What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bristol pins

Damn, you're ramping up fast, any chance you're looking for a venue that could be open later than 6pm?
We were originally going to takeover the lease for the old Cloak & Dagger bar on Gloucester Road and turn it into a barcade, which would have had a dedicated pinball section. Sadly the lease holder wouldn’t give up the lease without a significant payment to payoff her debts, so negotiations broke down after that. I’ve looked at a few places in Bedminster that look promising, but central or Gloucester Road is where we really want to be.

We were originally going to takeover the lease for the old Cloak & Dagger bar on Gloucester Road and turn it into a barcade, which would have had a dedicated pinball section. Sadly the lease holder wouldn’t give up the lease without a significant payment to payoff her debts, so negotiations broke down after that. I’ve looked at a few places in Bedminster that look promising, but central or Gloucester Road is where we really want to be.
Nice I'm really hoping you find somewhere because I'd love to see a pinball community take off here

Managed to bring up a few more pins today. AC/DC pro is out now, but I’ve just noticed it’s kicking out two balls? I think it’s probably the opto board? I’ll report back once I’ve fixed it.
E1E9627E-C9FE-4B14-8A96-D4C81278F2F7.jpeg9729360F-C2AF-4027-B097-E48F9C868F43.jpeg

Loads of empty property on Clifton Triangle at the minute; prime student land!

Unfortunately Ghostbusters isn't currently playable for those in the Bristol area. The coin door buttons have stopped working due to a fault on the board (anyone else ever encountered this on a Spike game? There isn't actually anything wrong with the physical buttons) so I can't set it up for coined play currently. I'll report back when it's ready to roll

In terms of machine numbers I think this means you are now currently the 6th largest public pinball venue in the country (behind only Pinball Office, Special When Lit, Tilt, Arcade Club and Medway).

Going to see if I can swing coming down for a couple of hours on Saturday…
Myself and Craig we have about 50+ games between us, so it’s not outside the realms of possibility that we could have 30+ games working by this year.

Myself, Craig and his dad Kev spent yesterday trying to get as many games working as we could.

I’ll create a list of all the games we currently have out with a update on their status later today 👍

Here’s a list of all the games we have at the arcade and their current status:

£1 per play section:
Ghostbusters Pro (Coin option not set)
Dirty Harry (Fully working)
Dracula (Fully working)
Dr Who (Fully working)
Lethal Weapon 3 (Fully working)
Star Wars (not ready yet)
Star Trek The Next Generation (Fully working)
Avengers (Fully working)
Flintstones (Fully working, not on new pound yet)
Spider-Man (being delivered shortly)
Not ready yet
Gorgar (Doesn’t speak, sounds are working though)
AC/DC pro (Kicking out two balls)
Dungeons & Dragons (Working, needs coin mech sorting)
Terminator 3 (Needs a few things sorting)
Fish Tales (Kicker is getting stuck)

Arcade Free Play Section
Mario (Working)
Galaxy (Working)
Spy Hunter (top flipper stuck)
Operation Thunder (Working)

In the basement waiting to be assessed.
Williams Flash
Williams Grand Lizard
Williams Black Knight
Williams Black Kight 2000
Williams Bride of Pinbot
Bally Strange Science
Bally Vector
Bally Medusa
Gottlieb Class of 1812
Gottlieb Haunted Haunted House
Stern Magic

Last edited:
Fixed the opto issue with AC/DC kicking out two balls. It’s now fully working and set to £1 per play.

Getaway is also fully working and ready to play.

Spider-Man just needs a coin mech then it’s ready 👍

Attachments

• 57974453-4075-49FE-B7A9-97D21C571FEE.jpeg
    57974453-4075-49FE-B7A9-97D21C571FEE.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 2F024F9C-2DC8-4034-B792-C86410A69693.jpeg
    2F024F9C-2DC8-4034-B792-C86410A69693.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 20
  • D1F42FDE-CEC0-4CA0-A015-00635C7B63CB.jpeg
    D1F42FDE-CEC0-4CA0-A015-00635C7B63CB.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 19
Was in Brewdog last night and had a few games on the Venom there. All seems to be working fine and playing really fast, £1 for 1 or £2 for 3. I was in the place for about 2 hours and I was the only person who played it that whole time, despite it being reasonably busy.

Back
Top Bottom