What's new

Bought my first machine!

Congratulations on your new machine. LW3 is a great game and was my 1st machine. Takes a brave person to release the flipper buttons to grab the gun and shoot when prompted but you have to do :)

Si

Not brave, just a case of timing it right... :D

I too enjoyed many hours on one in the local arcade back in the day.

Machine has just been picked up and is way. Hope you enjoy your first pin!

Takes a brave person to release the flipper buttons to grab the gun and shoot when prompted but you have to do
It helps if someone (not me I might add) has added an extra fire button by the right flipper ;-)

How much did you give for the LW3 then? You'll have five this time next year i bet..

Bargain!!!!!! I'm beginning to think the price of machines in general is starting to fall. Certainly think it's topped out thank Christ :)

Well as Moonraker says, not brave but good quick timing when leaving the flipper button to grab the gun. It only gives you a second or 2
to do it,but gives good points I think. I never bothered to look at the dmd, just heard a certain noise so I knew it had to be done.

Had the game nearly 2 years and loved it. Yes it's basic and you probably wouldn't want it by itself but give it a go and get yourself into it :)

Si

I do believe the price reflects the condition of this particular LW3.
Indeed, the cabinet has seen better days but the playfield is in particularly good nick. But it's not as bad as some people have said it is and it was rather annoying seeing people trying to talk down the condition.....

I'm not a greedy person, I bought the machine for only slightly less than what Carl paid plus I fitted over £100 worth of boards, so I believe it's a fair price on both sides.

LW3 - for some players is best machine from Data East. I did play recently in Poland and was Fantastic :) References to Williams games (Hurry Up - The Getaway or Cow when you shooting durring Video Mode ) are nice to see. Great game indeed!

References to Williams games
A few too many references it would seem.

LW3 was made in the era when DE and WMS were both trying to patent and trademark the hell out of anything pinball to try and quench their competitors. One example was moving from EOS based flippers to a solid state based design. WMS had a few patents in this area so when DE created their own solid state flipper board someone at DE chose the acronym "TYFFASI" as the part number, which allegedly stands for "Take your f*cking flippers and shove it".

Anyway, I digress. When LW3 was being made WMS tried to trademark the word "Multiball", which means that in the early software revisions "Multiball" is displayed on the DMD, whereas the later LW3 software revisions switched to "Tri-ball" or "3-ball".

Fingers crossed it's half about. I know you said it's a project.
Good cheap basic game.
Was my 1st machine and owned it for 2 years.

Its even shown in the film "COPLAND", plenty of shots of Sly Stallon playing it :)

Si

Back
Top Bottom