What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central London: Arcade Opening September 1st: Brunswick Centre (Russell Suare Tube)

I also went yesterday and put £10.00 on a card which got me 65 points with the bonus (the more you buy, the more bonus points you get). It's 4.8 credits per game (why ?? just call it 5) which worked out for me at £0.76 per game. However, I got at least 8 replays whilst I was there 4 from High scores and 4 from Match (was informed that for now the match is set to give approx 3:1 as a reward for playing).

I took a lot of photos also, but Chris has the exact same ones so will not repost all mine, except whilst I was there I met John from Electrocoin. He's such a nice guy and so keen that Pinball is available to as many as possible. They put Godzilla (Pro) up and let me play it, thanks again guys it made my day :)

John said Godzilla is going out to a press release today, so will be back later and it still needs the card machine adding. The back of the arcade still has work in progress and there so open to feedback on how to make it better. John talked about GnR and will speak to Phil I so so so hope they get to put one in.

I Will be back soon, lets spread the word and support them, as more pinball places are good for all

Ps Can't wait for @Gary Flower to set up the tournaments.
Watch out for Neil McRae to announce the first tournament.

ok we are running at tournament here on 28 November.

Pick 5 games from the 7 available play them twice. Top 16 (maybe 8) compete in a matchplay final).

More details here:

ok we are running at tournament here on 28 November.

Pick 5 games from the 7 available play them twice. Top 16 (maybe 8) compete in a matchplay final).

More details here:

Sounds great Neil but sadly you pick the one weekend I am not here. I hope you repeat it. May be a pre-Christmas comp ;-) (( Its November now so we can mention the C word))

Got a good ball trap solid on multi all yesterday on top of the tower. And this time the man agreed to lower the glass to retrieve it.

Attachments

• AABC6DA5-E8B7-4BDA-B9DD-F6B7B24685D5.jpeg
    AABC6DA5-E8B7-4BDA-B9DD-F6B7B24685D5.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 28
I won’t be going anywhere near that part of the world during December 😂🤣

but the good news is

I'll never be able to get my older son out of the 'Stern room'... :mad:

On a brighter note, this is good news! :) You just need to get a JP2 in there (and unfold the FT that has been stacked up in the corner for months...) 🐟😈

Is it open on Sunday's as a few of us are hoping to attend after the London Games Market on Sunday. What are the opening times?

Wife's there at the moment. She's already onto me about buying a Godzilla. 😂

OK so I paid a visit.

All the pins need adjusting BADLY. Every pin has the legs set to the lowest front and back.

Stranger Things played horrible not sure if the pitch was to blame but the ball kept flying out of the ramp on the left where its suppose to have a ball lock via magnets (Stranger Things Premium) the button had also been replaced on the lock bar. Not sure why maybe something to do with the payment machines they had on the coinbox.

IiMTdVBRvzHRJ6p9cL5TEb7uu8gQWpxi9UL7U35bYDxgI4YEbaXGalhxXoiwXV8HlJzHFWbwhR9YlRAm85I_PHd8GQnRCsky3fVoi7mu9Y86PUa7XFC1OkMzLvK7FRzginnN6iDCmYZrUmopa0nWdAdn3_304yJHgM4VdqqwTVBNO6ijjXH19OAX3wvJnyEoLy_wV3PBwF7SfOiPGXhnOVlpYQ5_EP97vw3azf7jsRy4ZWCN-fox43gZtfhdcLKvSxRtYToS0bQyXthkGhDhO1nlMhfPHZAokDXo1NWqRnn6Nv8DNZYOKzVAECvrCYR6eltuEOvoq7ZEb4hMXFeNpsdnv6QWakVO_QbCGJinPlY3QgzvOckWkWpbahpbVKXVNIytpjRyUdoff_R9eRaXdq_qVvOJkeByLAezJBy0SLKwS-QWGFFWeVQQEn19o80nI0re93S4nIG_iEI_P7TAacJKUYcRS8DwaBN-zpkBpeJd3LdhLHaCkqkLzdEXa8Vj3OBpvM9CD8oCNp9IjstshtbQWWQRR4tbJErswPgmEn9BKq5yECqUYvDmPeE6ixIOLS8la0bC2h-V3SQW2R43svH2IAOFwjx_sFQbKLV6tPuskXBqacblAd3juSI2Qszrqkr82-kO3tcm0GmgBCN3RCJxp6mHktxEqfHEfC8zMmkykJSapWc3OmWrhgYrXicpi_Xnn77zn_L4ZS5hn-9730XH=w1730-h1297-no

