What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blade Beer Dispenser

I can highly recommend getting one of these. Great for making distilled water, hand sanitizer and er...... whatever. Just remember to add botanicals for that full on effect

Attachments

• 20201229_160430.jpg
    20201229_160430.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 40
^^^ Cheers for the info. I've not had a pint n the pub for nearly 2 years now.
I miss it but was majorly put off the day of my mates wedding. The Mrs and I went to a pub in Largs Scotland, they had Stella on tap. I ordered it for me but when i was drinking it I knew right away it tasted odd. Chemical type taste but thought WTF........ like an idiot, had another two pints before moving on to the wedding venue.
Later that night I was sh1tting through the eye of a needle.
I didn't eat anything all day apart from a light breaky, it was definitely the beer pipes still had cleaning fluid in them or something.
I’ve had a bad co2 bottle that gave a metallic/chemical taste before, never thought that possible but it can happen apparently.

What would you recommend guys- Phillips PD or a Blade? I’m not sure which to go for- I like IPA’s and haven’t been that impressed with the Blade selection online. Seems like their Morretti kegs are brewed in the UK; otherwise I’d have pulled the trigger. The SUB has kegs from the country of origin but is way too small and looks like a gimmick. Blade looks a nicer built machine than the Phillips PD though.

I've ditched the Blade just before Christmas. There is a better selection of beers now for it.

My faithful PD is still going strong and I like the range offered regular new kegs and seasonal beers.

Any difference in terms of the quality of the pour? Is one easier than the other to change kegs? PD seems to have the beers I want; but the Blade looks ace

Affligem is great, just ordered their IPA to try

Still on the lookout for a dispenser- now on a waiting list with Beerhawk for a PD machine. Currently going through cans of Lime Key Tiny Rebel/ super refreshing and appears to be available on the PD 1617827981845.jpeg

What would you recommend guys- Phillips PD or a Blade? I’m not sure which to go for- I like IPA’s and haven’t been that impressed with the Blade selection online. Seems like their Morretti kegs are brewed in the UK; otherwise I’d have pulled the trigger. The SUB has kegs from the country of origin but is way too small and looks like a gimmick. Blade looks a nicer built machine than the Phillips PD though.
I looked at this a while back, and if you like craft beer I just don't think it's worth it. The choice is less and the price is higher compared to the supermarket's shelf. Sure it's nice to have it on tap, but not worth the tradeoff imo.

I looked at this a while back, and if you like craft beer I just don't think it's worth it. The choice is less and the price is higher compared to the supermarket's shelf. Sure it's nice to have it on tap, but not worth the tradeoff imo.
I've had both but sold the Blade just before Christmas. Selection has improved since then.
PD is a keeper due to seasonal kegs especially around Octoberfest.
Just take into account you will need to consider elasticated waist type trousers.

Had a reply about the BBE date extension on the Peroni keg, thought I would check. Still think they should have reduced the price instead of increasing it.
Once it was chilled to 2c was rather nice I must say🤪

Hi David,

I've been passed your message below regarding the Peroni date on your keg.

I understand your concern, but we have took the decision as a business to extend the dates on our Peroni kegs in stock by 4 months. This wasn't a decision we took lightly but we ensured we took every possible measure to assess quality and are confident in the product. Please see below extract from the statement sent out to wholesalers which explains the reason behind this. We do not supply Castell Howell directly so this communication would have gone to their supplier.

I am writing to update you on some of the latest practical actions we are taking at Asahi UK to support
our customers with the prolonged period of shutdown in the hospitality trade, and ongoing uncertainty
regarding the potential reopening.

As part of this, we have been reviewing the best before end (BBE) dates of kegged beer stocks
produced prior to the current UK lockdowns, including our own inventory and those products already
delivered to customer depots. Applicable stock currently in outlets can be managed through the British
Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) Return Your Beer scheme, as per previous communications.

Following this, we have taken the decision to extend BBE dates on our Peroni Nastro Azzurro
kegged products - updating the 'shelf-life' of this product from six months to ten months. This
follows detailed due diligence and consultation with our brewing colleagues at Birra Peroni in Italy, who
have provided complete assurance that excellent product quality will be maintained.

By way of an explanation for the previous six-month period for Peroni Nastro Azzurro kegs - this period
was largely down to our intent to provide the most optimum keg delivery cycle, based on ordinary and
higher volume trading conditions. The current extraordinary operating environment creates a clear and
logical rationale for reassessing this approach.

