What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concert/gig attending thread.....

T
Friends were there and says it was a good one. I nearly went - but have seen them a lot over the years and lot of other tickets demanding my money currently .
I remember them playing the Hare And Hounds Brighton up by the fire station bsck in about 2012 - when they were still Thee Oh Sees and had the lineup with a female keyboardist. For some reason the upstairs gig room wasn’t available so they played in the corner of the main bar area 👌😁 cue lots of puzzled looking casual bar drinkers as all hell let loose
Just face melting ! P90s baby
Anyone listen to Slift? I've been on them a couple of years but not managed to see them yet

Bearded theory always looks like a good (smaller) festival. They’ve had stuff like the newcranes who I loved back in the early 90s.

If you’re not camping then the cab fare from litchfield is pretty kerching 😱

On a different note I got over excited that Pain are playing the UK in October. £42 a ticket though.

Weirdly Wolfmother appear to be playing a one off in Islington and that hasn’t sold out so I grabbed a ticket for that.

Almost went to see Flogging Molly do a small gig at a brewery but £55 a ticket is about £40 more than I’d pay.

This gig lark us is bloody expensive nowadays.

Like a bit of Pain.
On a Pain related note I gather hes parted ways with Lindemann - not sure why. (And Lindemann is doing a tour - sadly hes only play London - fancy seeing his show but not wanting to go to London to do so)

I think the Lindemann thing went south about 3 years ago. There was meant to be a London show that sold out instantly but then got scrapped due to Covid. Pete then quit the band but to be honest I suspect that 99% of people wouldn’t care and it’s all about the Rammstein connection.

I’ve only managed to catch Pain twice. The first time was OK. Nothing special really but last time they were phenomenal, easily one of my top ten gigs and all the better for being unexpected.

I've seen the Lindemann Moscow video - surprised there hasn't been a bit of a kick-off about that - especially "Golden Shower" :)
(Not saying there should be - but that means nowt)

I was at Leftfield in the Bournemouth O2 this past weekend as Neil is a good friend of mine. The roof almost came off when Release the Pressure started

Saw Interpol last night in Edinburgh for the first time, been a fan for many years and they do not disappoint, an awesome set.

Pain are great live, only seen them as support and it took me a while to recognise the songs I knew but made me stop and pay attention. You have reminded me to add them back into rotation.

Just got tickets to see Judas priest, supported by saxon and uriah heep for next year. should be interesting. Out of the 3 of them. heep are the ones i favour. another great band still clinging on with one original member 🤣🤣. Pity Ken Hensley no longer with them, got some of his solo stuff which is well worth a listen.

In a similar vein, also grabbed tickets to see Wishbone Ash later this year. playing at the intimate Brudenell social club in Leeds. Really looking forward to that.

I briefly toyed with seeing Judas Priest but all seated venues are a straight no for me.

About 5 years ago I saw JP headline Bloodstock and the following night Iron Maiden at the o2. The difference in their stage sets was massive. JPs set looked like it had been stuck together on Blue Peter. Cardboard symbols stuck onto the amps that then blew in the wind 🤣

Out of the two I far prefer JP though and was playing their cover of “diamonds and rust” yesterday.

I had tickets for them (jp) as guests of Ozzy. Wouldn't mind seeing them but not paying that. (Saxon are OK - seen them on the Motorhead bill 😁)
I'm put on a good show but the last couple of albums... I'm out 🤔

Brighton band.

Saw today - high energy chaos, better than the bands on the main stage!

Just got tickets to see Judas priest, supported by saxon and uriah heep for next year. should be interesting. Out of the 3 of them. heep are the ones i favour. another great band still clinging on with one original member 🤣🤣. Pity Ken Hensley no longer with them, got some of his solo stuff which is well worth a listen.

In a similar vein, also grabbed tickets to see Wishbone Ash later this year. playing at the intimate Brudenell social club in Leeds. Really looking forward to that.
That'll be a cracking gig 👍🏻
Not a huge JP fan (don't dislike them, just haven't taken the time to get in to them), but saw them about 5 years or so ago at Grasspop festival in Diesel (great line up) - JP were great and I really enjoy Richie Faulkner's playing and remember when he used to play covers with Metal Works in Camden years back. Nice to see that he's progressed from being a bit of a (excellent) Zakk Wylde clone.

Just got back from the first day of Download.

**** me it’s busy. Took 3 hours to get into the venue and we walked the last 4 miles.

Couldn’t get anywhere near enough to actually see Skindred.

That’s a bummer. I saw Skindred at Bearded Theory and they were bloomin brilliant.

The audience participation was next level. I hadn’t seen them before but would definitely see them again.

Back
Top Bottom