pAGDW7LbjnqFtpWCX9Q1b1TJvN1LG5UP9ZX9Uly38-Nl3PiMSi3lXJ69FQ7oa_BlXd0px4oYQBtnUuR0LVCWsuNqrA17EXKvQWfDLTeTl1tbjqxmwjuAtyQlxfBUs6464hasDUEUGAObQK4NOA5jsym4qdSTzX7JmJUxbsJcgO0LXiLoLuz5Ygl8RMPrcP9t84Y2OQiM95zT4rj33YaJ4m8n5mipd32SZt_oGNY9AMFngskfGt_FsKcKQGUPeT0Ly7iBiP_gWMRY9ohkQXz2zvtc3-LTPL6hhTYktgAE-8mbJJXXvmkallLVZJ86j4Cz76wWn0aUIjQkHxn7ARz3N9us-3fh4CyKOg2Cqymfs5tyQR-2jNR4B_1XiWqK5y5rTjDASSG2SGAwqZSvNEwyl1eE27RE2p5Nli4gDs3TRnVTSbMpTWhogwveFO0DrIuJ8eoi2zIV3OkMsQBjYU3fciRZD593NPLoNLRfMYSl0eQLWczLF5Fh6w0QK1-JYH7nw6jbNR7o8CDaQGXQG3FqIEWhONijo1MRUFsOjqYCdASoOX_cZQUJTCCEv8CfJmQ3DU75r0kDx5A5aPez4f2jageFdyr2N_csJcimPp0I6V5xcua79jinyoubVHxOHmf1iBmQG-cksvbEEXt6tjzEYYPYN53IOjycOqXcj2l1ekvnZklkutyN7RciAZXslatO99lTbQCTWOj-O3TPbU3Vtf8h=w1730-h1297-no

Otherwise though, the machines were in amazing condition.

0A_rZsvRRL3S090_1CAdNRxRFvFzqpXdeGLBfLwRYvuU_cUnp1hpvHuAdQRhHk8cEV4NHT_sY-9m_28XRhXyXrd6MPEGp-ZIdKXVJuPkccKRAcp-22CxhxfY58K3G7snk7vHx7GETMcJsgC-yDTxtulw3CNUHP0pkN0LfHRv_5nmjdsE36jzt6o_ryVatquXQyvWhpVn23fKCYt2O5TjjOm_rNhxV1FWRp8FZIFL3LPVHrq259aR1ZhItPIar_RGVdyAXO5BUEv-3ttSyc39MNhDum3m4Bdk2db0McWbUo7WbTqaDlFKkCszjEk4WcHJrVeuyzHg_3rNqo08iATSjJwL53nIw7y7JaFWdqKedW_EGnq7_5VXa2J71b6imlZ5Bazr-7-f07j41jf9xoR9S9319Q9SbldyDWxWJ5E3gDBxPRSHwvpR75ekLoca9rY0Em37X58nEeCLkN9vlsmYPfFrShS_JpG1kbinV4NaKHqzRLmQOyFtzgdNQH69ItmD1UD6VlY_HdxvDrHyxmalUKW1zjvELbiduhRbgIZxx-WOGDAJubz88qsjoxG34B7YSMc6n1HEOSXbedZY5Xy2c5TwMAIMsPsMvDrxcal6Hqmr89nS18apbDW-AnMs-KbYbGgePh79-bJVTbrRjn2DbyDFmC6fQ1kZpqu5hOLPFv4dqxB5NB75afhJ4lMid5arVxtNEQ85Iczdu7HWangBR9rD=w1730-h1297-no

Strangely most were premiums?! I would have thought pro's for 'on location'.

Godzilla was fun to play I put up a video on the Godzilla hype train thread.

dZPvtKcnUcayV78yaWbUNaCJI5UO9rFcbfkuOTv4cQLjp1DFM_XtN_wQK97wWiVZs9jMaLtYkHmAh2kaM0-fluD1TPLmHh9u6esBlxOeHm3dIhOoxqfCsk0Sh6jHCxJdtr76XsKKc7VXeyF4Qb6xd-AiOsEinJvmz-GR9tDsdLG35GgO2c8zNbeNdQXTbXxT3bdkfS2mgoUGlztM2AUM0Jlp7FA7rjhc1XpwLvs-W0Y2pL9LMiFJQJ4tMG-Usts9ucTgATTwiATZFRwdqlX4rINlUubFHg1OkDO3ZKNbT9lTeR523u-DFbNt0rq7-IQHzTBUer9YBW37SvlOu9TXsMqA50h-kgLCVpdVKkJE3tCVq5GtJXMLsRISnZCqGueisHxWImGXR7A_fCvsvYkXiFrgLMx31g9v8Yn1CsJleNTO9KyLehxlnV3PAKUgDgpHfzFRtIYZUonFB1RrCVPhBijI4tErRuh3SbHR3qQ6ZEnDSiapLNrCo-F3tVW5NldbZ163SA0xKK_mQ3A7FOkPX9_N2yDundKkdw14J1_jykbGMKyxY5kQ6P3r8t8qkV2ectMlhMgOySRvA5F7HiMtDgdfPLM3kBUD1-PKQtHaRQhVIOOy9T0ZuzZoPlHLUCSYNU69MadEi9GJp5YbKhr8Fytw-JPdupvqTNT6k9zt3zn02yZU5nUKPY3LOCuG1wmPhqRN7DY_fwi3orlzMLmA7rrW=w1730-h1297-no

Replays on some seem to be set to 30 million so if you can get a multiball going you can get free game going easy enough. I really dislike the payment system though its rigged so you can't use all the 'coins' you pay onto the card so you never clear your balance on the card.

