What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central London: Arcade Opening September 1st: Brunswick Centre (Russell Suare Tube)

Very interested. Local to my work and on my way back to the station.
What are the opening hours?

Gary - is this electrocoin running it? like the Beatles a few years ago?

Neil.

Update.
Visited earlier this week.

I cant imagine it will be open next week but soon after.

Payment will be via preloaded card and dynamic but initially I have suggested £1 per game.

Hours yet to be decided probably 10 to 10 initally, 7 days a week.

I need to visit to get some pictures for a magazine article and play some pinball (preferably before they open).
Looking at Thurday pm next week. Could probably take one or two guests with me. If you're interested PM me.

Oh, yes! I still need to get to Chief Coffee one of these days, embarassingly. Looks like a great line up (both the food and pins!).

Chief Coffee is pretty good!
Don't know when you went, but we were pretty disappointed, unfortunately :(

They had a MMr, DP Pro, STh Pro, CC, GB, MBr and an A:IQ when we went. Unfortunately, the MBr was out-of-action with a really simple problem (snapped rubber on slingshot) and the server upstairs had no idea how to fix it. So, there were six working machines, the GB was filthy and apparently the MMr wasn't in great condition either (although I didn't play on it).

The A:IQ was upstairs with a bunch of Japanese arcade machines (e.g. dance, fighting) and they seemed to be getting all of the love - both in terms of the number of people playing, and also the number and condition of machines. We were downstairs playing pinball for nearly two hours and, only in the last ten minutes, did anyone else come in.

It was better than nothing, but it wasn't even close to Flip Out...

It certainly wasn't as good as it looks on the website...

We were a little sad as we'd cycled two hours across London to go there.

They had a MMr, DP Pro, STh Pro, CC, GB, MBr and an A:IQ when we went. Unfortunately, the MBr was out-of-action with a really simple problem (snapped rubber on slingshot) and the server upstairs had no idea how to fix it. So, there were six working machines, the GB was filthy and apparently the MMr wasn't in great condition either (although I didn't play on it).

The A:IQ was upstairs with a bunch of Japanese arcade machines (e.g. dance, fighting) and they seemed to be getting all of the love - both in terms of the number of people playing, and also the number and condition of machines. We were downstairs playing pinball for nearly two hours and, only in the last ten minutes, did anyone else come in.

Hi there Vee Monroe,
Sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy you’re visit.
I have been away in Greece for a holiday (which was very nice to get away for a break) and returned yesterday, so the snapped sling shot rubber on MB has been promptly replaced and the playfields given a wipe down. Apart from ghostbusters did you enjoy our other new Stern machines?

Last edited:

Ps it’s an original monster bash and medieval madness

Hi there Vee Monroe,
Sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy you’re visit.
I have been away in Greece for a holiday (which was very nice to get away for a break) and returned yesterday, so the snapped sling shot rubber on MB has been promptly replaced and the playfields given a wipe down. Apart from ghostbusters did you enjoy our other new Stern machines?
I enjoyed all the machines :)

It was brilliant to have the opportunity to plus Deadpool and Stranger Things, in particular. I loved Ghostbusters - it was just that the playfield was a little dirty and it was a shame because it’s so wonderfully colourful!

I would definitely go again, now I know there’s someone active on this site who is usually on top of the situation with the machines (but was taking a well-needed holiday). It’s just you have a worry when you go to a venue, there’s an easily-fixable problem like the slingshot rubber, and no one around who seems able to fix it :(

I didn’t realise the MB and MM were originals - I’ve written somewhere else that I find it very hard to tell! :)

I'm surprised by your disappointment. @Chief has a great line up of games and in outstanding condition. I live locally and know Sam so go as much as I can.

Does 'Las Vegas' in London really have better machine? I doubt it. Looking after and maintaining pinball machines is hard.

Most pins on location are unplayable. Your expectations must be pretty high.

I'm surprised by your disappointment. @Chief has a great line up of games and in outstanding condition. I live locally and know Sam so go as much as I can.

Does 'Las Vegas' in London really have better machine? I doubt it. Looking after and maintaining pinball machines is hard.

Most pins on location are unplayable. Your expectations must be pretty high.
I’ve only been to Chief Coffee and Flip Out.

So, yes, my expectations were pretty high :)

Yeah you are correct Gary - but CGC added an ability to add your own logo in the area were a logo would normally go - they used Bally legally in AfM but for MM and MB they usually have CGC but I changed mine to Williams :)

I’ve only been to Chief Coffee and Flip Out.

So, yes, my expectations were pretty high :)

Love both places - was at Chief Coffee on Saturday with the kids and we all enjoyed it very much - every machine I played was in tiptop condition and there was a great selection of some of the newer machines.

Gary / I’ve Pm’ed you - I’d be happy to do this and bring my streaming gear To live broadcast it.

Back
Top Bottom