

great group, 40 plus years ago, Hate big stadiums, dislike seeing groups way after their prime, although I have. But defo not a chance of a lifetime, unless you were able to watch them sixtys to mid seventies.

Love some of their earlier music
I totally agree. I'm breaking all my own rules by going...... But I'm still soooo excited. Huge fan, Jagger, Keef they are living legends... I need to see them :)

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

The Stones are past their best. So are their fans (I am amongst them)
I attend a lot of live music, seeing bands I grew up with.
There’s some seriously great young bands about these days.
Last band I saw were Cabbage. Young nutters exploding with mad energy.
Sunday I’m off to see the Hookworms, I’ll be growing old disgracefully watching exciting bands for a fraction of the price the Stones want.

The Stones are past their best. So are their fans (I am amongst them)
I attend a lot of live music, seeing bands I grew up with.
There’s some seriously great young bands about these days.
Last band I saw were Cabbage. Young nutters exploding with mad energy.
Sunday I’m off to see the Hookworms, I’ll be growing old disgracefully watching exciting bands for a fraction of the price the Stones want.

Again. I agree. I go to a gig a week on average, and usually in venues smaller than the Stones dressing room [emoji16] - Cabbage are good yeah, saw Hookworms couple times, not sure on the new album yet... Last time supporting my buddies band Slowdive [emoji16]On the worms tip... You heard Flatworms?

Tonight I'm seeing the awesome Charlie Parr, Minnesota blues/country dude...,,, and tomorrow Here Lies Man - check out their album if you get a chance, got someone serious heavy guitar grooves going on.

Last edited:
for a fraction of the price the Stones want.

I see this morning they have released a number of Lucky Dip tickets ...£30 ....you pick up on the day and could be sat/stood anywhere ...they say they are spread around the Stadium. Seems a fair punt if you are on a budget. I wonder if they added this after the (usual) outrage at high ticket prices ??

Don Broco (Technology tour) 2 weeks ago in manchester
Maiden - On the fence about it
Donington - Possibly however its during the middle of exams :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom