What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concert/gig attending thread.....

A lot of gigs get frustrating as folks want to film everything, rather than live the moment directly.
I went to one Rammstein gig at the London O2 where a member of our group could only come if we had seats. Luckily, they were in a good enough place to enjoy all the theatrics. And I didn’t miss being hit in the head with a dingy.

A lot of gigs get frustrating as folks want to film everything, rather than live the moment directly.
I went to one Rammstein gig at the London O2 where a member of our group could only come if we had seats. Luckily, they were in a good enough place to enjoy all the theatrics. And I didn’t miss being hit in the head with a dingy.
I just dont get it - especially when big gigs have such mad ticket prices. I pay that I wanna see the show not watch thru my phone.
The footage is going to be average at best anyway - just watch and enjoy !

Someone standing next to be at an ANWL gig a couple years back decided to get her phone out. Just as it was coming out of her pocket Animal said "But so ****ing what!?".. And the crowd went wild. Dunno if she ever got her phone back :D

I just dont get it - especially when big gigs have such mad ticket prices. I pay that I wanna see the show not watch thru my phone.
The footage is going to be average at best anyway - just watch and enjoy !

Someone standing next to be at an ANWL gig a couple years back decided to get her phone out. Just as it was coming out of her pocket Animal said "But so ****ing what!?".. And the crowd went wild. Dunno if she ever got her phone back :D
Wow - first thought was 'are they still going' - second thought get on youtube for Streets of London/So What. Maybe it wasn't just nostalgia - sounded excellent.

Always good fun live ANWL - IME anyway. Think Animal is the only original member left - but thats fine.
I've dragged mates to a league gig in the past. They were all pretty reluctant. "Too hardcore for me" etc. And all said the same after - that was great fun :)

Pulp tonight !
With the country’s finest living frontman and national treasure… Jarvis Cocker🤩

Never saw them back in the day for some reason , although was at some other band after party thing in Covent Garden mid 90s and JC was there …. I got mugged on the way home 🤦‍♀️

I did see his show as ‘Jarv Is’ a few years ago . Brilliant.

Anyone else joining the common people in north London tonight ?

Last edited:
Saw The Darts (U. S.) on Monday. Been looking forward to it for months and was not disappointed!

Attachments

• IMG20230710222917.jpg
    IMG20230710222917.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 15
I saw a Sister’s set list from Friday. No idea what half of the songs were. Strange band refusing to release new tracks.
It’s always been a gamble regarding quality when I’ve seen them live.

Ha. I was there last night too. I can’t say it was a good gig. Andrew was as barely audible most of the time. Ben Christo held it well together with guitars and did a lot of the vocals too.But where was the other guitarist (Dylan Smith)?
This time I had a good chance of recognising what the songs were meant to be due to Christo so could work out the new stuff. Some people near me seemed to know it enough to sing.

For me it’s was a great night for many reasons. The vocals were not great but I still loved it as the guitar sounded great and alot of the songs I knew sounded pretty good instrumentally the encore was better vocal wise to

Apparently Eldritch sacked the other guitar guy on Friday after an argument 🤣🤣🤣 rock n roll

Last edited:
I skipped the Sisters and saw While She Sleeps instead.
Never been a fan of people bringing flags to gigs. 🤬

Attachments

• D3FD6221-3C2C-41F4-A2AF-440AEF2EEBFB.jpeg
    D3FD6221-3C2C-41F4-A2AF-440AEF2EEBFB.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 21
Not a gig but this is the music thread on here and it’s pinball related so that’s my reasoning 😎

A project I’m involved with , this vid shot by the amazing Innerstrings right here at GrizZ HQ pin shack - spot the machines if you can 😂 ! , and late night Brighton , for some wild visuals .
Please share with any of your shoegaze/krautrock/psych/garage/ loving friends 😁

———————————————-
The first single by Three Quarter Skies, the new band formed by Simon Scott from Slowdive. Taken from the EP ‘Universal Flames’ which is out on October 26. Pre-order here: https://linktr.ee/threequarterskiesFilmed, directed and edited by Chris Tomsett // Innerstringshttps://linktr.ee/innerstrings

I’m due to see Pigs x7 in Bristol on Friday with my daughter but she’s just come down with bladdy Covid again.

Hopefully she’ll recover in time for it.

I got hit quite badly with it in July so I’m hoping I’ll be spared this time.

I saw Snayx in Oxford last night having enjoyed them at Bearded Theory.

I was a stonking gig, although too much jumping about meant a sore back today!

Attachments

• IMG_4666.jpeg
    IMG_4666.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 4
Got Pain this Friday and PWEI the following week then a slow down before the Dead South, Mission and Terrorvision at the end of the month.

Managed to score Frank Carter tickets for next year 🤘

Back
Top Bottom