What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabin countdown

lukewells

Registered
So tomorrow (all going to plan) my new pinball cabin should be arriving and being built up.

It's very exciting (and also stressful as there is so much to get done in a short period of time)

When complete, I will have 12 pins in there, and no excuse not to have regular pinball meets anymore!

It's been a hell of a lot of work to get to this stage (started November) and we had to clear away an old derelict building and extend the foundations to maximize the size of the cabin possible.

I have to say a massive massive thankyou to the NLP guys for helping me out with the groundwork (Daz, Mark, Andre, Paul, John) - without them, this would not be happening now.

After arrival, it's a rush to get the insulation into the walls and build a raised, insulated floor.
After that it's running the wiring for the electrics, then putting up the internal walls and ceiling, and then finishing off with jointing and sealing.

Looks like I am going to be busy every evening for a while lol

Make sure you take plenty of pic's tomorrow when its being installed.
Looking forward to seeing those tomorrow evening.

I'm praying to the god of pinballs that it all goes well, insulation and soundproof boards arrive on Friday so it had better be ready or I'm in trouble lol

I'll take pics of course :)

I'm praying to the god of pinballs that it all goes well, insulation and soundproof boards arrive on Friday so it had better be ready or I'm in trouble lol

I'll take pics of course :)
Everything will be Tickey Boo

soundproof boards

Hmmmmm....., all must enter wearing bubblewrap ! ;) Only joking.... Fingers crossed the rain doesn't come down tomorrow in Blackpool. May get over for a nosey tomorrow evening.

I'm betting no more than 24 hours and pins will be in there. :D

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Very happy to 'help' (drink brews) if further assistance required at any point :)

Hmmmmm....., all must enter wearing bubblewrap ! ;) Only joking.... Fingers crossed the rain doesn't come down tomorrow in Blackpool. May get over for a nosey tomorrow evening.

I'm betting no more than 24 hours and pins will be in there. :D

Remember I said we will make a youtube video of you trying to break some of the offcuts of the soundbloc board as you seem to think it's so fragile ;) We'll see if you are still laughing ;)

I'm going to resist the urge to move pins in till it's done! Got to have the insulated floor down, walls and wiring as an absolute minimum :)

Remember I said we will make a youtube video of you trying to break some of the offcuts of the soundbloc board as you seem to think it's so fragile ;) We'll see if you are still laughing ;)

Ah I'm only joking as you first said you were using plasterboard... It'll probably be fine, just not something I would use personally in a timber cabin over plywood. No doubt I'll be the one putting the stuff up with you.... floor first? Friday evening looking best at moment.

Good luck today.

Daft question, Has it got any windows ?
I know you don't need but it would be nice to let a little fresh air in.

I'd put some kind of vent because you need air flow to a degree so as not to get mold, mildew, condensation ect

Get a basic heat exchanger, works a treat for me, swaps swamp gas for warm air :)

That it was.

Cabin looks massive Luke. After insulating, a cabin full of machines and people is going to get pretty hot... Probably the opposite of your concrete garage ! Will need to put something in there, open/close wall vents at least?

Back
Top Bottom