What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete (build) Garden Office / Pinball Room

Overdue update:

No building yet as we've been too busy with work and a well needed holiday abroad - the first since baby arrived.

Hoping to get a builder to start in 2-3weeks, so we should have something finished (more or less) by May.

We've had to cut the cost down a bit, but still hope to have a really usable space before Summer.

So are you sure that's the beginnings of a pinball cabin???

To the untrained eye it looks like it could be an almost finished Charlie Dimmock water feature, just before the water gets turned on? :confused::)

Far too contemporary for my liking...

It's definitely 50% pin-shed, 50% a garden office.

The bottom left corner faces South, so light will be an issue for the pinshed function (but a blessing for the office)... I'll have to find ways to cover the games up and/or create blinds.

IMG_2880.JPG

7 is a good number.
Now it's deciding which 7 to put in there.
Fortunately I 'only' have six, which is already one over the gaffer's approved quota...

Then again, she started at "zero", and I'm steadily pushing the tolerance levels up.

Intrested in the construction here - guessing there is an air gap between block work and timber frame, but no insulation, just a membrane ?? Is the insulation going in the studwork ? Guess outside will get rendered ?

Cheers Kev
Yes, think you're about right.

from the inside out:
  1. plasterboard (possibly an insulated type, not 100% sure what's she's specified)
  2. membrane of some sort
  3. 25mm air gap from front of timber frame, also acts as a services duct (which the builder has messed up i think, might have to make them do it properly). the sparky will run power in there and i'll add Ethernet cabling.
  4. 50mm kingspan
  5. 25mm airgap
  6. boarding fixed to the back of the timber frame.
  7. Visqueen (or however you spell it) membrane.
  8. cavity, no insulation
  9. blockwork
  10. render

Last edited:
Ahh meetings... the real alternative to work... ;) Know that pain only too well!! :D
true. I'm looking for a bluetooth Lync headset so i can mute my mic & play on Star Trek at the same time. current USB cable is far too short.

Last edited:
Yes, think you're about right.

from the inside out:
  1. plasterboard (possibly an insulated type, not 100% sure what's she's specified)
  2. 25mm air gap from front of timber frame, also acts as a services duct (which the builder has messed up i think, might have to make them do it properly). the sparky will run power in there and i'll add Ethernet cabling.
  3. 50mm kingspan
  4. 25mm airgap
  5. boarding fixed to the back of the timber frame.
  6. Visqueen (or however you spell it) membrane.
  7. cavity, no insulation
  8. blockwork
  9. render
cheers man looks like another interesting alternative to all timber construction, and I guess fairly cheap and quick?

Kev

true. I'm looking for a bluetooth Lync headset so i can mute my mic & Star Trek at the same time. current USB cable is far too short.

Same problem. We've moved to the newer version (Skype for business) - Still Crap ;)
Am looking at a couple of BT headsets - will let you know how they are :D

Heaters:

1x Elnur RF6E 750W
1x Elnur RF10E 1250W

Lighting:
2x flourescent strips for office
1x GU10 spot track running the length of the room.

latest images:
IMG_2942.JPG

IMG_2968.JPG

IMG_2969.JPG

Back
Top Bottom