What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought my first machine!

Carl Spiby

Registered
I've bought a LW3 for a very nice price, I already have 2 loaner machines but for some reason, I'm really excited for LW3, I know a lot of people find it shallow but you've got to start somewhere :)

Apparently it's mostly working except for the DMD so that will be the first port of call when I get it, I haven't done board work before but I'm going to use this machine as a learning exercise, hopefully I'll get it up and running fairly easily as I'm going to have a HS2 shaped gap later this month :D

Everybody dance now.

LW3 rocks ! :cool: Just a great fun game to play - people always say its a good starter machine which possibly suggests its 'just alright' before you move on to bigger and better things, but that does it an injustice - its a cracking pinball in its own right.

I had one for a while in the lineup - sat amongst LOTR, CFTBL and GNR ....guess which one got played the most ....OK OK OK ;)

Last edited:
Grats Carl. Think I was talking to you and your other half at the Northern League meet yesterday. Sounds like a good buy and a decent intro to fixing/ maintenance.

Not had to touch boards myself as yet (touch wood) but loads of folk on here with years of experience willing to share so you'll be fine I'm sure :)

As for that new machine feeling...

Last edited:
Congrats Carl.

Nothing quite like your first Pin. Definately a matter of personal taste though - i'd love a LW3 at some point but wouldn't get rid of my R&B for anything. Need to wait until I have more room.

Ewan's old machine? :eek:

LW3 is a great game. Played for hours in the arcade when they were first released. :D

Can't go wrong at that price! It's official now. The pin collection is well underway :)

Well done Carl, LW3 is one of my favourite machines and I really regret selling mine. I've had a few machines over the years, but LW3 seems to be the machine me and my friends were drawn too - it is a really fun theme, but deep enough to keep you playing. Also, I quite like Data East machines and have found them to be reliable in my experience. Cheers, Mark

It'll be on its way North tomorrow!

Got a few things to do before its playable and I'll be learning as I go, I'll do a shop log thread when it arrives :D

Nice work. LW3 was my first game, after spending hours on it in the pub back in the early 90s. And a damn fine game it is too. OK-OK-OK-OK.

Nice one Carl. Never played LW3, the music on this one seems a lot better than other DE's.

I have a spare, used DMD I could sell if you're struggling.

Congratulations on your new machine. LW3 is a great game and was my 1st machine. Takes a brave person to release the flipper buttons to grab the gun and shoot when prompted but you have to do :)

Si

Back
Top Bottom