Blade Beer Dispenser

taz turbo

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2017
Southport UK
I had one at my birthday BBQ last year, remember those days when you could still see with friends! Blade was great, Heineken lager (friends work for the brewery, so even sweeter as it was free) each beer bomb is about 5L so doesn’t sit around long going manky!

Very good, have to pre chill the beer bombs, but no problem there.

Also saw it in Mauritius airport last year, had to sample it, also great.

Chris.

Paul

Staff member
Oct 5, 2012
Birmingham/Bristol
www.pinballinfo.com
Hahah crossovers between here and life...

My blade arrived Wednesday... no kegs yet tho and wasn’t worth risking the bh weekend delivery lottery.

On the flip side, my PD arrived on Thursday, with 2x6l kegs (one bud, one Stella)....

Pd is 6l kegs
Blade is 8l kegs

It will be cracked open tomorrow - kegs are already chilled :)

Reactions: Solar Sailer
OP
Solar Sailer

Solar Sailer

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2018
Basingstoke
Hahah crossovers between here and life...

My blade arrived Wednesday... no kegs yet tho and wasn’t worth risking the bh weekend delivery lottery.

On the flip side, my PD arrived on Thursday, with 2x6l kegs (one bud, one Stella)....

Pd is 6l kegs
Blade is 8l kegs

It will be cracked open tomorrow - kegs are already chilled :)
PD was good and good seasonal guest beers too. Getting your beer tokens can take a while though.

Reactions: Paul

MartinY

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2017
Hampshire
Which one would you recommend, PD or Blade? How long will the beer keep for unopened? I'm thinking 4 or 6 blade kegs might be around a while before opening

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
new cross
Bloody hell. Just seen the price of one of their systems. 😱 Even at London pub prices that would take a while to recoup.

I miss going to pubs but for the last 10 years or so Ive stuck to bottles in the main as it stops me getting quite so ****ed.

Does look like a nice system though.

OP
Solar Sailer

Solar Sailer

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2018
Basingstoke
Which one would you recommend, PD or Blade? How long will the beer keep for unopened? I'm thinking 4 or 6 blade kegs might be around a while before opening
PD for Variety. Both machines have 30 days once a keg is tapped.
The PD has a countdown but so far no one has ever posted a countdown past 15 days on the FB group. With joining The Sub, Perfect Draft and Blade owners group for tips and look at "safe places" that Yodel think are acceptable for beer delivery!
Kegs are generally good for 4-6 months and most grab the short date offers. Its just a best before date remember.

Paul

Staff member
Oct 5, 2012
Birmingham/Bristol
www.pinballinfo.com
Blades work out around £2 - 2.50 per pint.
Perfect draft is the other option - you can pick one up 2nd hand in the uk for £140 upwards... kegs are around £30 for 6l (10.5) pints. There’s a few deals going on at the mo...

simono

Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
My wife was lucky enough to win a PD in Sainsburys draw. Didn't even know until got an email from Beer Hawk, as was entered automatically.
Its definitely great, and kegs work out around £25 with tokens.
Am on Lowenbrau at moment, which is lovely😁

Reactions: ronnie63 and Paul

ronnie63

Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2015
Scotland
My wife was lucky enough to win a PD in Sainsburys draw. Didn't even know until got an email from Beer Hawk, as was entered automatically.
Its definitely great, and kegs work out around £25 with tokens.
Am on Lowenbrau at moment, which is lovely😁
Same. Lowenbrau is best I had so far! Having a few tonight, it's out of stock often!

Reactions: simono

M4carp

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Alias
David
It’s a downward spiral boys, I should know. 50 litre kegs don’t last 2 weeks here🤪
Shame they will not sell them here during the lockdown😭
My back just went the other day so maybe the Blade is a good option😂

• Haha
Reactions: taz turbo
OP
Solar Sailer

Solar Sailer

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2018
Basingstoke
1st Moretti keg done. Will power is not great.
Just order two local Austrian beers from Beerbottle EU. 20 euro shipping for two legs but worth it just for the lack of variety here in the UK.

OP
Solar Sailer

Solar Sailer

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2018
Basingstoke
Omg.... strongbow!!!
That’s it - order incoming!!
Can’t believe I’ve never found this site before!
They have had a lot of enquiries from the UK in the past week and updated there website yesterday to take orders from the UK.

Got to act quick in case Heineken force them to stop sales to the UK.
Once the shop has our direct details then we can relax a but.