My worry is that these machines won't be well looked given the state of Stranger Things and the pitch on the machines. So play them before they stop working ><

at flipout we have:

LZ Prem
IMDN Prem
Avengers Prem
MET LE
ACDC Prem
TWD Prem
GOT Prem

Neil.

I was there today to check it out.

none of the games are running the latest code, all of them are floaty as hell, some switches don’t register on NST. they replaced the button on NST when the code they are running doesn’t do anything with the button 😂 and a few other issues too.

nonwhere to sit which might be interesting

Last edited by a moderator:

none of the games are running the latest code, all of them are floaty as hell, some switches don’t register on NST.

GZ must be a pretty incredible machine when dialed-in properly because I *loved* it (and it was a Pro)...

They don't provide step stools either - despite it being a family venue. We did ask if we could borrow a stool (or anything that my son could stand on) and was told it was impossible for health and safety reasons!! :oops:

[NB: Step stools are something FlipOut does very well].

GZ must be a pretty incredible machine when dialed-in properly because I *loved* it (and it was a Pro)...

They don't provide step stools either - despite it being a family venue. We did ask if we could borrow a stool (or anything that my son could stand on) and was told it was impossible for health and safety reasons!! :oops:

[NB: Step stools are something FlipOut does very well].
If step stools aren't allowed - this would be a real shame as both my boys would not be able to play - and they were looking forward to it very much. My eldest (8 yrs old) loves pinball - and did very well at the Flip Out blind best of comp (27th of 37) but he is really short so there is absolutely no way he could take part without a step stool available.

@Gary Flower @Neil McRae is this an absolute non-negotiable? As you know it really hard to seed the next generation of pinball players as it is, so it would be a missed opportunity if shorter children are excluded from the competition through no fault of their own.

Can y

none of the games are running the latest code, all of them are floaty as hell, some switches don’t register on NST. they replaced the button on NST when the code they are running doesn’t do anything with the button 😂

Are they going to make Godzilla connected too or can you do it for them😀 as it not linked so far on my last visits

If step stools aren't allowed - this would be a real shame as both my boys would not be able to play - and they were looking forward to it very much. My eldest (8 yrs old) loves pinball - and did very well at the Flip Out blind best of comp (27th of 37) but he is really short so there is absolutely no way he could take part without a step stool available.

@Gary Flower @Neil McRae is this an absolute non-negotiable? As you know it really hard to seed the next generation of pinball players as it is, so it would be a missed opportunity if shorter children are excluded from the competition through no fault of their own.

BYO?

We've got a few of these at home, which we used to take to pinball places when the kids were little.

If anyone wants them, I'll bring the with me to the next event / comp. Probably not worth posting as postage will cost the same as buying one from amazon.

Screenshot_20211111-022150_Google.jpg

We've got a few of these at home, which we used to take to pinball places when the kids were little.

If anyone wants them, I'll bring the with me to the next event / comp. Probably not worth posting as postage will cost the same as buying one from amazon.

View attachment 152548
My boys use Pourty Upsteps and are READY TO COMPETE (well, only the bigger one).

It’s just a real nuisance transporting step stools around London….

09BD3E3A-4D03-45B7-8C1C-F962C2BF065C.jpeg

Last edited:
We made one that is heavy and solid that can’t tip and comes in handy for those hard to reach places😎
View attachment 152552
That's my concern about @DanLewell's foldable stools, actually :( We had a serious accident shortly after getting our FT where my older boy started jumping up and down with excitement. He leapt sideways off the step stool and knocked out one of his front teeth on the casting trigger! :(

It's made me very cautious about folding stools/steps as they tend to be lighter and less stable.

I like your heavy wooden box step @M4carp . I also like the two-step stools, like the purple one at FlipOut, as they accommodate kids of different sizes. I just haven't found an affordable two-step stool on Amazon that isn't obviously for potty training.

That's my concern about @DanLewell's foldable stools, actually :( We had a serious accident shortly after getting our FT where my older boy started jumping up and down with excitement. He leapt sideways off the step stool and knocked out one of his front teeth on the casting trigger! :(

It's made me very cautious about folding stools/steps as they tend to be lighter and less stable.

I like your heavy wooden box step @M4carp . I also like the two-step stools, like the purple one at FlipOut, as they accommodate kids of different sizes. I just haven't found an affordable two-step stool on Amazon that isn't obviously for potty training.
Funland say you can supply a stool so long as it's accepted they are not liable.

The other thing you can use are the milk/beer/coke bottle crates, they are light/very stable and look cool but not suitable for carrying on the tube😔

The other thing you can use are the milk/beer/coke bottle crates, they are light/very stable and look cool but not suitable for carrying on the tube😔
Marco often supply items for small people to stand on at shows so I assume they sell them as well.

Back
Top Bottom