Please be rest assured that there is absolutely no change to the Peroni Nastro Azzurro beer, and
that we remain committed to ensuring it is always brewed and served to the very highest super-premium
quality - that both we and you, as our valued customer, expect. We're taking this action to reduce
significant write-offs and unnecessary wastage for beer that will continue to offer this level of quality.
This notification applies to unopened keg stock only, with the assumption that it has been stored in the
appropriate and usual way required to protect the constitution of the product, since its delivery.
This change will apply to Peroni Nastro Azzurro keg stock you currently have in depot with a
current BBE date strictly between 1st March 2021 and 30th April 2021 only.

Please take this letter as confirmation that, for any such stock, the date by which this can be sold on for
consumption in outlets can be extended by a maximum of four months, using the same day of the
month as stated on the individual product. Any new Peroni Nastro Azzurro stock you receive will have
this BBE extension already applied and will not be subject to any further extension.

Luke Clemens
National Account Controller

Asahi UK Ltd
Griffin Brewery, Chiswick Lane South, London, W4 2BQ, United Kingdom

I've had both but sold the Blade just before Christmas. Selection has improved since then.
PD is a keeper due to seasonal kegs especially around Octoberfest.
Just take into account you will need to consider elasticated waist type trousers.
Finally managed to order a PD today from beer hawk so am excited for draft beer in the pin shed- ordered a Goose Island Session Keg to start with. Has anyone had the Thornbridge Jaipur or Spaten? Stretchy denim jeans also ordered from Levi’s

Finally managed to order a PD today from beer hawk so am excited for draft beer in the pin shed- ordered a Goose Island Session Keg to start with. Has anyone had the Thornbridge Jaipur or Spaten? Stretchy denim jeans also ordered from Levi’s
I've had the Spaten Octoberfest which nice. Jaipur is easy to drink. Can't beat Lowenbrau Octoberfest in early September but flys off the shelf when available. Don't under order!
Just finishing Lisa which is easy to drink!

I've had the Spaten Octoberfest which nice. Jaipur is easy to drink. Can't beat Lowenbrau Octoberfest in early September but flys off the shelf when available. Don't under order!
Just finishing Lisa which is easy to drink!
Lowenbrau Octoberfest is one of my all time favourites👍

Thanks for the recommendations- having lots of choice with the seasonal kegs was a big reason to pick this one over the Blade system. Will defo try to order the Octoberfest varieties. Quite like Tiny Rebel so will be ordering their Pineapple Express so long as it stays sunny up north. Don’t think I’ll be beating my high scores anytime soon.

For anyone else on the forum thinking of getting a Phillips Perfect Draft- Beer Hawk pinged me through a 15% off referral code for their PD system. My dad has just used this to knock about £40 off his new machine and a keg of Stella- plus the machine already has £10 off so pretty decent deal imo. Think it’s good for another 3 referrals…… feel free to use before the end of the month as think it expires on Sunday.

PDR06XH6CXM8LWJ​

Pinball Beer available in the USA

I've now had 3 Blade's fail, best to AVOID!

Initial 1 failed within warranty, replacement supplied which also failed. Beerwulf would not replace again.

So purchased a 3rd, now failed !!!, again well within wty. Beerwulf only offer to fix or supply refurbished machine.

As paid on a credit card, can I reclaim on Section 75 clause? Beerwulf say only refund in 1st 30 days

The product must be flawed, HUO, and this is a commercial grade machine. Ie not fit for purpose

I've now had 3 Blade's fail, best to AVOID!

Initial 1 failed within warranty, replacement supplied which also failed. Beerwulf would not replace again.

So purchased a 3rd, now failed !!!, again well within wty. Beerwulf only offer to fix or supply refurbished machine.

As paid on a credit card, can I reclaim on Section 75 clause? Beerwuld say only refund in 1st 30 days

The product must be flawed, HUO, and this is a commercial grade machine. Ie not fit for purpose
You forgot to mention how many plays it’s had 😂😂

That’s not good, had my True kegerator 7 years. Constant use since I bought it, that’s 88 pints every 2 weeks roughly. I did change the thermostat the other week as wasn’t getting cold enough which was easy, I like it ice cold and 3.5/4c not cold enough for me. Stats drift eventually. Has a 5 year warranty so built for purpose.

Sounds like it’s not fit for purpose to me, hope you get a refund.

Which model do you have? How long does the beer last in the barrel?

Back
Top Bottom