What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cactus Canyon remake chat

Am I right in saying that the Cactus LE Remake does not include a backglass, translite only ?

Did the LE machines, Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness and Monster Bash come with a real backglass ?

Just to confirm CGC have not raised prices in the US for Cactus Canyon since the announcement in 2021 right ? From what I can see Cactus NIB prices were, and now are,

Cactus Canyon Prices US October 2021
SE $8000
SE+ $9,250 (SE+ announced 6th Nov)
LE $9,250

Cactus Canyon Prices US August 2023
SE $8000
SE+ $9,250
LE N/A

Last edited:
LE# 790 arrived in Canada yesterday checking Pinside; looking back to Neil's message when LE#400 had been despatched CGC's run rate is approx 2.5 per day.
Which would see LE's (#1250) out of the factory early Feb'24 :hmm:

Am I right in saying that the Cactus LE Remake does not include a backglass, translite only ?

Did the LE machines, Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness and Monster Bash come with a real backglass ?
None of the CGC remakes come with 'a real backglass'
Bally/Williams did not have them either.

Any update from Phil Palmer regarding things?

Why do you not actually ring up or email Phil and ask him ?

None of the CGC remakes come with 'a real backglass'
Bally/Williams did not have them either.

Thanks for the info.

I did wonder why I had seen Cactus Backglass mentioned on pinside. Later found out that if you had ordered a Cactus from Planetary Pinball you were "enrolled in the PPS Game Loyalty Program (GLoP)" and have an option to purchase a mirrored backglass.

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-games-for-sale

Thanks for the info.

I did wonder why I had seen Cactus Backglass mentioned on pinside. Later found out that if you had ordered a Cactus from Planetary Pinball you were "enrolled in the PPS Game Loyalty Program (GLoP)" and have an option to purchase a mirrored backglass.

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-games-for-sale
Makes no difference as PP are one of the USA distributors

In the UK its Pinball Heaven.

Any updates on when CC expects to be in the UK ?

Cary Hardy's review now up

Loves it, but then sells it, whilst keeping Last Action Hero in the collection…..😂😂

And this is why he should have included a value for money score. As if that was cheaper, I doubt he would be selling.

I wonder if I few months after it gets here we will see a few sales here too, with people getting bored of it.

Loves it, but then sells it, whilst keeping Last Action Hero in the collection…..😂😂

And this is why he should have included a value for money score. As if that was cheaper, I doubt he would be selling.

I wonder if I few months after it gets here we will see a few sales here too, with people getting bored of it.
People got bored of it already as they got sick of waiting and sold their deposit spots!

Last edited:
I fancy a Pulp Fiction but not so much if I have to wait years for it. Is that likely to be a similar situation?
Probably not as long but then again don't bank on it.

A lot of the delays this time round were down to Exchange rate fluctuations and basically being asked to place us at the back of the queue until rates recovered.

shipping started for australia according to pinside , iv`e had one before so it will arrive when it arrives

Just got off phone with CGC. Good news and bad...

LE games are being built in TWO WEEKS!
Special games are being built in SIX WEEKS!

So we're getting the LE games shipped over early/mid October and the Special will follow later....

Bad news part 2. When we priced CC it was at 1.30, 2 years later, today, the dollar £ is 1.23

This means each LE game is £405 + VAT more than it was when ordered... I'll get in touch with all LE buyers over the next week to arrange final payment etc

Phil

I managed to swing by Retroids today on the way home. Owner Dave was great to chat too. Really great place and set up

You guessed it i was there to play CC

So much different from the originals i’ve tried. Struggled at first having all the pressures and politics of the delays etc around this game.
Took a break and played most of the others there ( liking JP2 more and more )

3 more games before i headed off and played without influence. Looking forward to it landing

Stock sound is really impressive. Call outs are awesome

Attachments

• IMG_4156.jpeg
    IMG_4156.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4157.jpeg
    IMG_4157.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 35
Just got off phone with CGC. Good news and bad...

LE games are being built in TWO WEEKS!
Special games are being built in SIX WEEKS!

So we're getting the LE games shipped over early/mid October and the Special will follow later....

Bad news part 2. When we priced CC it was at 1.30, 2 years later, today, the dollar £ is 1.23

This means each LE game is £405 + VAT more than it was when ordered... I'll get in touch with all LE buyers over the next week to arrange final payment etc

smoking-gun-smoking.gif

Back
Top Bottom